Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I Go Wild
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: January 10, 2012 06:38

I love this song,my fav part in the song is when the guitars stop playing,and its just the drum beat and singing I Go Wild,then the guitars start up again.

WOW that just blows me away.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: I Go Wild
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:44

Yep. Love this tne too. among my favourites of Voodoo. course I also like the other two big rockers off the album Sparks Will Fly and you got Me Rocking. Though popular concensus is that they are both shit.

I do like a good rocking.

\m/

Date: January 10, 2012 10:47

one of the best post 1983 stones tunes

Date: January 10, 2012 12:01

Might be my fave off VL. Love the long verse (the Ronnie verse) beginning with "and the doctor says.."

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 10, 2012 17:04

mandu
I love this song,my fav part in the song is when the guitars stop playing,and its just the drum beat and singing I Go Wild,then the guitars start up again.

WOW that just blows me away.

i feel myself falling hopelessly in love with you, mandu.

Date: January 10, 2012 17:06

keefriffhard4life

Also one of the best post 1986 tunes.

Date: January 10, 2012 17:11

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

Also one of the best post 1986 tunes.

maybe just one of their best post tunes, period.

Date: January 10, 2012 17:17

The Scott Litt remix is better than the LP version.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: January 10, 2012 17:33

Well, it is strange how our opinions do seem to differ. For me, 'I Go Wild' represents everything i hate about the latter day Stones songs. It's a Stones-by-numbers effort with pretty much nothing to recommend it in my opinion. Lyrically, and musically, the Stones are very much devoid of any kind of inspiration, and are just going through the motions of the type of song, perhaps, that the fans would expect of them, only like so many of those from the later period, this song rings pretty hollow very fast. 'I Go Wild',in addition to 'You Got Me Rocking', 'Rough Justice' 'Oh No Not You Again' etc. are the Stones at their laziest, i feel. These songs are worse than any of the songs from earlier in their career, and especially far less intriguing than THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST, which comes in for some undeserved stick, i feel, simply because it sounds a lot less Stones like. 'I Go Wild' is actually one of the very last songs i would choose to listen to from their catalogue.

Date: January 10, 2012 17:45

Edward Twining
Well, it is strange how our opinions do seem to differ. For me, 'I Go Wild' represents everything i hate about the latter day Stones songs. It's a Stones-by-numbers effort with pretty much nothing to recommend it in my opinion. Lyrically, and musically, the Stones are very much devoid of any kind of inspiration, and are just going through the motions of the type of song, perhaps, that the fans would expect of them, only like so many of those from the later period, this song rings pretty hollow very fast. 'I Go Wild',in addition to 'You Got Me Rocking', 'Rough Justice' 'Oh No Not You Again' etc. are the Stones at their laziest, i feel. These songs are worse than any of the songs from earlier in their career, and especially far less intriguing than THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST, which comes in for some undeserved stick, i feel, simply because it sounds a lot less Stones like. 'I Go Wild' is actually one of the very last songs i would choose to listen to from their catalogue.

What, just above Streets Of Love and Sweet Neo Con?

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: January 10, 2012 18:07

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Edward Twining

I'd definitely put it below 'Streets Of Love', WeLoveToPlayTheBlues, which i don't think is quite as bad as some may have you believe (although i don't believe it is actually very good). 'Sweet Neo Con' and 'I Go Wild', however, seem pretty evenly matched in the less than likeable stakes, in my opinion.

Date: January 10, 2012 18:26

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Edward Twining
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Edward Twining

I'd definitely put it below 'Streets Of Love', WeLoveToPlayTheBlues, which i don't think is quite as bad as some may have you believe (although i don't believe it is actually very good). 'Sweet Neo Con' and 'I Go Wild', however, seem pretty evenly matched in the less than likeable stakes, in my opinion.

You must be drinking some strange brew. Somethin' ain't right about you.

it kills what's inside of him, maybe.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 10, 2012 21:17

Efficient song. To be played live and loud.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 10, 2012 21:30

Oh Edward, you had me right along with you untli you said 'below Streets of Love"! While I agree 100% with your comments about the band's laziness in the writing department, NOTHING they've done is worse than Streets of Love or Sweet Neocon - including Dirty Work!!!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 10, 2012 21:43

jamesfdouglas
Oh Edward, you had me right along with you untli you said 'below Streets of Love"! While I agree 100% with your comments about the band's laziness in the writing department, NOTHING they've done is worse than Streets of Love or Sweet Neocon - including Dirty Work!!!

A thousand 'here here!''s! smileys with beer

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 11, 2012 01:02

1994 Vegas at the MGM, about an hour and a half after the show two buddies and I were playing black jack and low and behold who sat down to play at our table? Lisa Fisher.

She was very friendly and (Smokin hot as we all know). We asked her what song she liked singing the most at that time and she said hands down I love (I go Wild)

TRUE STORY

Date: January 11, 2012 01:19

Not that I don't believe that you saw her, asked her the question and that was her response, I don't believ believe for one second that she genuinely meant it. Especially since she had a solo spot on Monkey Man. Sounds like she's a good PR girl though pumping the new stuff. They still cared about new stuff then after all.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 11, 2012 01:41

I like this song but it's filler. The problem with latter day Stones is that their standards have lowered and they focus on writing and finishing filler material regardless how good/bad it is. It's almost like they're just so grateful that they came up with ANY song at all they don't care what goes on their records now.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 11, 2012 02:04

virgil
1994 Vegas at the MGM, about an hour and a half after the show two buddies and I were playing black jack and low and behold who sat down to play at our table? Lisa Fisher.

She was very friendly and (Smokin hot as we all know). We asked her what song she liked singing the most at that time and she said hands down I love (I go Wild)

TRUE STORY

Very cool Virgil!! Thanks for sharing that story with us. I was at the craps table right behind you that day but wasn't as lucky as you. Yo seven! peace.

Date: January 11, 2012 02:31

Justin
I like this song but it's filler. The problem with latter day Stones is that their standards have lowered and they focus on writing and finishing filler material regardless how good/bad it is. It's almost like they're just so grateful that they came up with ANY song at all they don't care what goes on their records now.

That's because they used to be a real band and care passionately how good an album was. They were actually artistically influental in the Talyor era. But in reality, they invented being in it only for the money.

They also invented it being acceptable for the public to buy into a band knowing that the two songwriters hate each other. Most people though, aren't sharp enough to know that when this happens, you don't have a cohesive creative functioning band that way. The proof is out there from what they've come up with.

Their albums, good or not, have not been group efforts, but a vanity tug-of-war between Jagger and Richards. And we bought 'em.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: January 11, 2012 08:15

The writing might be lazy, but live it offers opportunities for fun interplay and interesting musical details. Check out Stockholm 1995:

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 11, 2012 11:28

Fake Stones-by-the-numbers. There's just nothing real about this track. It's written because another Stones rocker was needed, and it just doesn't work at all. Terrible bass as well.

Mathijs

Date: January 11, 2012 11:30

The raggedy doll-verse is funny and rhythmically cool. The rest is a throwaway, imo.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 11, 2012 12:29

DandelionPowderman
The raggedy doll-verse is funny and rhythmically cool. The rest is a throwaway, imo.

throwaway but charming

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 11, 2012 12:39

DandelionPowderman
The raggedy doll-verse is funny and rhythmically cool.

... it's a raggedy dog, isn't it?

Date: January 11, 2012 12:46

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

You're so right, with sssoul! Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: January 11, 2012 13:11

Bärs
The writing might be lazy, but live it offers opportunities for fun interplay and interesting musical details. Check out Stockholm 1995:

For me, everything about that clip is just horrible - weedy, thin guitars, Jagger's annoying voice, grating backing vocals, and a flat, lifeless song.

I Go Wild is easily amongst their 10 worst songs, top 5, even.

Date: January 11, 2012 13:15

WorriedAboutYou
Bärs

For me, everything about that clip is just horrible - weedy, thin guitars, Jagger's annoying voice, grating backing vocals, and a flat, lifeless song.

I Go Wild is easily amongst their 10 worst songs, top 5, even.

Darryl on back up-vocals!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 11, 2012 13:19

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

ohh i'm so glad, Dandelion P!
you had me worried for a while there - i've always found that raggedy dog charming
and if it turned into a doll after all these years i'd have to take my charmedness elsewhere :E

Date: January 11, 2012 13:21

with sssoul
DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
DandelionPowderman

ohh i'm so glad, Dandelion P!
you had me worried for a while there - i've always found that raggedy dog charming
and if it turned into a doll after all these years i'd have to take my charmedness elsewhere :E

LOL! Yeah, I must have unwillingly travelled to Aerosmith-land subconsciously winking smiley

(Rag Doll)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home