Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Losing My Touch vs This Place Is Empty
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:02

slew
skipstone - Even though I somewhat agree with you come on why belittle people for what they like and don't like musically???

Because of...Streets Of Love, Rain Falls Down etc. That's why. And it's not belittling, it's the very essence of 'oh it's not Before They Make Me Run'. It is what it is - end of the road Keith. Losing My Touch is a beautiful song with very odd lyrics (why would an aging rocker say he was losing his touch?) where as This Place Is Empty is Keith by numbers. All it's missing is the cheesy 'get out kid' from The Worst.

Date: October 25, 2010 07:21

And because, as this video demonstrates, there couldn't be a better piss break than this kind of singing?

Date: October 25, 2010 10:30

This Place Is Empty is a good song. Losing My Touch is not, imo.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 15:09

love both. usually prefer keiths ballads over the rockers (when keith on vox).

and his reggae shit is forgetable.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 25, 2010 20:16

JumpingKentFlash
You think that CDA is great, so hallelujah and stick it up yer arse.

If you enjoy sticking things up yer arse, fine, good for you. I dont, I am just not that kind of guy!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 25, 2010 20:33

JumpingKentFlash
alimente
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
Both boring as hell...you would not listen to this shit from other artists. Honestly, when there's You Got The Silver or Coming Down Again, who needs stinkers like these?

Actually I prefer both TPIE and LMT to Coming Down Again. Never got why that was so loved. Probably because it's from the early 70s.

CDA is so loved because it's great. That you don't get it does not really surprise me because from reading a lot of your posts I get the impression that you generally don't get why the early 70's stuff is so good.

Then you got the wrong impression. You do know that I think like everybody else here? That the '68 - ´72 years were the best ever. In other words that's my favourite period. So how did you get to think that I dislike that period? Because if you like the early 70s stuff, you absolutely must bash the latter day stuff (I don't do that because I can see that the albums of today were never supposed to sound like Sticky Fingers)? Because I didn't live in the period when those albums was released? Is that some of your reasons?
You think that CDA is great, so hallelujah and stick it up yer arse. I don't like it much. To me it's kindda boring and bland. Are you judging my love for the Stones on one song? There's no way to "get" why the early 70s were so great. It's all about how YOU feel about it. You can't just say "This song is great" and think that everybody agrees with you. How'd you explain Nana Mouskouri?

I'm with Kent on this one. I also never been a big fan of "Coming Down Again". I like its 'honesty' and 'self-reference' or 'story-line' but musically I think it is a bit boring and bland - it just doesn't seem to lead anywhere, or if it does, it seem gets there way too hardly or slowly. Perhaps nicely capturing the atmosphere at the time but the atmosphere was bit bored and tiresome as far I can see. Not Keith's most inspired moments for sure [another reason why GOATS HEAD SOAP was a step from the rank of masterpieces to lesser works - I think almost kills the excitement of the record by setting the mood]. No wonder why there were not any Keiths solo numbers in the next two albums.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-25 20:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 25, 2010 20:36

Doxa
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
Both boring as hell...you would not listen to this shit from other artists. Honestly, when there's You Got The Silver or Coming Down Again, who needs stinkers like these?

Actually I prefer both TPIE and LMT to Coming Down Again. Never got why that was so loved. Probably because it's from the early 70s.

CDA is so loved because it's great. That you don't get it does not really surprise me because from reading a lot of your posts I get the impression that you generally don't get why the early 70's stuff is so good.

Then you got the wrong impression. You do know that I think like everybody else here? That the '68 - ´72 years were the best ever. In other words that's my favourite period. So how did you get to think that I dislike that period? Because if you like the early 70s stuff, you absolutely must bash the latter day stuff (I don't do that because I can see that the albums of today were never supposed to sound like Sticky Fingers)? Because I didn't live in the period when those albums was released? Is that some of your reasons?
You think that CDA is great, so hallelujah and stick it up yer arse. I don't like it much. To me it's kindda boring and bland. Are you judging my love for the Stones on one song? There's no way to "get" why the early 70s were so great. It's all about how YOU feel about it. You can't just say "This song is great" and think that everybody agrees with you. How'd you explain Nana Mouskouri?

I'm with Kent on this one. I also never been a big fan of "Coming Down Again". I like its 'honesty' and 'self-reference' or 'story-line' but musically I think it is a bit boring and bland - it just doesn't seem to lead anywhere, or if it does, it seem gets there way too slowly. Perhaps nicely capturing the atmosphere at the time but the atmosphere was bit bored and tiresome as far I can see. Not Keith's most inspired moments for sure. No wonder why there were not any Keiths solo numbers in the next two albums.

- Doxa

Hmmm - it's just subjective I suppose, I find Coming Down Again to be really really excellent.....among the finest "ballads" Keith has ever done

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-25 20:38 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 25, 2010 21:57

Erik_Snow
Doxa
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
JumpingKentFlash
alimente

I'm with Kent on this one. I also never been a big fan of "Coming Down Again". I like its 'honesty' and 'self-reference' or 'story-line' but musically I think it is a bit boring and bland - it just doesn't seem to lead anywhere, or if it does, it seem gets there way too slowly. Perhaps nicely capturing the atmosphere at the time but the atmosphere was bit bored and tiresome as far I can see. Not Keith's most inspired moments for sure. No wonder why there were not any Keiths solo numbers in the next two albums.

- Doxa

Hmmm - it's just subjective I suppose, I find Coming Down Again to be really really excellent.....among the finest "ballads" Keith has ever done

I'm with Erik on this one.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 25, 2010 23:13

alimente
Erik_Snow
Doxa
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
JumpingKentFlash
alimente

- Doxa

I'm with Doxa on this one.

smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: October 25, 2010 23:47

Doxa

smileys with beer

- Doxa

What a surprise!

Far out, man, far out!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 26, 2010 00:48

Doxa
alimente
Erik_Snow
Doxa
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
JumpingKentFlash
alimente

- Doxa

smileys with beer

- Doxa

On this one, I'm with Alimente

smileys with beer

Erik

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 26, 2010 00:53

..........I'm on me own ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 26, 2010 01:35

Both are dreadful - boring and maudlin. I love most of everything else he's done. Here's hoping he'll rebound on any new CD the Stones put out.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 28, 2010 04:32

skipstone - I happen to like Rain Fall Down the guitar actually sounds "different"

Date: October 28, 2010 06:25

Slew - it's just a visit of the Undercover album sounding guitar. It sounds like a really bad Undercover leftover. But you like it so so what.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-28 06:26 by skipstone.

Date: October 28, 2010 10:22

Sometimes great songs don't have to be great compositions. Now and again it's enough to be able to capture a groove and a feel. That's what Coming Down Again does to me - in an excellent way.

Of course it helps that Keith was on top of his game with his vocals, and I love the sax tracks as well as the darkness of this song.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home