Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards Reveals Ancient Rolling Stones Battle Strategy!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 22, 2011 21:00

"Nothing is supposed to be clear. It's intended to be murky so you don't know what the hell's going on until we let you know".

I think Mick referred to them as "tactics" on the Larry King Show in May of 2010.

Once you understand your Rolling Stones that's when the real fun begins! Mick and Keith have produced the greatest soap opera on the planet! It's better than General Hospital and All My Children rolled into one! Can't You Hear Me Knocking? No, it's more like: Can't You See Me Winking!smoking smiley

Re: Keith Richards Reveals Ancient Rolling Stones Battle Strategy!
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 22, 2011 21:38

stonescrow
"Nothing is supposed to be clear. It's intended to be murky so you don't know what the hell's going on until we let you know".

I think Mick referred to them as "tactics" on the Larry King Show in May of 2010.

Once you understand your Rolling Stones that's when the real fun begins! Mick and Keith have produced the greatest soap opera on the planet! It's better than General Hospital and All My Children rolled into one! Can't You Hear Me Knocking? No, it's more like: Can't You See Me Winking!smoking smiley

Obviously designed to get everybody whose even marginally interested to start wondering/talking and generating snowball of interest.....and publicity.............

We should refuse to be manipulated and retaliate by refraining from posting anything speculative or desirous of anything regarding a new album/tour/50th celebration and just post on threads like 'Favourite video'/'What are you listening to right now' and 'What's your favourite cheese'..etc.............that'll teach 'em to play with our loyalty.............>grinning smiley<

Date: November 22, 2011 21:46

EddieByword
stonescrow

Obviously designed to get everybody whose even marginally interested to start wondering/talking and generating snowball of interest.....and publicity.............

We should refuse to be manipulated and retaliate by refraining from posting anything speculative or desirous of anything regarding a new album/tour/50th celebration and just post on threads like 'Favourite video'/'What are you listening to right now' and 'What's your favourite cheese'..etc.............that'll teach 'em to play with our loyalty.............>grinning smiley<

They expect us hardcores to know that they are just taking the media on a bit of a roller coaster ride. It's part of being a true Rolling Stone. It's just for our entertainment. I love it!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 22, 2011 22:03

stonescrow, does your television speak to you even when it's not on? tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 22, 2011 22:03

Just try and picture Don Knotts (as Deputy Barney Fife) on the set of the Andy Griffith Show acting out one of his tantrums. It was just an act. Jim Neighbors (Gomer Pyle) said he could rarely keep a straight face while Knotts was doing his routine. He used to request that the camera be off him when Knotts was doing his thing because he couldn't keep from busting a gut. Once you understand that the Stones are more than just great musicians, and are also master entertainers then you can sit back and enjoy the show without taking everything so literally. This Mick and Keith thing is scripted for the most part. If it was truly real there is no way they could have lasted 50 years together making music. They are gonna make music again, soon.

Date: November 22, 2011 22:14

GumbootCloggeroo
stonescrow, does your television speak to you even when it's not on? tongue sticking out smiley

Please be specific. What is it that you don't agree with here? Be glad to discuss it with you, but I need more specifics.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 22, 2011 22:43

I'll tell you one thing, they did a masterful left field move with releasing the Brussels download. N O B O D Y saw that coming. It's not just fifty years of making music, it's fifty years of dealing with the jag offs in the press.

Date: November 23, 2011 08:33

24FPS
I'll tell you one thing, they did a masterful left field move with releasing the Brussels download. N O B O D Y saw that coming. It's not just fifty years of making music, it's fifty years of dealing with the jag offs in the press.

Absolutely. Excellent observation.

Date: November 23, 2011 12:40

You got to hand it to the old guys: they are slick. I don't know how often I have looked back thru the years, and said to myself" they were right again!"
So, now with the age of the Net, and instant boots and the Tube, instant news, worldwide cynicism etc. we feel like we know everything. That we know our guys better than they do themselves.
And they just pulled a big one off with virtually no advance knowledge; nothing. Brussles, Ft Worth 78, 5 more. Keith announcing rehearsals.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 12:48

Yeah, I always think the "rifts" between messers Jagger and Richard are somewhat hyped and overblown. Now I do think the blow up in the 80's was very true and came close to breaking up the band. But the recent stuff is all staging and hoopla to sell their image. Nothing sells better than a fight... at the end of the day these old soldiers have been through the ringer together and know their destinies are shared.

Date: November 23, 2011 18:10

Palace Revolution 2000
You got to hand it to the old guys: they are slick. I don't know how often I have looked back thru the years, and said to myself" they were right again!"
So, now with the age of the Net, and instant boots and the Tube, instant news, worldwide cynicism etc. we feel like we know everything. That we know our guys better than they do themselves.
And they just pulled a big one off with virtually no advance knowledge; nothing. Brussles, Ft Worth 78, 5 more. Keith announcing rehearsals.

Excellent comments. It warms my heart to know that there are many of us that "get it".

Date: November 23, 2011 18:12

whitem8
Yeah, I always think the "rifts" between messers Jagger and Richard are somewhat hyped and overblown. Now I do think the blow up in the 80's was very true and came close to breaking up the band. But the recent stuff is all staging and hoopla to sell their image. Nothing sells better than a fight... at the end of the day these old soldiers have been through the ringer together and know their destinies are shared.

You are wise man.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 23, 2011 18:16

the tiny todger scandal seems a tad bit tainted, then.

Date: November 23, 2011 18:23

StonesTod

There is no way Keith would have allowed this in his book without the master script writers permission. The master script writer being Mick, of course.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 23, 2011 18:32

stonescrow
The master script writer being Mick, of course.

Glad you cleared that up.
I always thought it was Jim Henson.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 23, 2011 18:40

stonescrow
StonesTod

There is no way Keith would have allowed this in his book without the master script writers permission. The master script writer being Mick, of course.

and mick has undoubtedly been the mastermind behind ronnie's escapades, correct?

Date: November 24, 2011 00:53

StonesTod
stonescrow
StonesTod

and mick has undoubtedly been the mastermind behind ronnie's escapades, correct?

Ronnie is a good and loyal soldier. His escapades kept the band in the news. Amazingly someone waved a magic wand and Ronnie is all better. Just in time for the 50th anniversary tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home