Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glastonbery
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: January 19, 2012 05:18

Wonder will the boys play this festival?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-19 05:19 by tipps.

Re: Glastonbery
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 19, 2012 05:21

Looks better with a "u"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 19, 2012 11:16

Not this year - no Glastonbury until 2013.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 19, 2012 12:45

Edith Grove
Looks better with a "u"

Sure does; as in Glastonbury ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: January 19, 2012 13:37

The Stones will never play this festival I think, sadly...

The organiser Michael Eavis has said he's tried many times to book them, but they always want far more money than he was able to give them.

Glastonbury Festival doesn't pays its performers very much at all compared to other festivals (one way they can get so many acts into one weekend); the financial incentive for the artists is the TV exposure and the consequent bump in record sales - I guess the boys don't care about that, they just want cold hard cash in their pockets!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 19, 2012 17:01

They played the Isle of Wight, though - which is a smaller festival.

However, the IOW is promoted by John Giddings - who promotes the Stones' UK tours - which probably helped.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: January 19, 2012 17:14

Smaller festival, but they pay a heck of a lot more...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 19, 2012 17:36

Gazza

However, the IOW is promoted by John Giddings - who promotes the Stones' UK tours - which probably helped.
And don't call them boyswinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 19, 2012 20:41

I've been a regular at Glastonbury since 1979, last year was my 11th and since about the mid 90's I've always hoped the Stones would play, but as mentioned above Eavis doesn't pay much. Jade Jagger is also a regular Glastonbury goer and has asked Mick if he will do it and he said he was considering (I read all this in a magazine about a year ago) she has made him watch it on TV and he had kind of come around to the idea.

There is no Glasto this year but 2013 who knows. Although Eavis has said that he has already booked his headliners for 2013 so I can't see it being the Stones. I don't think they would have agreed to it as a one off before they've even booked the tour in. If they did, it is one of the most amazing places for a festival, Glastonbury has a vibe like no other place and it would go down in rock history as one of those shows like Zeppelin at Knebworth, Hyde Park, etc etc

I'll be there, so I really hope they do it before they quit.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 11, 2012 12:25

Where is Glastonbery ?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2012 13:23

kingkirby
The Stones will never play this festival I think, sadly...

The organiser Michael Eavis has said he's tried many times to book them, but they always want far more money than he was able to give them.

Glastonbury Festival doesn't pays its performers very much at all compared to other festivals (one way they can get so many acts into one weekend); the financial incentive for the artists is the TV exposure and the consequent bump in record sales - I guess the boys don't care about that, they just want cold hard cash in their pockets!

Mick said in a radio interview a couple of years back that the reason they'd never played Glastonbury was because they'd never beeen invited to..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-11 15:00 by EddieByword.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 12, 2012 01:20

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

And don't call them boyswinking smiley

?????????????????????????//////

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home