Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I Dare Anyone to Come Up With a Stones-Related Topic That Has Not Already Been Covered Either Directly or Indirectly
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 28, 2011 17:14

I enjoy sharing ideas and opinions on this message board. It is increasingly difficult to come up with a new idea that has not already been discussed to death. Let me think_ Jagger's lips, plastic surgery, arthritis, brain damage, the decline of the Stones since the seventies, the resurgence of disco music. No, I remember having read about these topics.

This is a challenge. Make up a new topic and let others decide if this topic has already been discussed on iorr.org. If you decide to challenge someone, it would help if you could provide proof.

Re: I Dare Anyone to Come Up With a Stones-Related Topic That Has Not Already Been Covered Either Directly or Indirectly
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 28, 2011 18:06

which stones album played backward at 3 in the morning on a thursday sounds most like a kraftwerk record played at 78rpm?

if this topic has been covered already, it's probably been at least a couple of years....

Re: I Dare Anyone to Come Up With a Stones-Related Topic That Has Not Already Been Covered Either Directly or Indirectly
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 28, 2011 18:20

Which members (literally) of the stones present or past, are/were circumsised?
grinning smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 28, 2011 18:23

crumbling_mice
grinning smiley

Please, not the todger discussion again.

Date: December 28, 2011 18:30

crumbling_mice
grinning smiley

it was discussed, but was cut short by bv...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 18:42

There are some things Stones related that are shockingly under-commented on. No one seemed to give a sh#t that the TATTOO YOU saxophonist, Sonny Rollins, was awarded last night on national TV at the Kennedy Center Honors. But a Kardashian thread gets endless responses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-28 18:42 by Title5Take1.

Date: December 28, 2011 18:44

Title5Take1
There are some things Stones related that are shockingly under-commented on. No one seemed to give a sh#t that the TATTOO YOU saxophonist, Sonny Rollins, was awarded last night on national TV at the Kennedy Center Honors.

perhaps you'd care to comment on this some, then. the floor is all yours.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 28, 2011 19:03

"This is a challenge. Make up a new topic and let others decide if this topic has already been discussed on iorr.org."

After you fliflam...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 28, 2011 19:10

OK. I'll bite. There has been much discussion of The Stones and their guitars on this board but I have yet to see any discussion on the lack of tribute models issued either by Gibson of Fender for either Keith, Ronnie, Mick Taylor. Brian Jones, or Mick Jagger. Both of these venerable guitar makers have issued tribute models to all manner of famous musicians and non-musicians but never one for a Rolling Stone. With this in mind, what you like to see Gibson or Fender (or any other guitar maker) issue as a tribute model to any of the Stone's guitarists?

If anyone can state with certainty that this topic has never been broached, then I will start a thread on it...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 28, 2011 19:44

StonesTod
crumbling_mice
grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: December 28, 2011 20:47

Where is Chrissie Shrimpton now?

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 28, 2011 21:36

This is just a nothing post, so I warn you, nothing earthshattering here but Brian's shoes on the inside photos of Through the past darkly, the pose and especially those white shoes always looked a bit odd to me, trainers? tennis shoes? leather? I don't know BUT OF COURSE, this doesn't matter in the slightest bit, always looked a bit odd to me.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 28, 2011 21:37

beatles vs. stones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 28, 2011 21:47

Charlies drums! Anybody talking about the brand, the size the material and such like they talk about all the guitars? peace.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 28, 2011 22:55

A lot of the topics posted here regarding the new releases and theorizing on what's going to be released qualify as new topics.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 23:34

flilflam
I enjoy sharing ideas and opinions on this message board. It is increasingly difficult to come up with a new idea that has not already been discussed to death. Let me think_ Jagger's lips, plastic surgery, arthritis, brain damage, the decline of the Stones since the seventies, the resurgence of disco music. No, I remember having read about these topics.

This is a challenge. Make up a new topic and let others decide if this topic has already been discussed on iorr.org. If you decide to challenge someone, it would help if you could provide proof.

I'm fairly new here but I can already see what sort of things get the most attention. One thing that's only been touched on delicately in books, magazines, etc that I'd love more "inside information" about is what went on at the meetings prior to the Steel Wheels Tour. How I would love to have been a fly on the wall at that time. Most of us could conclude that it was at Jagger's insistence that the tour be "pro." This was the first tour to see the Stones attempt to recreate studio arrangements rather than just figure out how to bash out guitar driven versions as they'd always done. Also the first tour where open-ended jamming that didn't stop until Keith felt like it were gone. Everything was planned and precise. The addition of horns and backup singers to replicate the records. Even using click tracks to perform at the same tempo as the records. I am sure keith must have been vehemently opposed to much if not all of this. I suspect he feared restarting WWIII and losing the chance to get the Stones rolling again if he didn't let Mick have his way. I can't help but wonder what the discussions were like. How much did they fight over these things? I would love it if anyone with more detailed information had anything to share.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 28, 2011 23:37

How many Masonic meetings did Mick have to attend before he got his knighthood?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 28, 2011 23:38

I just did...
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 23:44

ChrisM
OK. I'll bite. There has been much discussion of The Stones and their guitars on this board but I have yet to see any discussion on the lack of tribute models issued either by Gibson of Fender for either Keith, Ronnie, Mick Taylor. Brian Jones, or Mick Jagger. Both of these venerable guitar makers have issued tribute models to all manner of famous musicians and non-musicians but never one for a Rolling Stone. With this in mind, what you like to see Gibson or Fender (or any other guitar maker) issue as a tribute model to any of the Stone's guitarists?

If anyone can state with certainty that this topic has never been broached, then I will start a thread on it...

As a guitarist, unless I just haven't been paying attention to new products, I'm suprised Fender hasn't issued a Keith Richards signature telecaster, given Keith's penchant for using teles. They could make two versions; a regular six string and a five string especially for open tunings as keith takes the bottom string off of guitars he uses for open G as the 5th string is the root note of the open chord. I believe Keith has had some guitars custom made for him with only five strings. Of course the signature models would be equipped with whatever types of pickups and other modifications Keith has had done to his own guitars....And as a companion product, how about a Keith Richards amp with various pre-sets that replicate the sound of certain classic songs. Press a button - instant Honky Tonk Women tone. If I had money I'd buy these products. Alas, along with many of my fellow Americans, I am currently laid off and scraping by. Our economy sucks. What can a poor boy do?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 23:49

crumbling_mice
StonesTod
crumbling_mice
grinning smiley

smileys with beer

Great comeback StonesTod !

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 29, 2011 00:59

If Kim Kardashian were around 40 years ago, would she have tried to hook up with a Beatle or a Rolling Stone? And, if so, which one?

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 29, 2011 02:36

OK, here is a picture of Mick Jagger's foot.

[www.google.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 29, 2011 02:42

I was hoping it was his sole.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 29, 2011 03:05

I never remember talking about who's better--wood or Taylor?

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 29, 2011 03:08

I believe it was his soul?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 29, 2011 03:46

StonesTod
crumbling_mice
grinning smiley

Which members' members were cut short? Is that the question?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 29, 2011 04:32

MY QUESTION What is the favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner of the Stones?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 29, 2011 05:23

have we discussed Mick's wig ?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 29, 2011 07:33

How many chicks Bill Wyman banged in 1966? lol

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 29, 2011 09:16

How about a plan for all Stones maniacs getting a chance at tickets for special or club show gigs?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home