Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bad Company w/o Mick Ralphs
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 20, 2010 09:21

So I find out that Mick Ralphs is ill and cannot appear in concert in Tokyo next week. I have the option to return my tickets. Is Bad Company with Howard Leese (the guy who played with Heart all those years and currently tours with Rodgers, I believe) replacing Ralphs still worth seeing?

Any thoughts?

Re: Bad Company w/o Mick Ralphs
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: October 20, 2010 09:38

I would go ahead. Leese is a pro, can probably play all the leads as well as Ralphs. Paul's still very strong on vocals.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:09

If the gigs earlier this year are anything to go by Howard does most of the signature song soloing (not sure why), even on Shootin' Star and he does so admirably. I would not have any reservations, unless you area "purist."

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:29

Keith Emerson & Greg Lake also cancelled Tokyo show because of Keith's illness.

Mick and Keith mishaps. sad smiley

Date: October 20, 2010 23:48

I think I'll go. I guess I want to see Paul Rodgers live.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 21, 2010 00:06

I wouldn't go because as a Mott the Hoople devotee I'd want to see the mighty Ralpher as well as the great Paul Rodgers.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 21, 2010 14:15

As a big Bad Co fan i wouldn't attend unless Bucket stepped in as a substitute. Hate Howard Leese, should have been bucket in his place. Bad company 2010 is basically Paul Rodgers solo band with Mick and Simon. He should have kept Bucket as the second guitarist as he and Mick have established the art of weaving!

Date: November 1, 2010 13:40

Glad I went. Paul Rodgers was in great voice. First time seeing him live (other than the Seagull performance at the Led Zep reunion) so it was a great time for me. I was blown away when they did three encores, and they threw in all of those Beatles songs.

Can't Get Enough
Honey Child
Run With The Pack
Burnin' Sky
Oh, Atlanta
Seagull
Gone, Gone, Gone
Mister Midnight
Twilight Zone [theme song? Yoake No Keiji]
Electricland
Feel Like Makin' Love
Shooting Star
Rock and Roll Fantasy / Ticket To Ride / I Feel Fine
Movin' On

Encore

Bad Company
Be My Friend (Free)

Encore 2

Ready For Love

Encore 3

Stormy Monday

Date: November 1, 2010 14:07

they've been doing that beatles medley at the end of RNR fantasy for a long time

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: November 1, 2010 20:11

keefriffhard4life
they've been doing that beatles medley at the end of RNR fantasy for a long time
I saw them once last year in Atlanta and twice this year, Lakeland and Atlanta. They did not do the Beatles medley at any of the shows. I have heard 5 other concerts from last year and it was not performed. I was looking forward to the medley. Paul Rogders performed it when he toured with Bad Company back in '02 following the orginal line up's tour of '99. On this tour he had David Colwell on guitar and Jaz Lochrie on bass. I had noticed Mick Ralph's absence from the one photo of the Tokyo concert that I have seen. Now I know why. Speaking of Howard leese, I think he is a great guitarist. Last year Ralph's handled most of the solos. I noticed this year that leese took a good 60% of them. Paul was doing a solo tour before and during Bad Companys tour. Maybe that's why Ralph's stepped back. Illness? One thing, I have seen Paul Rodgers several times since '72, with Free, Bad Co., Queen and solo. He is amazing. His voice keeps getting better. I read were he realized early on he had to save his voice and learn to sing in key. Most all vocalist from the sixties had no musical training and never learn to sing in key. Hence, some from that time have loss their ability to hit the notes any more. Even Ron Wood said his newest CD is the first one he every sang the songs in their right key, mention that was something he had never thought about!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 1, 2010 20:58

mr_c_ox
As a big Bad Co fan i wouldn't attend unless Bucket stepped in as a substitute. Hate Howard Leese, should have been bucket in his place. Bad company 2010 is basically Paul Rodgers solo band with Mick and Simon. He should have kept Bucket as the second guitarist as he and Mick have established the art of weaving!

Bucket? Hyacinth Bucket? Wow, I´d pay good money to see that winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: November 1, 2010 23:12

deeppurple
keefriffhard4life
I saw them once last year in Atlanta and twice this year, Lakeland and Atlanta. They did not do the Beatles medley at any of the shows. I have heard 5 other concerts from last year and it was not performed. I was looking forward to the medley. Paul Rogders performed it when he toured with Bad Company back in '02 following the orginal line up's tour of '99. On this tour he had David Colwell on guitar and Jaz Lochrie on bass. I had noticed Mick Ralph's absence from the one photo of the Tokyo concert that I have seen. Now I know why. Speaking of Howard leese, I think he is a great guitarist. Last year Ralph's handled most of the solos. I noticed this year that leese took a good 60% of them. Paul was doing a solo tour before and during Bad Companys tour. Maybe that's why Ralph's stepped back. Illness? One thing, I have seen Paul Rodgers several times since '72, with Free, Bad Co., Queen and solo. He is amazing. His voice keeps getting better. I read were he realized early on he had to save his voice and learn to sing in key. Most all vocalist from the sixties had no musical training and never learn to sing in key. Hence, some from that time have loss their ability to hit the notes any more. Even Ron Wood said his newest CD is the first one he every sang the songs in their right key, mention that was something he had never thought about!

oh ok. i have that live cd from the post reunion tour and they do that beatles medley which made me think they've been doing it since then

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home