Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith RICHARDS "There's probably nobody I've grown to appreciate more over the years than Bill Wyman"
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 26, 2012 22:32

Re: Keith RICHARDS "There's probably nobody I've grown to appreciate more over the years than Bill Wyman"
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 26, 2012 22:37

Bill must've gotten Keith something super cool for Christmas and his birthday for Keith to unleash that kind of praise...

Re: Keith RICHARDS "There's probably nobody I've grown to appreciate more over the years than Bill Wyman"
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 26, 2012 22:48

Praised in 1983, forgotten in Life in 2010.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 26, 2012 22:58

Same page on Rolling Stones.com says stand out tracks with Bill on bass on Happy !! Something is wrong on Rolling Stones.com, right??

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 26, 2012 22:58

About time.

Date: January 26, 2012 23:00

That's what was only "published" Stones are masters at the media.

You/me will NEVER know what has been said privately between phone calls from them.

All the laughs probably is what they say.

Date: January 26, 2012 23:04

mtaylor
Same page on Rolling Stones.com says stand out tracks with Bill on bass on Happy !! Something is wrong on Rolling Stones.com, right??

There's loads of errors regarding who played what, what instruments were used etc etc.

Date: January 26, 2012 23:05

mtaylor

Bill did stand that one out...or sit rather.

Date: January 26, 2012 23:20

Munichhilton
Bill must've gotten Keith something super cool for Christmas and his birthday for Keith to unleash that kind of praise...

The quote is from 1983. Keith still remembered Bill's gift to him from ~ 6 years prior. I reckon the gift was white and powdery.....

Date: January 26, 2012 23:23

wanderingspirit66
Munichhilton

The quote is from 1983. Keith still remembered Bill's gift to him from ~ 6 years prior. I reckon the gift was white and powdery.....

I strategically left out what year I was referring too....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 26, 2012 23:23

Rollingstones.com paying attention to Bill Wyman. Not bad eh

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 26, 2012 23:26

He says some nice things about Bill's playing in this Brussels Affair video...

[www.stonesarchive.com]

Date: January 27, 2012 23:17

His Majesty
Praised in 1983, forgotten in Life in 2010.

Exactly...

Bill is barely quoted in Life.

Being so disregarded means big trouble behind the courtains (inmho).

The problem for Keith and Mick consists of Bill fitting perfectly in stones sound. Bill made (contributed to) the stones sound.

Bill may be light years from Darryl from a technical point of view. But...gosh...Bill was instrumental (something that Bill himself or Keith or Mick might find difficult to admit/accept/realise/understand...).

(Come back Bill...travel by car or bus or sleigh...but come back...)

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 27, 2012 23:26

somethin's cooking here.....thats good news......now would be a good time for
Bob Dylan to call Mick and Keith.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 27, 2012 23:40

Out of the 7 stand out tracks Bill plays on 4. Funny.

Mathijs

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: January 27, 2012 23:42

There are a couple things that I think Keith held against Bill for a long long time and he's just getting over it.

1. Stone Alone and some of the claims in there.

2. Quitting.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: January 28, 2012 02:43

Pity you did not appreciate him when it mattered,that'was the problem,at one time you had the greatest rythym section in the world - you let it slide thru your hands.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 28, 2012 02:49

Mathijs
Out of the 7 stand out tracks Bill plays on 4. Funny.

Mathijs

There's the sincerity of the rollingstones.com for you. It's a selling site, no member of the Rolling Stones has (probably) ever visited the site.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 28, 2012 03:28

This doesn't sound like Keith.

Maybe damage control from his management.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home