Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Can I Be Part Of The Superbowl "Audience"?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 29, 2005 17:41

You know how when they have the halftime show at the Superbowl there are always a couple hundred people on the field, crowded around the stage, appearing to provide the acts with an improptu audience? Who are these people? I'm pretty sure they don't have tickets to the game and don't get to see any of it. More likely, they are assembled outside the stadium during the first half as part of some sort of open casting call for "audience members". They are told to jump around, carry on, give up props and mad love to the band, and wave their hands in the air like they just don't care. Well, I live about 40 miles from Detroit and probably won't have anything better to do that day and wouldn't mind seeing what is likely to be the Stones final Detroit appearance. I'd like to be one of those peole on the field, but I'm sure they won't let me in. As with their videos, they will want to show the world how "vital" they are by having an audience of twenty-somethings. They can't have a bunch of greybeards standing there drinking out of plastic cups and smirking.

Re: Can I Be Part Of The Superbowl "Audience"?
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: October 29, 2005 17:57

I would not bet on this being the last time they play in Detroit.

Posted by: rockroll ()
Date: October 29, 2005 19:44

Good luck getting anywhere the Super Bowl without shelling out MEGA bucks! The Super Bowl is nothing but one big corporate money orgy. The most over-hyped, over-rated event in American sports.

Date: October 29, 2005 19:46

Typo in my last post. Should be "Good luck getting anywhere NEAT the Super Bowl....."
Sorry

Date: October 29, 2005 19:47

Typo in my last post. Should be "Good luck getting anywhere NEAR the Super Bowl....."
Sorry

Date: October 29, 2005 19:47

LOL!!!!!!!! DAMN! One should not drink so early in the day if one intends to type!

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: October 29, 2005 20:07

They had the Superbowl in my city last year. If they do the thing where they bring in a "temporary, fake" crowd of people onto the field during the Stones performance I see no reason why you could not be one of them. These are unpaid "extras" as you say. If you think your appearance might hinder your chances then change it : wear some hip clothes, dye your hair, shave off your beard and get a hip new haircut. (Hell you might even get laid after all is said and done) Show up in the vicinity very early. Be prepared to go through several layers of security. Ask around to find out where to go etc. and you'll have as good a chance as anyone (at least 50/50) to get in. Be ready to lick some boot and kiss some ass. But seriously I doubt it would be worth the time and effort unless you got on TV and your wife recorded it and you could tell that it was you. Might be fun at parties.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 29, 2005 22:57

rockroll Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL!!!!!!!! DAMN! One should not drink so early
> in the day if one intends to type!

One has the oportunity to edit his post - but maybe its hard to find when one drinks early in the day winking smiley

Date: October 30, 2005 16:56

Duane in Houston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They had the Superbowl in my city last year. If
> they do the thing where they bring in a
> "temporary, fake" crowd of people onto the field
> during the Stones performance I see no reason why
> you could not be one of them. These are unpaid
> "extras" as you say. If you think your appearance
> might hinder your chances then change it : wear
> some hip clothes, dye your hair, shave off your
> beard and get a hip new haircut. (Hell you might
> even get laid after all is said and done) Show up
> in the vicinity very early. Be prepared to go
> through several layers of security. Ask around to
> find out where to go etc. and you'll have as good
> a chance as anyone (at least 50/50) to get in. Be
> ready to lick some boot and kiss some ass. But
> seriously I doubt it would be worth the time and
> effort unless you got on TV and your wife recorded
> it and you could tell that it was you. Might be
> fun at parties.

Sure, it's a lousy job, but SOMEONE'S gotta do it!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2005 17:00

They will probably play Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and Rough Justice. Just a wild guess. What some call boring songs played at every show. But I would love to be there, in case it would be great fun. But it would probably cost like 10 regular shows? How much is the black market price for a ticket to the Superbowl these days? More than 1000 dollars I guess? It would kill my entire budget for 3 songs!

Bjornulf

Date: October 30, 2005 17:09

I'm not talking about paying $1,000 to see a football game. I'm talking about getting in for free for 12 minutes at halftime to see the Stones. They will play Satisfaction, HTW, IORR, and JJF.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2005 17:20

And what will the 100,000 or so crowd at the Detroit Ford Field do while they play? Half time means a break in the game? Go buying beer I guess?

Bjornulf

Date: October 30, 2005 17:26

The Superbowl's reputation is that the halftime shows are frequently better than the usual 42-7 game, so a lot of the crowd will stay in their seats expecting to be razzle-dazzled.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: October 30, 2005 18:32

I'm also curious as to how many other acts or singers The Stones will have to share the limelight with. They don't go with just 1 performer at halftime anymore. Hmmmmmmmm......I wonder what Brittney Spears or Fifty Cent are doing around that time?........

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 10:43

The approaching Superbowl reminds me of what I heard on the radio the day after the Stones played the Superbowl halftime show. The audience on the field around the Stones jumped with energy. Well, the next day I happened to hear conservative radio host, Michael Savage, on my car radio (one of the maybe three times I've heard him). He said (paraphrase from memory): "My God, seeing that awful crowd on the field jumping about to the Rolling Stones like lunatics made me wish we had the Taliban here to dispense with people like that."

O...kay....

Date: January 30, 2012 12:38

Rickster
I would not bet on this being the last time they play in Detroit.

Six years later and it still appears to have been the last time! grinning smiley

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 30, 2012 14:44

I had a GREAT time being part of that on field crowd.....

Date: January 30, 2012 14:53

detroitken

I wish I had done it, but it seemed like too much of a pain in the ass. First they said you couldn't be over a certain age (45?) because the stage had to be moved onto the field very fast and you had to be able to run to keep up with it. Then people complained about the age restriction so then they said you could be over 45, but you had to be able to take a week off from work to go to 'rehearsals' (?) and they wanted to do an FBI background check on everybody and you still wouldn't be able to actually watch the game, and on and on. Seemed like a lot of hoops to jump through just to see the Stones play three songs, especially since I had just seen them across the street at Comerica Park five months earlier where I had been front row at the B-stage. Still, if I had known then what I know now, that it really probably was their last visit to Detroit, I might have gone for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 14:54 by tatters.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 30, 2012 23:57

detroitken
Props to you man, smileys with beer that has to make you smile everytime you think it , or say it, that is fkg cool as heck. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 31, 2012 02:09

lets just hope there's no wardrobe malfunction this year...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home