Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some old words of Lemmy about stones
Date: December 16, 2011 14:20

E.C.: The Stones and the Beach Boys are still at it. And some of the 70's bands like AC/DC have never really slowed down.

Lemmy: AC/DC is the only good one out of the three you just mentioned. And the Stones are all tapes now. And so are the Beach Boys. They keep trying to get Brian Wilson on the road and he's just like barmy. What are you gonna do, he's a loony?

E.C.: Is there an age where a band is too old to play rock and roll?

Lemmy: I saw Chuck Berry when he was 66 and he seemed just fine to me!

E.C.: Can we expect Motorhead to make it well into their 4th decade as a band, like the Rolling Stones have done?

Lemmy: Yep, we're in our third now & I don't think we'll be far into our 4th decade, I mean if you're the size of the Stones you can afford to do it. Cause you can buy all the stuff that makes you sound better.

E.C.: Well, the Stones haven't had a good album since the 70's, but they keep breaking records in gross receipts from concert tours..

Lemmy: Well, cause people want to see if Keith will die on stage (deadpans). That's why you used to go see Johnny Thunders, to see if he'll walk into the orchestra pit again.

Re: Some old words of Lemmy about stones
Date: December 16, 2011 14:22

Sorry I forgot to quote

[www.earcandymag.com]

I do not agree by the way with Lemmy.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 14:45

Funnily enough I remember buying Lemmy a pint at a Johnny Thunders gig at Dingwalls back in the 80`s. I recall that Lemmy didnt take any notice of the gig he played on a Tetris machine for most of the show smiling smiley

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: December 16, 2011 16:27

Lemmy seemed to be addicted to fruit machines, pinball etc. Used to see him quite often in a pub down the Portobello Road in the early 80's. Always on the pinball. Never plucked up the courage to speak to him though, sort of got the impression he wanted to be left alone, god forbid if i caused him to tilt.

andy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home