Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Track Talk (Some Girls Deluxe): I Love You Too Much
Posted by: René ()
Date: January 23, 2012 11:36

Comments, input and alterations are very welcome!
________________________________________________________________________________

I Love You Too Much
(Mick Jagger / Keith Richards)

Pathé Marconi Studios (EMI Studios), Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, France,
October 10, 1977 - March 2, 1978, Le Fork Studios & La Fourchette,
Pocé sur Cisse, France, August 2011 and Electric Ladyland Studios,
New York City, New York, US, September 2011

Mick Jagger - lead vocals
Keith Richards - electric guitar, piano, harmony vocals
Charlie Watts - drums
Bill Wyman - bass
Ron Wood - electric guitar

I came inside to get out of the rain, I wasn’t thinking I’d be staying
But, when you pulled me off the doorstep, somehow I knew I’d end up paying
Somehow I knew I’d end up paying, yes, it’s me that does the paying

‘Cause I love you too much, I can’t help it if I love you too much
It’s so much more than just a sniveling crush
I can’t help it if I love you, I can’t help it if I love you

You call it morbid fascination, I call it nasty education
Friends of mine they all snicker and sneer, they all laughing while I cry in my beer
I need help, I never give in, I get discouraged but I never give in

‘Cause I love you too much, I can’t help it, ‘cause I love you too much
You got me dizzy like a Martini lunch
I can’t help it if I love you, I can’t help it if I love you

I called to tell you that I’m sticking it out, I can’t fight at this obsession
If there’s something I know nothing about, still there’s madness in my method
I can’t fight my own obsession, you can call it, call it object lesson

I love you too much, I can’t help it, ‘cause I love you too much
It’s so much more than just a sniveling crush
I can’t help it, ‘cause I love you
Love you too much, I can’t help it, ‘cause I love you too much
You got me dizzy like a Martini lunch
I can’t help it ‘cause I love you, love you too much

I can’t help it, I just can’t help it, I can’t help it, I just can’t help it
I can’t help it, ‘cause I love you, I can’t help it
I can’t help it, I just can’t help it, I can’t help it, I just can’t help it
I can’t help it, ‘cause I love you, I love you too much

Produced by The Glimmer Twins, Chris Kimsey & Don Was

First released on: The Rolling Stones - “Some Girls” 2CD
(Universal Music 278 924-3) UK, November 18, 2011

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 11:10 by René.

Re: Track Talk (Some Girls Deluxe): I Love You Too Much
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 23, 2012 11:40

I was wondering when Keith' piano parts were recorded. Anybody know that?

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: January 23, 2012 11:51

Great song!

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: January 23, 2012 12:01

Great song! My absolute favourite on the SG-Bonus-disc!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 23, 2012 12:13

>I was wondering when Keith' piano parts were recorded. Anybody know that?

If there's a piano (buried somewhere deep down in the mix) then it
was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in NYC in September 2011.
The article in US Rolling Stone-mag of November 24, 2011 mentions
this.

N

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 23, 2012 20:34

Worth linking this thread to the earlier one:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:16

An enjoyable track; cool guitar sound (especially in the solos) and more solid evidence that Mick doesn't have to over-enunciate, even in 2011.

Can't decide if I prefer this or the original bootleg, aka "I Wanna Fvck You Too Much". Probably the bootleg... earthier and grittier, and love that interplay between Mick and Keith (or is that Ronnie??) on the original vox.

Drew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 01:17 by drewmaster.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:19

drewmaster
An enjoyable track; cool guitar sound (especially in the solos) and more solid evidence that Mick doesn't have to over-enunciate, even in 2011.

Can't decide if I prefer this or the original bootleg, aka "I Wanna Fvck You Too Much". Probably the bootleg... earthier and grittier, and love that interplay between Mick and Keith (or is that Ronnie??) on the original vox.

Drew

The vocals on Love You Too Much comes from 1977, not 2011 - apart from a couple of words which he added last year.

The song you mention with Keith and Jagger singing "I won't f-ck you too much" is a completely different song; called I Need You

So there!

D+ !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 02:40 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 24, 2012 03:30

Erik_Snow
drewmaster

Drew

The vocals on Love You Too Much comes from 1977, not 2011 - apart from a couple of words which he added last year.

The song you mention with Keith and Jagger singing "I won't f-ck you too much" is a completely different song; called I Need You

So there!

D+ !

Wow, I did screw up, Eric ... it was a long day at the office. I of course meant the original "Love You Too Much", not "I Need You" ... not sure why I got the two tracks confused.

But I've always heard the line in "I Need You" as "I wanna fvck you too much" ... are you SURE that it's "I won't ..."??

And are you SURE that Mick only added a few words on this new "Love You Too Much" ... can you point me to the version that this is lifted from?

Drew

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 24, 2012 05:03

should have been on a stones album. another gem dug up.great song.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: January 24, 2012 06:16

Isn't the first line " I came inside to get out of the rain" ?
In any event, it's one of my favorites of the new/old tracks. Really hits a groove around 1:45 or so

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 24, 2012 08:42

tumblingdice
Isn't the first line " I came inside to get out of the rain" ?

yep!

Date: January 24, 2012 11:25

drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster

Drew

So there!

D+ !

Wow, I did screw up, Eric ... it was a long day at the office. I of course meant the original "Love You Too Much", not "I Need You" ... not sure why I got the two tracks confused.

But I've always heard the line in "I Need You" as "I wanna fvck you too much" ... are you SURE that it's "I won't ..."??

And are you SURE that Mick only added a few words on this new "Love You Too Much" ... can you point me to the version that this is lifted from?

Drew

Yes Jagger just added a couple of lines, like the "Martini Lunch" line, it's been discussed and concluded on also on this board, if you make a search
The "real" version, without those 2011 overdubs is available on bootlegs. THere's several takes of Love You Too Much, and right now I can't remember which feature the version closest to the original, and I'm not able to check, as I'm at work. You'll find it easily on torrents if you're into that.

And no, it's not "I wanna F you too much" but "I won't F..." - at least in my ears

BTW; "I wanna F you too much" wouldn't make sense in connection to the rest of the lyrics. But when he says "I WON'T..." then he's being affectionate and considerate....a gentleman, so to say!

edit: so your complaint about the grade didn't help. It's still a D+

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-24 12:37 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 24, 2012 15:16

Here's one of the original takes (from Place Pigalle)

Date: January 25, 2012 02:40

Erik_Snow
"I wanna F you too much" wouldn't make sense in connection to the rest of the lyrics. But when he says "I WON'T..." then he's being affectionate and considerate....a gentleman, so to say!

That might be the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this board.

Drew

Date: January 25, 2012 03:27

drewmaster
Erik_Snow
"I wanna F you too much" wouldn't make sense in connection to the rest of the lyrics. But when he says "I WON'T..." then he's being affectionate and considerate....a gentleman, so to say!

Drew

But that's because you don't get it.
Neither the jokingly chauvanistic aspect of Jagger's lyrics, nor the irony of my post.

E-

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 25, 2012 11:26

Erik's right, all down the line -
the lyrics to I Need You (which is a different track altogether) include an absurdly gentlemanly promise not to overdo it
and it's quite funny (well, maybe not to Keith! but that's just my imagination)

now back to our regularly-scheduled I Love You Too Much thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-25 12:43 by with sssoul.

Date: January 26, 2012 01:29

Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow

Drew

Neither the jokingly chauvanistic aspect of Jagger's lyrics, nor the irony of my post.

E-

Yo, professor, stop giving letter grades when no one is asking you for them. Your supercilious, "you just don't get it" attitude really sucks.

Drew

Date: January 26, 2012 01:35

with sssoul
Erik's right, all down the line -
the lyrics to I Need You (which is a different track altogether) include an absurdly gentlemanly promise not to overdo it

with sssoul, with much respect and admiration for you, I must disagree. At the :56 second mark, Mick clearly says "I wanna", not "I won't"...

Have the lyrics to "I Need You" been published anywhere? Can't find anything online.

Drew

Date: January 26, 2012 01:55

drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
Drew
Yo, professor, stop giving letter grades when no one is asking you for them. Your supercilious, "you just don't get it" attitude really sucks.
Drew

Well I got slightly upset about my good description on why he says "won't" got a "the most ridiculous statement"-badge, which is why I wrote that you didn't get it....which you didn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 02:03 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 26, 2012 02:13

Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
Drew
Drew

Well I got slightly upset about my good description on why he says "won't" got a "the most ridiculous statement"-badge, which is why I wrote that you didn't get it....which you didn't.

None of this would have happened if you hadn't decided to give letter grades to my posts. That was rude; I haven't "graded" your posts, so there's no reason to grade mine. If there was any kind of irony you intended, it got lost in the shuffle.

Drew

Date: January 26, 2012 02:28

drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
Drew
Drew

None of this would have happened if you hadn't decided to give letter grades to my posts. That was rude; I haven't "graded" your posts, so there's no reason to grade mine. If there was any kind of irony you intended, it got lost in the shuffle.

Drew

oh come on, grades weren't for real. Let's shuffle the cards again, we can still be friends.

Date: January 26, 2012 02:40

Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
drewmaster
Erik_Snow
Drew
Drew

Drew

oh come on, grades weren't for real. Let's shuffle the cards again, we can still be friends.

One grade was ok; three times, at my expense, was not funny. But anyway, let's bury the hatchet, wipe out the past.

Drew

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: January 26, 2012 10:32

"wipe out the past" - are you citing "mixed emotions"?smiling smiley))

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: January 29, 2012 02:56

A killer track. It swings really well. I think it coul have been a radio smash hit then and it could be now. Just give it some airpay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home