Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

you win again
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 14, 2011 01:19

i have a question about this song.i've had the bootleg of keith singing the old hank classic for years but on the new some girls its a duet with mick.

did jagger add vocals to the original keith song or is it a different outtake that i've never heard before?

Re: you win again
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 14, 2011 01:23

what you had on the old boot wasn't this same track...this was on another old boot...and for this one, mickie redid the vocals

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 14, 2011 01:29

so it was a duet originally but mick redid his vocals for the some girls release? how about keiths?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 14, 2011 02:36

yes, he redid keith's vocals too.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2011 02:40

Keith's was a solo recording from 2001, released later that year on 'Timeless', a Hank Williams Tribute CD.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 14, 2011 08:35

StonesTod
what you had on the old boot wasn't this same track...this was on another old boot...and for this one, mickie redid the vocals

Sounds like you have two old boots. Do you know a good cobbler?

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 14, 2011 09:23

I have a version of this tune with MJ at lead and KR doing harmonies; this new version is all jagger's voice (big mistake!!, i miss KR's harmonies)

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 14, 2011 10:14

KeithNacho
I have a version of this tune with MJ at lead and KR doing harmonies; this new version is all jagger's voice (big mistake!!, i miss KR's harmonies)

But..on this new version Keith does harmony vocals, freshly recorded in 2011.

Mathijs

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 14, 2011 16:29

Keith's voice is much more suited for country music, he really is a natural IMHO. As good as this version is on the new Some Girls,Mick still has a hint of that "mocking" country voice....too bad they didn't release it with Keith's voice.....Keith could of made it BIG in country music if he did a solo country album... I just know it!!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 14, 2011 16:47

Mathijs
KeithNacho

But..on this new version Keith does harmony vocals, freshly recorded in 2011.

Mathijs

Yes he does but he is way less audible than on the outtake version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home