Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Happy birthday John Lennon, 70!
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: October 9, 2010 12:45

Happy birthday John and thanks, love you!
God bless

Re: Happy birthday John Lennon, 70!
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 9, 2010 13:01

Yes, have a good one, John. Sorry you left us so way too early...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 9, 2010 13:07

Number 9, Number 9, Number9, Number 9....

Date: October 9, 2010 13:25

Happy Birthday JOHN! We Love and Miss You Soo Much!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 9, 2010 13:51

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 9, 2010 14:11

God, 70, just can't believe how old he would have been, wonder if he and Paul would ever have got together again, i think there may have been a chance.

Date: October 9, 2010 14:42

For sure. He would have been a leading voice in The Anthology project. He testified in closed session of court that they had the plans to play together... what would have been is humanity's cruel taunt.

The Double Fantasy stripped is quite interesting. Say what you will but Yoko has released some great stuff from Lennon's vault. The box set looks wonderful as well.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 9, 2010 14:45

in rememberance:

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 9, 2010 15:01

My favourite Lennon picture:

Re: John Lennon
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 9, 2010 15:15

love & light to John - thanks & praises, love & light

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 9, 2010 17:29

I wish he was still with us. I miss him and Had tremendous respect for his true convictions about politics and such he was not just a bag o hot air. I did not often agree with him but he had conviction about what he was doing and what he stood up for.

Pure specualtion but with all of the reunion's in the 1980's would the Beatles have done it? It would have been ineresting to see what would have happened but sadly we will never know.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:25

Happy birthday John

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:34

Keith:

Happy Birthday Winston!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:37

he made some great music - and he's missed.

Happy birthday to my father, too.

Posted by: tumbling phil ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:44

Thank you John.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:52

I have a list of quotes about John after he passed.

Here are a few of interest...

"The first time I worked with John was in 1968, when I played electric piano on Revolution. He was real pleased with the way things went and told me there'd be a lot more sessions he'd be inviting me to. But I didn't see him again until 1971, at his home in Ascot, where he was recording Imagine. I reminded him of his comment and asked why I hadn't been invited to any more sessions. "Well Nick," he said, "we thought you were too involved with the Stones, and we were afraid to ask." If only I'd known that was the reason! Later that year, John and Yoko invited my wife and me to his birthday party. It was in Syracuse, New York, where Yoko's "This is not Here" art exhibition was being held, and John flew us there and back to California. He gave everybody silver zodiac necklaces, even though it was his birthday." - Nicky Hopkins

"I first met John in March 1963, when the Beatles came down to see the Stones play in this dingy club called the Station Hotel in Richmond. They stood in line in their little leather coats and later came back to the flat; we stayed up all night talking about music and became good friends. John knew where he was going, and was very strong; he really got it together: Very determined." - Bill Wyman

"I liked John a lot. He was the one I really got on with the most. We weren't buddy-buddies, but we were always friendly. But after the Beatles and the Stones stopped playing clubs, we didn't see each other that much until he separated from Yoko, around 1974. We got really friendly again. And when he went back with Yoko, he went into hibernation ... when I went to visit someone in the Dakota, I'd leave him a note saying: 'I live next door: I know you don't want to see anyone, but if you do, please call.' He never did." - Mick Jagger

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:52

Great lost............but I don't think he still would play live at age of 70

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 9, 2010 23:34

NICOS
but I don't think he still would play live at age of 70

You're probably right. He played live only a handful of times after the age of 25.

Date: October 10, 2010 01:38

tatters
NICOS

You're probably right. He played live only a handful of times after the age of 25.
Well McCartney is 68 and still playing live. So you never know.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 10, 2010 01:41

Wow , what a coincidence , just as I went to the top of the forum "Julia " started playing on the radio .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 10, 2010 01:54

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
NICOS

Yes but John isn't Paul..............

The reason that I have this feeling is that when I see John playing live he looks a bit boring and it looks like he hate to play songs from the past

Date: October 10, 2010 02:20

NICOS
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
NICOS

The reason that I have this feeling is that when I see John playing live he looks a bit boring and it looks like he hate to play songs from the past
That was 40 years ago. No way to tell how he would of felt if had lived. I think being a musician he would have wanted to continue to play music in some form.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 10, 2010 03:37

John's death put a huge hole in my heart. I miss him very much and wonder what his music would have sounded like today.. I can hardly contain the anger I feel, the way we were all cheated by his leaving us...in such a horrific way. The original Teddy Boy, the poet, the activist/pacifist, the one Nixon hated( quite an achievement in itself), the thinker, the little abandoned boy who never got over the losses of his childhood....and so much more. Rest in peace for eternity, John and I hope they're having one Hell of a party in heaven for you today, even though you didn't believe in heaven. I bet he got one huge surprise once he left this world!!

Date: October 10, 2010 06:25

Another great Lennon tune

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 10, 2010 06:34

I interviewed Bob Gruen about John this week--

[www.gnn.com]

Date: October 10, 2010 07:08

VERY COOL hbwriter! Wonderful!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 10, 2010 07:17

tatters
NICOS

My recollection is that he was talking about getting back on the road right before he died. So who knows?

I'm guessing that the political shift to the right in his new adopted home in the years since his passing would have produced some serious righteous bile. Imagine Lennon writing about the misdeeds of Reagan, the Bushes, and evil puppetmaster Dick Cheney! I can only hope that it would have been a tad less hamfisted than Sometime in New York City, but a lot less polished than Walls and Bridges or Mind Games.

Date: October 10, 2010 07:19

yeah he was planning to tour and said he wanted to redo some of his older stuff...that he felt was never done properly, I am sure Across the Universe and Help would have been in the setlist...

Date: October 12, 2010 17:08

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
NICOS

Yeah, but Paul was always the Beatles who most enjoyed live performance, the one who was still trying to get them back on the road even when they were about to break up. John and George never liked playing live. It's doubtful Lennon ever would have been comfortable with it. If someone is reclusive when they're young, they don't get less reclusive as they get older. They get more reclusive as they get older.

Date: October 12, 2010 17:14

sweetcharmedlife
NICOS
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
NICOS

That was 40 years ago. No way to tell how he would of felt if had lived. I think being a musician he would have wanted to continue to play music in some form.

Oh, he certainly would have continued to play music. Just not in front of people.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home