Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT."Almost Famous Bands" who think they'll Famous
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 16, 2011 23:40

What "Almost famous" Bands and Musicians actually think they'll famous..

Oasis

Re: OT.Almost Famous Bands who thought they were Famous
Date: October 16, 2011 23:42

colonial
What almost famous bands who actually thought they were famous..

Oasis

oasis sold about 10 million album in america in a very short time

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 16, 2011 23:43

Hootie & the Blowfish ?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 16, 2011 23:43

keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

And even more than that elsewhere. Love 'em or hate 'em, they were very successful at their peak.

Re: OT."Almost Famous Bands" who think they'll Famous
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: October 16, 2011 23:59

What do you mean "they'll famous"? You mean "they'll BE famous"?
And Oasis? They are pretty famous worlwide, and were one of the biggest bands of the 90's, whether you like it or not.

Date: October 17, 2011 00:00

stones78
What do you mean "they'll famous"? You mean "they'll BE famous"?
And Oasis? They are pretty famous worlwide, and were one of the biggest bands of the 90's, whether you like it or not.

I must admit I preferred the early 80s line-up though.

Date: October 17, 2011 00:01

Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

And even more than that elsewhere. Love 'em or hate 'em, they were very successful at their peak.
Sleepy City..yea' But thats not Global fame like The Stones..Beatles..U2..Elvis etc. i've never meet an Oasis fan yet

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 00:03

colonial
i've never meet an Oasis fan yet

The true absolute objective sign as to whether a band is famous or not.

Date: October 17, 2011 00:06

colonial
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

Sleepy City..yea' But thats not Global fame like The Stones..Beatles..U2..Elvis etc. i've never meet an Oasis fan yet

looks like oasis was hugely popular in the uk, usa, ireland, sweden, japan and australia

Date: October 17, 2011 00:14

keefriffhard4life
colonial
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

looks like oasis was hugely popular in the uk, usa, ireland, sweden, japan and australia
They might of had some short term success bordering on been famous but thats about it

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 17, 2011 00:18

colonial
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

Last Friday in a small club in Germany I saw a woman running around with an "Alternative Tentacles" shirt...wondered whether I should give Jello Biafra a call to make sure he´s aware being a global player....

Date: October 17, 2011 00:23

colonial
keefriffhard4life
colonial
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

They might of had some short term success bordering on famous

what are you talking about. go look at their chart positions and you'll see they were pretty popular all over the world. oasis hold the record for longest run of top 10 singles in the uk. looks like the had number 1 albums in basically every major country at some point

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2011 00:25

colonial
keefriffhard4life
colonial
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Oasis

They might of had some short term success bordering on been famous but thats about it

They were huge for the entire time that they existed as a recording act which was around 14-15 years.

They sold over 70 million records in that time.

You really DO live on a different planet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-17 00:26 by Gazza.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 17, 2011 00:26

LED ZEPPELIN LOL

Date: October 17, 2011 00:49

Didn't one of the brothers from Oasis say they were bigger than The Beatles..yea' right smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-17 00:51 by colonial.

Date: October 17, 2011 00:50

colonial
Oasis is bigger than The Beatles

They're certainly taller.

Date: October 17, 2011 00:57

colonial
Didn't one of the brothers from Oasis say they were bigger than The Beatles..yea' right smoking smiley

since they hold the record for longest streak of uk top 10 singles i guess in that since they were bigger than the beatles

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 17, 2011 01:04

They might of have had some short term success bordering on been being famous, but that's about it.

Grammar!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 17, 2011 01:04

keefriffhard4life
colonial

since they hold the record for longest streak of uk top 10 singles i guess in that since they were bigger than the beatles

How many did they have? Cliff Richard had 23 UK top 10 hits in a row from 1960 to 1965.

Date: October 17, 2011 01:10

Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

How many did they have? Cliff Richard had 23 UK top 10 hits in a row from 1960 to 1965.

I just checked, Oasis had 22 UK top 10 hits from 'Live Forever' to 'The Shock Of Lightning', one less than Cliff had in the early 60s! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-17 01:11 by Sleepy City.

Date: October 17, 2011 01:50

Sleepy City
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

I just checked, Oasis had 22 UK top 10 hits from 'Live Forever' to 'The Shock Of Lightning', one less than Cliff had in the early 60s! smiling bouncing smiley

yes but the streak for oasis was BAND. cliff is 1 guy

Date: October 17, 2011 02:42

keefriffhard4life
Sleepy City
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Not at the time he wasn't. These records were all by Cliff Richard & The Shadows, just as much a band as Gerry & The Pacemakers or Johnny Kidd & The Pirates.

Date: October 17, 2011 02:54

Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
Sleepy City
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Not at the time he wasn't. These records were all by Cliff Richard & The Shadows, just as much a band as Gerry & The Pacemakers or Johnny Kidd & The Pirates.

i looked it up and they are counting him as a solo artist

Date: October 17, 2011 02:57

keefriffhard4life
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
Sleepy City
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Who are "they"???

Cliff has only really been a solo act since 1967.

Date: October 17, 2011 03:06

Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
Sleepy City
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
colonial

Who are "they"???

Cliff has only really been a solo act since 1967.

the guiness book of world records

Date: October 17, 2011 03:08

keefriffhard4life

They're wrong, at least for the first 8 years of his career they are.

Date: October 17, 2011 03:13

Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life

They're wrong, at least for the first 8 years of his career they are.

no they are correct i looked it up. the shadows were not part of the same recording contract and received no royalties for the studio backing of cliff richards so by industry standards they were nothing more than a group of guys who always backed cliff richards.

Date: October 17, 2011 03:18

Whatever, by your defining standards Cliff Richard (with or without The Shadows) is clearly greater than The Beatles & Oasis. smileys with beer

keefriffhard4life

Date: October 17, 2011 03:21

Sleepy City
Whatever, by your defining standards Cliff Richard (with or without The Shadows) is clearly greater than The Beatles & Oasis. smileys with beer

keefriffhard4life

well thats not the point. we were talking about bands and popularity. cliff richards was never anything over in the states and there are plenty of examples of other hugely famous backing bands that don't get counted in a singles tally. most of bruce springsteen's albums were backed by the e street band yet the singles are credited to bruce. same with thorogood and the destroyers the hit count is credited only to george

Date: October 17, 2011 05:24

I meet a few wannabe Punk band members in Londons, Kings Rd that often reminded me they were famous..smoking smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home