Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Bill Wyman Show
Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: November 16, 2011 19:44

Looks like Bill Wyman/Sirius XM is copying the Ronnie Wood Radio Show:

[www.prnewswire.com]

The Sirius press release reads like this:

NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced
today that legendary bassist Bill Wyman will host a three-part music series beginning Thursday, November 17.
The Bill Wyman Show will feature the former Rolling Stones bass player selecting his favorite music and sharing stories about artists he has worked with, as well as the musicians who have inspired him throughout his storied career.
The first episode of The Bill Wyman Show will feature Wyman's favorite electric blues songs, including music by Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Reed, Little Walter and others. The show will debut on B.B. King's Bluesville, channel 70, on Thursday, November 17 at 9:00 pm ET.
The second episode of The Bill Wyman Show will feature Wyman delving into the roots of rock and roll and playing music by artists who first inspired Wyman to make music, such as Fats Domino, Little Richard and Sam Cooke. The second episode will debut on '50s on 5, channel 5, on Monday, November 21 at 12:00 pm ET.
The third episode of The Bill Wyman Show will feature the music of the Rolling Stones and their contemporaries from the early 1960s. This episode will air later in the year on Little Steven's Underground Garage, channel 21.
"I hope that the listeners of SiriusXM have as much fun listening to my three shows as I had making them!" said Bill Wyman.
"We're honored to have, exclusively on SiriusXM, an integral part of one of the greatest and most influential rock and roll bands in history to discuss his musical inspirations from blues to jazz to rock and roll," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM.

N

Re: The Bill Wyman Show
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 16, 2011 19:53

I don't think he copied from Woodie's show because Bill did a very cool
special talking about the great Jazz and Blues players from the past for MTV
a few years ago..

This seems to be a extension of that early special...In fact i wonder if this is the same special??

Re: The Bill Wyman Show
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 16, 2011 20:12

Yes Bill. I'll be listen to you. I love Andrew's show too. Kim Fowley is a riot; his show on sirius is just great. Kim is insane and @#$%& entertaining.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home