Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Street fighting man tips for guitar...
Posted by: mattty973 ()
Date: October 20, 2010 14:18

Ok so years ago I learnt the paradiso version in open g capoed at the 5 th fret. However I wa only able to hear and see via the video the main chord changes... Again I am inspired to play this version and would love it if someone could fill me in on the nauances ..cheers! It is on the stripped cd..

Re: Street fighting man tips for guitar...
Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: October 20, 2010 15:29

Capo needs to be at the 4th fret in Open G for Street Fighting Man....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 20, 2010 16:29

Do you mean the chords, what chords? Yeah, 4th fret if you want to get the chords right.

Date: October 20, 2010 16:50

Sorry I did forget it was 4 th fret. Mainly I struggle with the ending and the verses where it is just one chord alternating with the open strings?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 20, 2010 16:53

You mean the bit after 'rock'n'roll band' where it's in C sharp (second fret with the capo) and he does a sort of chordal hammer off to the open B, bouncing between the two?

I may be thinking of the Ya-Ya's version more than anything else.

Date: October 20, 2010 19:07

Yeah and the jam at the end... So many instruments that stones songs o find very hard to pick out the chords..

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 20, 2010 19:25

It's all about the feel, baby. There are only really 3 chords to song, not including the sus 4 add 6 variations, which has been the staple of Keith's sound for 40 plus years. In this case (and indeed all) your ears are your best asset. Don't so much as think what Keith is doing, as feel it! Hope this makes sense..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2010 19:31

ChrisM
It's all about the feel, baby. There are only really 3 chords to song, not including the sus 4 add 6 variations, which has been the staple of Keith's sound for 40 plus years. In this case (and indeed all) your ears are your best asset. Don't so much as think what Keith is doing, as feel it! Hope this makes sense..

thumbs up

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: October 20, 2010 21:47

We've recently started playing this in our set. I play it on acoustic guitar in open g tuning but I play it on 5th fret (C/F) which means I can play the 'open'g at the bottom (ie no string fretting needed) in the chorus and alternate it with the g chord on the 12th fret, along with the c chord at the 12th/14th fret. I have to say it sounds very good tuned this way.....

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home