Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

(OT?) Christmas CDs
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 11, 2011 14:21

I like especially the 1st track! winking smiley

Re: (OT?) Christmas CDs
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 11, 2011 14:38

Possibly the first time this KR song is made available on CD...

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 11, 2011 15:55

it was released 2008,tried to buy it then ,but it took forever to get delivered,that I had to cancel as it would not have arrived in time for Christmas.
It was mentioned in another thread recently and I thought I would give it another try,that was a few days ago but it's not here yet,hopefully it will get here this year.
I still have the original vinyl single of Run Run Rudolf somewhere

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 11, 2011 16:42

I don't have this CD, but I've already got some of the tracks. I like the Rufus Thomas song, and Clarence Carter's "Back Door Santa" is a classic.

But "Run Rudolph Run" doesn't really do much for me, by anybody. Of the versions I've got, by Chuck, Keith, Dave Edmunds, and The Smithereens all are a little... flat.

It's the song itself. Nothing warm sort or particularly Christmas-y about it. It doesn't have the verve of funny, subversive holiday songs. You've got a little of that postwar "Santa Claus goes modern" stuff with references to freeways and Phantom jets, but that theme isn't developed. As a rocker, it just chugs along and is sort of listless, compared to the dynamics of Elvis' "Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me" or George Thorogood's "Rock n Roll Christmas," both of which can really stir things up.

I bought Keith's record when it came out, and at the time it got almost-zero airplay. From the start it was practically an underground release. Being obscure and hard-to-get has done wonders for it's reputation. Certainly it has a cult of fans here, and it amazes me that people will call it their favorite Christmas song ever. To my ears, it really ain't that good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-11 21:30 by loog droog.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 11, 2011 19:27

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 11, 2011 19:56

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-12 10:45 by midnrambler.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: December 11, 2011 19:59

Borrowed a library CD here called "Bachelor Pad Christmas". Fine gin-soaked tunes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2011 22:23

TheDailyBuzzherd
Borrowed a library CD here called "Bachelor Pad Christmas". Fine gin-soaked tunes.

I have something called Bachelor Pad Royale...probably from the same producers.

Great cd...waht tracks does the Christmas CD have?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2011 22:41

treaclefingers
TheDailyBuzzherd

I have something called Bachelor Pad Royale...probably from the same producers.

Great cd...waht tracks does the Christmas CD have?

collect the whole ultra lounge series...probably my single favorite collection of music ever...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 11, 2011 23:05

Yeah , I have burn some..my best is a compilation with Elvis Christmas albums...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 12, 2011 02:05

Come On
Yeah , I have burn some..my best is a compilation with Elvis Christmas albums...grinning smiley

His is definitely a high point in Christmas albums...just heard on the radio that it continues to be the biggest selling Christmas album of all time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home