Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Mick is bi?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 26, 2010 00:45

Bliss
Well, to each his or her own, but to me, that photo is the very opposite of glamourous or androgynous; he looks like a pathetic, ancient old drag queen who should keep his fantasies private.

Now, a photo of Mick in a tuxedo...that's more to my liking.

....if it makes you uncomfortable then Mick's done his job hasn't he....and you ought to maybe examine why it does.?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 00:54

Mick Taylor said (I think in MOJO), "Mick Jagger's philosophy of life is, `Moderation in everything, except sex.'"

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 02:05

gimmelittledrink
That's it. `England is a fag country!' What a great show.

'Besides, everybody knows that England is a faaag country...'

Priceless. The best show ever.

And Bliss, Mick does look scary in that pic, like an old Nazi drag queen, like an even creepier Joel Gray in Cabaret.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 02:17

proudmary
Bliss
Was it from Marianne that there was a description of Mick having an affair with James Fox? Or Anita in some interview?

My books are in storage so I can't look it up.

Yeah, Marianne hints smth. like this, but I can't believe her 100%. She likes to tell stories....

I have never really regarded him as bisexual in terms of his lifestyle, because in nearly fifty years of his stardom, there has never been any true revelations, referring to that fact, apart from a few rumours here and there, which seem to have little foundation

I agree. It makes sense

It was Anita who said that "Jagger is bi-sexual, know"...
She likes to say that Mick was in love with MIck Taylor and Taylor was afraid of him etc....uptstairs hiding under the covers at Nellcote because Mick was scaring him...lol
Marianne said that Jagger was in love with Keith. There is a book about the Stones that came out in the mid-80s, by AE Hotchner, who interviewed ANita and Marianne extensively and they told some real doozies, like how Mick almost attacked her after a concert, how Mick listened to Keith in the next room, saying something like 'Ooh, Keith is sexy...' In the 80s, Mick said something about how about journalist interview 'Marianne Faithful because she will say anything..'
They made some pretty bizarre claims and Marianne has since disowned her participation in that paricular book, and says she was doing drugs at the time etc.... But its one of the reasons I take anything either one of these women say with a grain of salt. They have, over the years, spouted inconsistent memories and contradictory anecdotes.
As Mick being gay, I think Mick's ago was flattered by his ability to attract some men or to be seen as androgynous.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 02:23 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 26, 2010 05:27

>>They made some pretty bizarre claims and Marianne has since disowned her participation in that paricular book, and says she was doing drugs at the time etc.... But its one of the reasons I take anything either one of these women say with a grain of salt. They have, over the year

Hotchner fed Marianne line after line of coke to get the interviews.

Date: October 26, 2010 10:39

Rip This
Bliss
Well, to each his or her own, but to me, that photo is the very opposite of glamourous or androgynous; he looks like a pathetic, ancient old drag queen who should keep his fantasies private.

....if it makes you uncomfortable then Mick's done his job hasn't he....and you ought to maybe examine why it does.?

Mick is not about making people uncomfortable, he is all about pan-sexual allure, and sadly that photo is the very opposite of that to me. I doubt if it would appeal to anyone of any sexual orientation.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 29, 2010 08:34

Bliss
Rip This
Bliss

Mick is not about making people uncomfortable, he is all about pan-sexual allure, and sadly that photo is the very opposite of that to me. I doubt if it would appeal to anyone of any sexual orientation.

eeah - good points!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 29, 2010 08:41

Isn't all Englishmen bi? Must have something to do with boyschools..
smoking smiley

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 29, 2010 09:09

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 29, 2010 09:12

No Expectations
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Right!thumbs up You got my point.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 29, 2010 12:33

swiss
Bliss
Rip This
Bliss

eeah - good points!

+1 thumbs up

same with jerry, this pic doesn´t work.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 29, 2010 16:39

stoneswashed77
swiss
Bliss
Rip This
Bliss

eeah - good points!

+1 thumbs up

same with jerry, this pic doesn´t work.

...art...good art provokes thought. Thought makes people uncomfortable when it questions their core beliefs. That you stopped to comment suggests you were provoked.

Date: October 29, 2010 19:38

Normally I wouldnt respond to silly challenges....

That was a private photo, not meant for the general public and certainly not part of Mick's classic artistic persona. Its a long way from glam-rock, both in content and context; it looks to be from the mid 80s.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 29, 2010 20:13

lol...i heard Alexander the Great was well..

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1345
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home