Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Rolling Stones Vinyl Boxsets to be released in November!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2014 20:34

drbryant
Remember, the prices you are seeing are ASKING prices. I doubt that anyone has actually paid $1000+ for this box. I would sell my box for $1000 with no hesitation.

I've seen them sell for over $900 on ebay, sealed. You're right though, and the ones selling them for over $4000 will never sell.

Having said that, there is a reason why they are list for as high as they are.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 18, 2014 23:11

Really? I am shocked. Last time I checked (maybe a month ago) they were still available from the official Japan Stones online store for about $320. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese and they won't ship outside of Japan.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 19, 2014 00:05

The prices for the few yet available box sets are very interesting: [www.amazon.com] , [www.amazon.ca] , [www.amazon.co.uk] , [www.amazon.fr] , [www.amazon.de] .

Date: May 19, 2014 02:36

drbryant
Really? I am shocked. Last time I checked (maybe a month ago) they were still available from the official Japan Stones online store for about $320. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese and they won't ship outside of Japan.

Maybe that was listed at 3200? I know that Japan has some of the highest prices.

Date: May 19, 2014 19:59

treaclefingers
drbryant

Maybe that was listed at 3200? I know that Japan has some of the highest prices.

BTW Dr.B, I was looking around for more info on this, and noticed you also post to the Steve Hoffman forums...

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

...I wonder though, if why the 60s set sold out, and not the 70s+ set because the 60s stuff, particularly the early stuff, is harder to come by on vinyl, and not as much because of the difference in sound quality?

Date: May 19, 2014 20:55

treaclefingers
drbryant

Still available at the original retail price of 34,000 Yen, or about $340. Probably costs a fortune to ship it from Japan, though.

[store.universal-music.co.jp]

Date: May 19, 2014 20:57

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
drbryant

BTW Dr.B, I was looking around for more info on this, and noticed you also post to the Steve Hoffman forums...

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

...I wonder though, if why the 60s set sold out, and not the 70s+ set because the 60s stuff, particularly the early stuff, is harder to come by on vinyl, and not as much because of the difference in sound quality?

I think it's the sound quality. The later box also has some rare vinyl - Everything post-Voodoo Lounge is hard to find on original vinyl.

Date: May 19, 2014 21:03

drbryant
treaclefingers
treaclefingers
drbryant

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

I think it's the sound quality. The later box also has some rare vinyl - Everything post-Voodoo Lounge is hard to find on original vinyl.

true enough

Date: May 21, 2014 18:20

Irix
The prices for the few yet available box sets are very interesting: [www.amazon.com] , [www.amazon.ca] , [www.amazon.co.uk] , [www.amazon.fr] , [www.amazon.de] .

the French one is interesting 4590 Euros? That's the most I've seen so far.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home