Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Mick Taylor: "The Rolling Stones? I hate them."
Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:13

This whole video is quite interesting. Not sure if it has been posted before . .At 4:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 02:14 by mitchflorida.

Re: Mick Taylor: "The Rolling Stones? I hate them."
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:46

Nice use of context there, Mitch. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:55

or perhaps lack of context.

Date: July 17, 2010 03:05

Mick Taylor seems like a nice guy. He reminds me of Charlie Watts. .down to earth . . non-pretentious. I don't think Mick Taylor particularly liked Mick Jagger or Keith Richards, that's obvious from his remarks about "rock stars". If he had been closer to Charlie Watts or even Bill Wyman, he may have felt a closer tie to the group. He says he still has a love/hate relationship with the Stones and alway will feel that way.

Date: July 17, 2010 03:31

mitchflorida
He says he still has a love/hate relationship with the Stones and alway will feel that way.

True, although thats not as attention-grabbing a thread title as

mitchflorida
"The Rolling Stones? I hate them."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 03:32 by Gazza.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 17, 2010 03:49

Mick Taylor said "I love them. They're rock stars" as well.

MitchFlorida = No Sense Or Context Ever

Date: July 17, 2010 03:54

Gazza
mitchflorida
He says he still has a love/hate relationship with the Stones and alway will feel that way.

mitchflorida

In truth, he puts a lot more emphasis on the word "hate" than he did love. It was quite jarring to me the first time I heard it. He doesn't like them, though he loves the music he made during that period.

Mick Taylor was stewing about something the last couple of years with the Stones. .Mick Jagger and Keith were oblivious to it and were "shocked" when he left. In another part of the video he said he was constantly arguing with Mick and Keith.

Date: July 17, 2010 03:57

skipstone

He was calling them "rock stars" in a derogatory way . . like they were celebrities ..famous for being famous.

Date: July 17, 2010 03:58

mitchflorida
Gazza
mitchflorida

mitchflorida

In truth, he puts a lot more emphasis on the word "hate" than he did love. .

Oh, for f***s sake...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 17, 2010 04:01

This is true....

"I'd always been more into the Beatles" - Mick Taylor

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 17, 2010 04:26

In another part of the video he said he was constantly arguing with Mick and Keith.

..and Mick and Keith have never argued.. haha

they pretty much have had a love/hate relationship for eons

hell I even have a love / hate relationship with the bloody stones too!

Taylor is an honest interview and he's right; the Stones did peak at that point, and their pre-Taylor material does beat their post Taylor material too. he is also bang on with hat he says about celebrity culture as well

lets face it, the stones are a bit goofy with their giant shows (so is U2) no matter how much $$ they rake in (and lets face facts there too..$$$ is what it is all about)..then you have guys like Taylor playing clubs and contempories like the Allman Brothers .. who don't need or care about the circus side-show routine

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 04:29 by stones77.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 17, 2010 04:29

Mitchflorida blablablablablabla....

I don't think anybody on this board reads anything of Mitchflorida's comments seriously.

Date: July 17, 2010 04:30

Date: July 17, 2010 04:34

mitchflorida
skipstone

He was calling them "rock stars" in a derogatory way . . like they were celebrities ..famous for being famous.

No he didn't. He literally said "Rock stars". I heard it. I heard him say it. He said it. "Rock stars". He said "I love them". He said it. I heard it. I heard him say it. He said it. "I love them".

Date: July 17, 2010 04:47

mtaylor
Mitchflorida blablablablablabla....

I don't think anybody on this board reads anything of Mitchflorida's comments seriously.

The video speaks for itself. It has five parts, and it is quite candid and interesting.

When Mick Taylor joined the Stones it was 1+4 didn't = 5, it was 1 + 4 = 10

Now that MT has left the group it is back to 1 +4= 5 again.

In other words MT made himself and the Stones much better than they can ever accomplish on their own.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 05:02 by mitchflorida.

Date: July 17, 2010 05:15

Right. So the increase in quality of the songs that Jagger and Richards were writing plus the input of Jimmy Miller, who produced all their music from 1968 to 1973 had absolutely nothing to do with that level of accomplishment. It was pretty much all down to the (brilliant) lead guitarist.

OK, if you say so..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 05:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 17, 2010 05:46

Mitchflorida the title of this thread is misleading. He does not say that specific quote. Misquoting is easy! Look, I can take your opening sentence in this thread "This whole video is quite interesting. Not sure if it has been posted before . .At 4:45" and turn it into- "Quite a has been at 45"

Mitchflorida says Mick Taylor was a has-been at 45!!! OMG
See Mitch, misquoting is easy!
But you will lose credibility very quickly, yes?

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: July 17, 2010 05:53

mitchflorida, you should be a journalist. you have a way with words.
oh, and also because you're a moron. no offense.

Date: July 17, 2010 06:03

Why did Mick Taylor come out and say that he hated the Stones? A love/hate relationship yes, but where does the anger come from? You Mick Taylor experts out there, what is he saying?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 06:07 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 17, 2010 06:08

MitchFlorida is Joey. I have proof.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 17, 2010 07:29

Rocky Dijon
MitchFlorida is Joey. I have proof.

Joey? Really bad Bob Dylan song written about him.

Date: July 17, 2010 07:33

71Tele, you just fell from my good graces. "Joey" is a great Dylan song. If you have to pick on DESIRE, pick on "One More Cup of Coffee" or "Oh, Sister."

Date: July 17, 2010 07:40

Rocky Dijon
71Tele, you just fell from my good graces. "Joey" is a great Dylan song. If you have to pick on DESIRE, pick on "One More Cup of Coffee" or "Oh, Sister."

I LOVE "One More Cup of Coffee"! Same with "Oh Sister". "Joey" is seven minutes of dirge with poor Emmylou Harris trying to harmonize with Bob. Sheer torture.

Date: July 17, 2010 07:46

Nah, "Joey" is as great as "Hurricane" and "Sara" and "Black Diamond Bay" and "Isis." However, you're back in my good graces since you do appreciate the album. I'm goin' back to work now and then hittin' the sack. Nice chattin' with you.

Date: July 17, 2010 08:02

Rocky Dijon
Nah, "Joey" is as great as "Hurricane" and "Sara" and "Black Diamond Bay" and "Isis." However, you're back in my good graces since you do appreciate the album. I'm goin' back to work now and then hittin' the sack. Nice chattin' with you.

You too Rocky...Desire is a winner for sure.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 17, 2010 09:38

All of Desire is fantastic! One More Cup of Coffee is a splendid gypsy rock song. Joey, well it does go on a bit, Sad Eyed Lady of The Lowlands for the 70's.

Who could blame MT for hating the stones. Lets face it they aren't that honorable, and have often been cutthroat with their dealings. I suppose it is in their nature to be very self centered. Keith and Mick that is. Charlie seems like a pretty good guy....Bill, well he is pretty creepy, and I can't get past him dating a 13 year old.

Re: Mick Taylor: "The Rolling Stones? I LOVE THEM."
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 17, 2010 10:32

mitchflorida
Mick Taylor was stewing about something the last couple of years with the Stones.

The last couple of years ??? HUH. He has only been with the Stones for a couple years.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 17, 2010 11:37

I understand the love hate relation Mick talks about..........

Love for the great music they made in that period and hate for not being credit and his drugs addiction

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 17, 2010 14:03

Taylor needs to zip up...he took the job on and he knew perfectly well he was joining a band of 'rock stars' the basic truth is that MT simply couldn't hack the lifestyle, which is fine, but he needs to just stick with saying that instead of blaming other band members. Let's face it, all the stones have fallen out with each other over the years, as any group of guys would who are working together and touring - that's the business. He is just bitter that he didn't get credit for some of his input on the song writing.

The Stones is Mick and Keith's - charlie is highly respected by both, but other than that any other members are there as bit part players and that includes a limited financial cut and song writing limitation.

Taylor should be happy he had his time with the greatest r'n'r band in the world and at there most productive period. He's handled it all really badly since walking out on them, he could have done it so much better and made millions and felt better about the whole thing...but that's him - brilliant guitarist but not cut out for the big time.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 17, 2010 14:06

crumbling_mice
He is just bitter that he didn't get credit for some of his input on the song writing.

Wouldn't he be justified for this?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home