Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sneaking Into Stones Concert With Some Inside Help
Date: January 6, 2012 13:52

If your prepared to lay low for a wee while sneaking into concerts isn't as hard as some people might think.With some inside help a few mates pulled off the ultimate of concerts to sneak into..The Stones on their last tour

Re: Sneaking Into Stones Concert With Some Inside Help
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 6, 2012 13:54

Tell us how you did it, StreetKid !

Date: January 6, 2012 14:19

Edith Grove
Tell us how you did it, StreetKid !
I must admit it wasn't the most glamorous of jobs to be seen doing..but they made out they were Toilet Cleaners.People and Security usually don't like to get into conversation with Toilet Cleaners and they certainly don't question them on their work.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 6, 2012 14:52

Calling themselves Lavatory Sanitation Engineers might get them more respect.

Date: January 6, 2012 15:00

Then when the concert starts you just down tools..get yourself into ya' cool threads and just wander about the place.Its not exactly Mission Impossible

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 6, 2012 16:36

It’s a Dirty Commute in the U.K.

BY PHILIP VICTOR, ABC News London

Mom always did tell us to wash our hands before we ate dinner when we were young, but apparently she should have been scolding us well into our adult years to rinse up after using the john. A new study by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has found that 28 percent of U.K. commuters carried fecal matter on their hands, most likely resulting from a lack of proper hand washing. More than 400 people were tested in the study that spanned the U.K. cities of London, Cardiff, Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle. Dr. Valerie Curtis, director of the Hygiene Center, at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, told ABC News that she was “flabbergasted” by the high percentage of contaminations and that she was expecting the results to perhaps be closer to 5 percent. The study, which coincided with Global Handwashing Day, was carried out by trained master’s students at the London School who approached people at major bus stops in the aforementioned cities. Willing participants had their fingers swabbed, and were asked profile questions including their age, sex and occupation. Students also inquired as to what mode of transportation they had used that morning and whether participants had washed their hands before their commute. Results from the study show of 100 people tested in London, 13 had contaminated hands. But the results were much more shocking in the city of Newcastle where 43 of the 98 people tested were found to have fecal matter present on their hands, including 53 percent of men and 30 percent of women. The study also found that people who had used the bus as their mode of transport had higher rates of contamination that those who used the train. Why so many people with fecal bugs on their hands? “People aren’t washing [their hands] regularly enough,” Curtis said. While most individuals would not admit to not washing their hands, the study shows that it happens more often tha n we would like to think. Why don’t people just take a few minutes to rinse up and get squeaky clean? People offer up numerous excuses for not cleani ing their hands. Curtis told ABC News that among the excuses given include “I was in a hurry” and “There was nowhere to put my bag” as well as “The water was too hot or there was no soap.” The practice of washing your hands after using the toilet would seem to be conventional wisdom or common courtesy, and most importantly a matter of hygiene; unfortunately it’s apparently not so conventional to some commuters. Curtis offers the idea that people are “honoring it [hand washing] in principle more than in practice.” The study’s most interesting finding, according to its authors, is that the contamination rates became higher for men the further north the cities were. Curtis says that she was “really puzzled” by this. The results showed that female hygiene violators were equally dispersed across the United Kingdom. One thing is for sure though; the results of this finding will surely make you think twice about greeting your good commuting friend with that customary handshake. Remember to keep your hand sanitizer with you at all times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-06 16:37 by tatters.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 6, 2012 16:58

Don't forget that even if you do wash your hands after using a public toilet you can safely bet that the handle of the door of the said convinience will contaminated by the people who didn't that went before you.....- I don't touch them preferring to push the door open with my foot or shoulder. If I have to pull it I take hold of the handle right at the bottom or top.
I saw a report once that said the peanuts in a bowl on the bar at a local pub had 16 samples of urine and 8 samples of feces on them..........

About getting into shows...I got into Bob Dylan at Blackbushe in 1978 by pulling back the corregated fence sheeting - In 1976 I used to work as a program seller for Swansea City F.C. at the time The Who played our town,,,thinking it was worth a try I just flashed my 'get in free' football pass at the guy on the turnstile....he not only waved me in but also all my mates too............heh, heh

Date: January 6, 2012 17:02

EddieByword
Don't forget that even if you do wash your hands after using a public toilet you can safely bet that the handle of the door of the said convinience will contaminated by the people who didn't that went before you.....- I don't touch them preferring to push the door open with my foot or shoulder. If I have to pull it I take hold of the handle right at the bottom or top.
I saw a report once that said the peanuts in a bowl on the bar at a local pub had 16 samples of urine and 8 samples of feces on them..........

I would only add that next time any of you guys are in Newcastle, you might want to think twice before you ask anyone for a hand job.

Date: January 6, 2012 17:44

tatters
EddieByword

I would only add that next time any of you guys are in Newcastle, you might want to think twice before you ask anyone for a hand job.

LOL...fat chance of that anyway..........."Oh come on baby, wake up...please baby please"..........

A girl lies flat on her back in the snow in the middle of a Newcastle road after celebrating the start of 2010

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-06 17:46 by EddieByword.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: January 6, 2012 18:33

By wearing a black stadium jacket and having a skinhead haircut (they thought I was security)I breezed into the VIP section at a Stones show and stood about 5 feet from Keith for the whole show with acres of space around me while thousands were being crushed on the crash barriers just behind. I also sneaked into a Mcartney gig in the same stadium, when it started pouring with rain they opened the gates to let the umbrella-less masses out and I walked in. When I was 15 I also climbed through a toilet window to get into a Rod Stewart show, to great hilarity a fat buddy got stuck in the window and was caught by security, me and another friend got to the front of the stage and met our history teacher who was not amused that he had paid throuhg the nose while we got in free smiling smiley

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: January 6, 2012 22:11

Sounds like a crappy way to see a concert.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 6, 2012 23:03

I like the legit way to see a free Stones concert...like in 1997 when I showed up at Dodger Stadium and was told my seats didn't exist. The next thing I knew there was a ticketmaster representative who showed up and gave me replacement tickets. I commented that these seats weren't as good as the original seats were supposed to be, and she said that was the best she can do however she is refunding me the cost of the tickets. Free show (except for the parking).grinning smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 6, 2012 23:18

BluzDude
I like the legit way to see a free Stones concert...like in 1997 when I showed up at Dodger Stadium and was told my seats didn't exist. The next thing I knew there was a ticketmaster representative who showed up and gave me replacement tickets. I commented that these seats weren't as good as the original seats were supposed to be, and she said that was the best she can do however she is refunding me the cost of the tickets. Free show (except for the parking).grinning smiley

I had a similar experience in LA , our tickets were 17th row but non-existant after the lighting scaffords has been set up. The lady we were referred to was standing at stage right with a handful of tickets. The two she gave us were in the second row. right in the center. We looked the part of a rock and roll couple and after seeing others get tickets from her in a way different section, we thought it was done on purpose that way to get a good crowd right up front for the boys to feed back on. The liability for the promoters in that case probably go beyond the cost of a couple of tickets so I think you were duped Bluzdude. peace.

Date: January 6, 2012 23:27

EddieByword
tatters
EddieByword

LOL...fat chance of that anyway..........."Oh come on baby, wake up...please baby please"..........

A girl lies flat on her back in the snow in the middle of a Newcastle road after celebrating the start of 2010

I may be a bit out of touch here but those club goers in Newcastle look like hookers to me. Are chicks really dressing so slutty in England these days? Yikes, time to pay a visit to the old country to find out for myself, sans the handjob though although it looks like that is certainly on the menu....peace.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 6, 2012 23:44

Freddie and JC!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 6, 2012 23:55

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 00:11 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 7, 2012 00:02

Naturalust
EddieByword
tatters
EddieByword

I may be a bit out of touch here but those club goers in Newcastle look like hookers to me. Are chicks really dressing so slutty in England these days? Yikes, time to pay a visit to the old country to find out for myself, sans the handjob though although it looks like that is certainly on the menu....peace.

Nah she's a nice girl....
these are not even the hookers (harpooners maybe and they're coming to get cha!!!.)

Survival of the fittest: Some girls claim Geordie men (a bloke from Newcastle) don’t make passes at people who wear clothes

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 03:01 by EddieByword.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 7, 2012 00:02

Naturalust
BluzDude

I had a similar experience in LA , our tickets were 17th row but non-existant after the lighting scaffords has been set up. The lady we were referred to was standing at stage right with a handful of tickets. The two she gave us were in the second row. right in the center. We looked the part of a rock and roll couple and after seeing others get tickets from her in a way different section, we thought it was done on purpose that way to get a good crowd right up front for the boys to feed back on. The liability for the promoters in that case probably go beyond the cost of a couple of tickets so I think you were duped Bluzdude. peace.

Probably so, today I would have fought for it, but in all fairness I really don't know where those seats were. They were not on any seating chart. The section didn't exist. But you are right, if I would have caused a scene I most likely would have ended up with better seats.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 7, 2012 00:54

BluzDude

At the Garden in '75, we arrived at our nose-bleed seats to find spotlights installed in the row. We went to an usher and he said "You just won the booby prize!" He took us to an elevator which brought us to the main level and he then walked us directly past the Lotus Stage, which I was gawking at, in a state of disbelief. There were some people milling about in front of the stage and I nudged one short, balding guy out of the way with a curt "S'cuse me, Buddy!". He politely said, "Sure!" and when I looked back I saw it was Charlie Watts! Standing next to him was Ollie Brown. The usher led us to the backstage entrance and told us to wait there. I looked to my right and Mick Jagger was standing right next to me, checking out the stage. (For the record, I'm 5'10" and we were the same height). A security guy came out with a stack of tickets and led us to our seats, right next to the stage! During the show, I looked back to the spotlight that was our original location and smiled smugly. Great night, great memory.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 7, 2012 01:11

StreetKidStonesRule
If your prepared to lay low for a wee while sneaking into concerts isn't as hard as some people might think.With some inside help a few mates pulled off the ultimate of concerts to sneak into..The Stones on their last tour

My best experience of this type was at the Capitol Theater in New Jersey in '78. My friend had made photocopies of his ticket, glued both sides together and they looked and felt pretty authentic. (No bar codes in those days.) Unfortunately it was a very warm June day and the glue got soft when I had the ticket in my pocket on the ride to the show. We got on line and I watched several of my friends get waved right in with their phony tickets, so I was optimistic that I'd get in also. But the guy who took my ticket felt it, looked at it closely and said "Go stand over there!" and nodded to the guards who grabbed me and pulled me off to the side. He called to a short, stocky guy who had been watching the crowd file in - "John! We have a fake one!" The short guy was John Scher, the promoter, who ran over, shoved me against the wall and said "Where did you get this?" Thinking fast, I said, "I bought it off some guy a few blocks away. I thought it was real." He called someone over, who turned out to be an off-duty cop working security and said, "Show him the guy!" So for the next 45 minutes I walked around the theater area, looking for the non-existant scalper. During that time, I chatted the cop up, and told him how disappointed I was that his security detail allowed someone like me to get ripped off. After a while he said, "Let me see what I can do." He told me to wait by the stage door and come back. Finally, he took me to the guard at the door and said "We just came from the stationhouse. This kid got his ticket stolen at knifepoint. Can we let him in and try to find the guy?" The guard waived me in and once inside the cop said "Enjoy the show!" I walked in, saw my friends, who were shocked to see me, high-fives all around, the lights went down, the first notes of "Let It Rock" crashed out of Keith's amp, a memory was born. I also was standing by the soundboard when someone snatched the tape during "Street Fighting Man", and have several versions of the show as mementos.

Date: January 7, 2012 01:44

Date: January 7, 2012 01:45

Gun to my head, I'd do the chubby little sailor on the left .... but only after she washed her hands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 01:49 by tatters.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2012 01:48

Gun to my head, I'd do the chubby little sailor on the left.

.....nuffin' a lil' muffler-putty wouldn't fix

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 7, 2012 02:22

My son decided a couple of days before a Stones show at the United Center that he wanted to see thems. I ordered two tickets diagonally behind the stage, in the middle level. When I got to the ticket window to pick them up, the clerk said to wait a minute, and went to the back room. Five minutes later he said there was a problem,and offered us two tickets on the lower level, center court, 10 rows back. I accepted.

As it turned out, I had a friend in the same behind-the-stage section, so I don't know what the problem was. My son was 12 then,and much smaller than his current 6 feet -- so he might have been better off on the second level looking down, and not trying to look through the crowd on the lower level. But I was very happy.

My son did think for a while that when you go to the ticket window, something good always happens. He's learned more since then.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: January 7, 2012 03:03

I sneaked into the Nic Ben Con at the Forum in '73. Not a nice thing to do at a benefit concert, I know, but...Oh well. I sat behind the stage on Taylor's side. I lived in Inglewood and we used to get into the Forum regularly. I know a guy who sneaked in, left, then sneaked back in again the same night. In '70 I walked into the 7th game of the NBA Finals (Bill Russell's last game) without breaking stride and without a ticket. I went to a specific spot and waited for a friend to arrive from Santa Barbara. He made it in too, without a ticket. We had various ways.

Date: January 7, 2012 03:35

Talking of sneaking in...one of the first Stones/related things I ever saw was 'Performance' before I'd even heard the Stones on record....I was 13 in an army boarding school....they had a film society for the 16-18 year olds - 6th formers in those days - anyway being only 13 I wasn't allowed to see it...so me and a few mates arranged with an older friend to let us in the fire exits at the back of the stage....so in we went and watched the whole thing in reverse...not that it made any difference except the odd occaision there was any writing which was then backwards so.......also saw The Exorcist, Straw Dogs and the Wicker man like this..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 03:43 by EddieByword.

Date: January 7, 2012 03:42

tatters
Gun to my head, I'd do the chubby little sailor on the left .... but only after she washed her hands.

Gun to your head and she'd be doing you big boy, dirty hands and all! peace.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 7, 2012 08:41

Being a crow I never pay. Just fly in and perch myself on the flagpole.

Date: January 7, 2012 13:25

Concerts that have a general admission area and where your tickets are checked once manually I still think if your confident enough once you get pass that first check your as good as in.Theres always someone whose holding up the line and while the person who checks the tickets is being distracted by fans fussing about thats when you make your move.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 8, 2012 02:58

Ke$ha said she snuck into a Stones Hollywood Bowl concert, but didn't say how. (This was, of course, before she was famous. And before she sang lines like, "Now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger/But we kick ‘em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger." )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-08 02:59 by Title5Take1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home