Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Led Zep / The Who in 2011 ?
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 5, 2010 23:16

Led Zep/The Who co-headling next summer ? Puts the stress off of having to do a 2 hour set. Share same managers. hmmmmmm. Daltrey says The Who are going out again in 2011, eventhough he can no longer sing 2 nights in a row or a complete show?

Re: OT: Led Zep / The Who in 2011 ?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 5, 2010 23:34

I think John Paul Jones should refuse this time. He's hotter with Them Crooked Vultures than the others put together.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 6, 2010 00:28

24FPS
I think John Paul Jones should refuse this time. He's hotter with Them Crooked Vultures than the others put together.

No Led Zeppelin tour in 30 years, except for the O2 gig, and you'd rather JPJ not join if there was an opportunity for a new tour??? That's crazy.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 6, 2010 01:27

Roger Daltrey should never get anywhere near a stage ever again.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 6, 2010 01:30

sweetcharmedlife
Roger Daltrey should never get anywhere near a stage ever again.

I have to respectfully disagree on that one, too. Saw him 3x this year, and while not perfect, I look forward to seeing him again. Long Live Rock!!!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 6, 2010 01:41

trainarollin
Led Zep/The Who co-headling next summer ?

Doesn't Deltics' post from the LZ thread officially shut the door on a LZ reunion? Plant clearly has no interest in doing any Zep shows and is very happy with where he is today, musically.

Deltics
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 6, 2010 02:08

24FPS

In 2003 John Paul Jones was the one who did not want to tour. There was some chatter about them doing some shows after "Who the West Was Won" DVD/CD's came out. JPJ was not into it.

He did quite well after Page/Plant did their shows in the 1990's. Record sales were up again and he got some nice royalty checks without having to work.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 6, 2010 05:47

brings bak fond memories of a show 69 ish where zep promoting that first lp opened for the who. outdoor gig d.c. burb in maryland. had full access day and nite front and back off stage and on. friend of fam produced concert and got saddled w me all day. was instructed to introduce self to road mgrs. as they loaded in the gear and lug shit around for them in exchange. hah fughin cha. zep were new. i had heard comm breakdown and knew the lp slightly. and that page was yardbird. . nothing else...tho had been super early who fan. now tommy was breaking huge but they always tops w me had seen em be4. holy moly. i met jim and robert and also pete and roger. . sum real fun with latter two. no roger i dont have any more cigarettes. nneither do i have a fag. anyway...young hungry zep are announced and ...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 6, 2010 06:20

Well, what would a Led Zeppelin tour look and sound like? Would they be like Creams recent gig, moving like they were standing in cement? Led Zeppelin music is high intensity. Arena gigs, maybe, but football stadiums? Like it was 1975? No way. Can Bonham's kid cut it? Maybe it would work for those fans who were too young or not yet born to see LZ live. I saw them early in '70 and their final U.S. tour in '77. There was lightning between Page and Bonham. I could even ignore the bare chested poser singer. Fast forward 33 years? For a group that hasn't done a tour in over 30 years? I can't see this happening. I'll pull out my DVD and see them when they were gods.

Date: October 6, 2010 08:22

02 ahmet thing ROCKED. i was surprised. jimmys still intense. bonhams kid very inspired and very total student of pa. he got master traks isolated wat pa was doing w dedicated analsis. he into it. these kats went comparatively sour live wise by 73 74 but renewed comebak energy way up. playing sensational imo. many thanks to Fred 4 the heads up. great great show. even robert thought so actually.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 6, 2010 11:15

beelboy, can you not type anymore? It's like reading my kids facebook???

Date: October 6, 2010 22:03

ablett
beelboy, can you not type anymore? It's like reading my kids facebook???
u got to bring a frame of reference. god i bet ur kids r very patient w dada. ok. ahmet thing 02. ahmet died he signed zep. to a rekkord deal am i goin 2 fast? zep reunited one nite only and were great. plant sed so and so do i. bonhams kid is the drummer tel u wat never mind...

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: October 7, 2010 07:15

I see Zep going out again. That is a band that hasn't toured in years and would sel out every where despite a lousy global economy. They may even record a CD. Who knows? It is Plants call IMO.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 7, 2010 07:46

24FPS

Crooked Vultures seems to be a one-shot deal. Grohl's back with the Foo Fighters.

Whether or not Zep gets back together would seem to have been Plant's call all along. Jones and Page have only worked intermittently over the last 30 years, while Plant has been good for something every few years. And without Plant, that band can't be Zep. Now that schedules are more aligned, an arena tour of shows along the lines of the O2 Arena show in '07 would make sense.

But forget about touring with the Who: between Daltrey's shattered voice and Townshend's recurrence of hearing problems, the Who would appear to be done.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 7, 2010 16:42

"At one point during Robert Plant's show at the Bowery Ballroom the other night, while he was in the middle of singing the Led Zeppelin song 'Misty Mountain Hop,' he gave his fans just what they had come to hear. With his voice sliding into its upper register, he delivered a quick 'Baby-baby-baby-baby!' The audience, comprising a number of beefy, bespectacled men, replied to the singer's familiar screech with war whoops, followed by rough dance moves and, here and there, air guitars. Onstage, Plant was amused. 'I did it on purpose,' he said afterward. 'Ha-ha! It's a laugh.'

"Standing to Plant's left was the singer songwriter Patty Griffin, forty-six, who harmonized with him. When Plant did his baby-baby-baby-baby thing, she seemed to be enjoying the joke, too. 'I send myself up a little bit,' he said, 'because I know it makes her laugh.'"

-Jim Windolf, The New Yorker, Sept. 27, 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-07 16:56 by tatters.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 7, 2010 17:10

Sometime during the 1990s, when I lived in Manhattan, I was up early one Sunday morning and decided to go out at 6 AM for bagels and coffee. There were these two old guys standing on the corner of 2nd Avenue and 87th street, having a conversation.

"What's your number? I'll give you a call, and one of these days, you and me, we'll go and get us a drink at Jack Dempsey's place"
"Jack Dempsey is dead!"
"No, no. I'm talking about Jack Dempsey's RESTAURANT, over on the west side"
"That was during the war! Fifty years ago! You're dreaming!"

That's going to be us someday, talking about our favorite rock and roll bands. Someday soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-09 02:14 by tatters.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 7, 2010 17:18

ab
24FPS

Crooked Vultures seems to be a one-shot deal. Grohl's back with the Foo Fighters.

Whether or not Zep gets back together would seem to have been Plant's call all along. Jones and Page have only worked intermittently over the last 30 years, while Plant has been good for something every few years. And without Plant, that band can't be Zep. Now that schedules are more aligned, an arena tour of shows along the lines of the O2 Arena show in '07 would make sense.

But forget about touring with the Who: between Daltrey's shattered voice and Townshend's recurrence of hearing problems, the Who would appear to be done.

Apparently Grohl wants to record another album, so no 'one shot deal'.

Date: October 7, 2010 21:41

Yeah...John Paul Jones should stick it up Plants ass and break it off!

That would be the best medicine for all the crap he has put up with.

He should drop out after they all agree and just before they sign for the tour!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 7, 2010 22:03

"u got to bring a frame of reference. god i bet ur kids r very patient w dada. ok. ahmet thing 02. ahmet died he signed zep. to a rekkord deal am i goin 2 fast? zep reunited one nite only and were great. plant sed so and so do i. bonhams kid is the drummer tel u wat never mind..."

Beelboy, what ever your on, don't share it!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home