Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards on Fresh Air today!
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:06

Keith will be on Terry Gross' Fresh Air program today. Check out your local public radio stations!

Re: Keith Richards on Fresh Air today!
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:12

Thank you!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:15

Is that NPR? I'm boycotting them for firing Juan Williams. Free Speech goes both ways.

Date: October 25, 2010 19:39

Yes it is NPR. Political correctness can go a bit wild sometimes. Still, it's Keith and Terry Gross does great interviews...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:54

Keith Richards on "Fresh Air" somehow just doesn't sound right. smoking smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 25, 2010 19:56

that voice...on Fresh Air, with Terry Gross, a great interviewer, sounds like an old sage
" you gotta get kickin' 70 before you find this stuff out" !!

Date: October 25, 2010 20:09

24FPS
Is that NPR? I'm boycotting them for firing Juan Williams. Free Speech goes both ways.

right on 24FPS I thought the same...then thought about the other programs that I like so much on NPR...the producers and hosts of those programs didn't have anything to do with the Juan Williams thing, which was incredibly petty.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 25, 2010 21:39

You can listen to the interview here:

[www.npr.org]

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: October 25, 2010 22:09

Thank you, open-g! I`m listening to it now. Just like the mood, and tempo)

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 23:50

open-g
You can listen to the interview here:

[www.npr.org]

Thanks for that link! Great interview. Keith was naughty at the end where he tells Terry Gross, "Good try, honey."

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 25, 2010 23:57

NPR is painful cause they can broadcast great pieces once in awhile, so we know they are capable, but the NPR broadcasts in many regions are the rantings of monotone feminists in search of a lynching. They could expand the topics much more, and address equality issues across the globe that affect all genders and races, all ages and national identities, and not the disproportional crap they spew to serve their own agenda. Yes, I would like to see them be fair, that's all.

Date: October 26, 2010 00:09

Keith didn't like Terry Gross....

I didn't know there were NO electric guitars in the recording of Jumping Jack Flash!
What about the 12 string?

Weird.

Date: October 26, 2010 00:41

She seemed most interested in the acoustic guitars played and recorded as electrics. it is interesting. not much about the other Stones though..and Keith wanted to keep it about the book..."its all in the book"..she did get his take on Altamont though: "it could have been a lot worse"...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 00:49

Munichhilton

I didn't know there were NO electric guitars in the recording of Jumping Jack Flash!
I really like Jumpin' Jack Flash but I still agree with what Mick said about it in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES: "It's not in your face enough." I think they should have used actual electric guitars.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 26, 2010 00:55

duke richardson
24FPS

right on 24FPS I thought the same...then thought about the other programs that I like so much on NPR...the producers and hosts of those programs didn't have anything to do with the Juan Williams thing, which was incredibly petty.

pettier than Fox News announcing Juan Williams 2M contract on the day of his firing...pettier than Major Garret's (ex Fox News star) statement on 2 seperate shows today that FOX looks to gain viewers on playing out/on discord and confusing the viewer from reality?? ....just asking...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 26, 2010 02:57

Title5Take1
Munichhilton

I really like Jumpin' Jack Flash but I still agree with what Mick said about it in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES: "It's not in your face enough." I think they should have used actual electric guitars.

Absolutely not. It's a perfect track.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 26, 2010 03:32

I've been waiting for Terri to interview Keith all my life. Anyone catch his final words? "Thanks, Terri, Nice try!" Love it. I have a great deal of respect for NPR... I feel like I've lived my life now that Keith has been on Fresh Air.

Date: October 26, 2010 04:08

Rip This
duke richardson
24FPS

pettier than Fox News announcing Juan Williams 2M contract on the day of his firing...pettier than Major Garret's (ex Fox News star) statement on 2 seperate shows today that FOX looks to gain viewers on playing out/on discord and confusing the viewer from reality?? ....just asking...

well they (Fox) have been doing that all along...I thought NPR was more principled, but not in this case

Date: October 26, 2010 04:54

71Tele
Title5Take1
Munichhilton

I love the track as is to.
Fortunately we have several 'electric' versions from every other time it was played.
I venture to say the recording of it was the ONLY time it was played acoustically.

And Ya Yas is probably as close to how it would have sounded electrically as anything.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 26, 2010 05:21

the questions were borderline ridiculous, how is she on the air?

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: October 26, 2010 05:46

Hilarious interview. Best moments were when Keith would get irritated and call her honey and darling; or when she named off "anti-girl" songs like Under My Thumb. You could hear Keith's frustration.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 26, 2010 06:24

71Tele
Title5Take1
Munichhilton

thumbs up

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 26, 2010 06:56

melillo
the questions were borderline ridiculous, how is she on the air?
She has been on the air for over 30 years. What did you find ridiculous?

Posted by: Beauforde ()
Date: October 26, 2010 07:35

MKjan
NPR is painful cause they can broadcast great pieces once in awhile, so we know they are capable, but the NPR broadcasts in many regions are the rantings of monotone feminists in search of a lynching. They could expand the topics much more, and address equality issues across the globe that affect all genders and races, all ages and national identities, and not the disproportional crap they spew to serve their own agenda. Yes, I would like to see them be fair, that's all.

Exactly. Juan Williams, liberal talking head, is fired by NPR for comments condsidered not politically correct...I get that left-wing propaganda organization's programming shoved down my throat on AFN 24 hours a day and I am often disappointed at how biased, intellectually dishonest, and Liberal-skewered their coverage, perspective, and opinions are. There is so little balance. NPR should have been taken off the public troth 30 years ago. Let them compete in the market place and see if they can find an audience, but to take U.S. taxpayer's money to indoctrinate generation after generation to their doctrinaire point of view and continue to pose as a 'neutral' and 'objective' news organization funded by the US taxpayer is outrageous.

They have some fine things, but---anyway, this Keith interview is fine...nothing for us hard-cores, but passable for the masses...nothing incisive or enlightening...but cool to hear Keith.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 26, 2010 17:07

yeah,
good to hear his voice, and the drag of a cigarette!!
jeroen

Date: October 26, 2010 17:11

Its worth noting that the Keith interview by Terry Gross had nothing to do with Juan Williams at all.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: October 26, 2010 17:40

He sure didn't want to talk about what he says in the book about Mick, did he?

Date: October 26, 2010 18:48

Munichhilton
Its worth noting that the Keith interview by Terry Gross had nothing to do with Juan Williams at all.
Indeed it did not. I wish posters cold stay focused on the interview rather than the merits of NPR but I think that would be expecting to much...

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 26, 2010 19:03

And, by the way, Juan Williams is only a "liberal" talking head on Fox (where he gets paid $2 million a year). On NPR, he was supposed to be a journalist. He failed at that.

See, for example: [andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com]

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 26, 2010 19:07

Thanks for the link open-g! Nice interview enjoyed that.

On the political news bent.........Juan Williams is a chameleon and just says whatever he thinks the audience wants to hear depending on where he is talking that day, whether it be FOX, NPR or wherever. NPR got tired of his duplicity.

That said IMO NPR and FOX news both suck.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home