Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No spare parts vocals...
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: October 21, 2011 16:25

I'm wondering, the vocals on No spare parts does nok sound like the rest of the original Some Girls vocals. Is it new like Plundered my soul?

Re: No spare parts vocals...
Date: October 21, 2011 16:30

Of course, but not as bad as on PMS, imo.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 21, 2011 16:50

it's a mathematical proposition. the modern vocals will sound proportionately better as determined by the era of the song for which he's doing the overdubs. 1972 v. 1978? that's about a 14% improvement if you figure one song is roughly 40 years old and the other about 33 years old. rocknroll is always best analyzed through modern mathematics.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 21, 2011 16:53

NedKelly
I'm wondering, the vocals on No spare parts does nok sound like the rest of the original Some Girls vocals. Is it new like Plundered my soul?

Of course, but not as good as on PMS, imo.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: October 21, 2011 17:02

Are there any new instumental work on it as well?

And how about Claudine? Same thing there?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 21, 2011 17:10

StonesTod
rocknroll is always best analyzed through modern mathematics.

Thank you StonesTod - you're absolutely right, who cares for heart, sould and a good pair of ears as long as there is something like modern mathematics winking smiley

After the deluxe edition of Exile, a month after the release of Superheavy and now that I finally heard "No Spare Parts" I'm really impressed by the exceptional work of Mick Jagger. I'm really looking forward to the release of SG and I won't mind even if Mick re-recorded all the vocals as long as the finished product is as good as the Exile bonus-disc or No Spare Parts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-21 17:10 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 17:35

sweet neo con
NedKelly

Of course, but not as good as on PMS, imo.

+1

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 21, 2011 17:37

I had a quick listen.
Near the end the main voice is the overdub, but I thought some of the background vocals may be from 1978. At some point I thought I heard two jaggers: one from 1978 and one from 2011.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 21, 2011 17:41

Whale
I had a quick listen.
Near the end the main voice is the overdub, but I thought some of the background vocals may be from 1978. At some point I thought I heard two jaggers: one from 1978 and one from 2011.

omg. i knew that they've been making scientific break-thrus with the physical laws of the space and time continuum, but this is really ground-breaking if true.

Date: October 21, 2011 17:53

please refresh my memory...

Did the song that became PLUNDERED MY SOUL have any lyrics or vocals before
Mick added to it before the deluxe release? Or was it an instrumental only?

It was well done and well received.

NO SPARE PARTS is being received well too but the old vs. new vocals is an issue for some.

My point? I don't know...i guess I'm wondering if NO SPARE PARTS is at a disadvantage
because there is something previously recorded to compare it to. Better to judge
the 2011 NO SPARE PARTS on its own merits. Personally I like the 2011 version better.

Last night i finally had a chance to listen to most of the "new" Some Girls songs as they
appeared on bootlegs (& are currently on YouTube) and am very optimistic. Originally was
hoping for a bunch of rockers that mirrored SOME GIRLS '78 but i'm liking the country feel
on many of the "new" songs.

Date: October 21, 2011 17:54

Whale
I had a quick listen.

definitely 2 jaggers...question is whether they are both 2011 jaggers.
my gut feeling is old & new jagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-21 17:58 by sweet neo con.

Date: October 21, 2011 18:12

The first guitar bit sounds a lot like Ronnies sound on the I feel like playing album. Also new?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 21, 2011 18:16

StonesTod
rocknroll is always best analyzed through modern mathematics.

Right on. Let's analyze it to death. smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 21, 2011 18:16

Don't have a clue if the acoustic is old or new.

Sounds like the vocal is new, especially the 'baby' part - way different than the original vocal. Overall though I think it's pretty damn good regardless of the whens.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: October 21, 2011 18:26

This story claims that the vocals aren't new!

[www.musicweek.com]

N

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 21, 2011 18:30

silkcut1978_

After the deluxe edition of Exile, a month after the release of Superheavy and now that I finally heard "No Spare Parts" I'm really impressed by the exceptional work of Mick Jagger. I'm really looking forward to the release of SG and I won't mind even if Mick re-recorded all the vocals as long as the finished product is as good as the Exile bonus-disc or No Spare Parts.

+1
Let's drink to the hard working people

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 21, 2011 18:32

sounds like new vocals to me...

Date: October 21, 2011 19:55

I'm not really analyzing it, or at least not for anything else that I'm curious..... thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home