Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Most Memorable Intermission at a Stones Concert
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 10, 2011 09:24

Whats been ya' most memorable intermission at a Stones concert?

Re: Most Memorable Intermission at a Stones Concert
Date: October 10, 2011 09:53

Ronnie's speech in Stockholm 2003. The unintelligible "We're all allowed a bump in road, aren't we", followed by a furious Keith: "Let me know the next time you plan to say something, Ronnie" was just priceless unintentional fun! thumbs up

For you who don't know. Ronnie's car had an accident on the way to the venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 09:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: October 10, 2011 10:00

charlottesville oct.06 th 2005

the " bomb " show

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 10, 2011 10:50

I was at the bomb scare show in Charlottesville, the only Stones show ever with a mid-set intermission.

Jagger started to introduce the backing musicians and then announced that they were had to leave for about "ten minutes." The house lights came on, and bomb-sniffing dogs were on the stage. Time passed, and no one was saying what was going on, though the dogs gave a pretty strong hint. Because the show was in a college football stadium, there was no beer at the concession stands. Eventually, the scoreboard indicated that the show would resume in ten minutes. It was a full hour before the show resumed with Miss You and the b-stage. They left out Keef's songs on that night, but threw in Midnight Rambler and Paint It Black.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 11:31 by ab.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: October 10, 2011 18:34

^Is that one on bootleg somewhere?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 10, 2011 18:43

Stones concerts have intermissions ?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: October 10, 2011 18:44

When the girls brought out giant balloons and threw them in to the audience at Wembley 82.

I expect the best was the wanking roadie Knebworth 76.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 10, 2011 19:45

"The wanking roadie - Knebworth 76"

Would have made a terrific title for a boot lp... >grinning smiley<

Date: October 10, 2011 19:52

Philie'89 when an intoxicated Freddie Sessler tried to change the fuse in the main power generator during Shattered...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 10, 2011 20:25

ab
The house lights came on, and bomb-sniffing dogs were on the stage. Time passed, and no one was saying what was going on, though the dogs gave a pretty strong hint.

My first guess would have been drug-sniffing dogs.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 11, 2011 03:54

ab
I was at the bomb scare show in Charlottesville, the only Stones show ever with a mid-set intermission.

Jagger started to introduce the backing musicians and then announced that they were had to leave for about "ten minutes." The house lights came on, and bomb-sniffing dogs were on the stage. Time passed, and no one was saying what was going on, though the dogs gave a pretty strong hint. Because the show was in a college football stadium, there was no beer at the concession stands. Eventually, the scoreboard indicated that the show would resume in ten minutes. It was a full hour before the show resumed with Miss You and the b-stage. They left out Keef's songs on that night, but threw in Midnight Rambler and Paint It Black.
yep i was here too, like u said, no piss break intermission for keefs songs as usual.

Date: October 11, 2011 04:31

Slick
ab

yep i was here too, like u said, no piss break intermission for keefs songs as usual.
Apart from Keith has any other member of The Stones or their backing band come on while Mick goes backstage?

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: October 11, 2011 04:44

austrianstones
charlottesville oct.06 th 2005

the " bomb " show

Yes I was at that show as well. I live 1 hour away in Richmond. Awesome night. The boot from the show sounds really good too. It rained for a good part off the show. I was on the 30th row and they cleared out about the first 25 rows. So we got to stay there. There were probably 45 - 50,000 there.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: October 11, 2011 04:47

colonial

Stones and Living Colour '89 RFK Stadium

Part I - Go to the beer stand in between acts - I turn around and my girlfriend is gone. So I go back to my seat for the show, but she never shows back up. Wait for her at my car after the show. Nothing. Decide to drive home 15 miles. This is the time before cell phones. Got a surprise visitor in messed up shape.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: October 11, 2011 04:51

dcba
Philie'89 when an intoxicated Freddie Sessler tried to change the fuse in the main power generator during Shattered...

Is that what really happened?

Date: October 11, 2011 05:25

Brue
colonial

Stones and Living Colour '89 RFK Stadium

Part I - Go to the beer stand in between acts - I turn around and my girlfriend is gone. So I go back to my seat for the show, but she never shows back up. Wait for her at my car after the show. Nothing. Decide to drive home 15 miles. This is the time before cell phones. Got a surprise visitor in messed up shape.
Brue..So what happened to ya' girlfriend?

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: October 11, 2011 16:49

It was on this date in 1981 that the Stones played the LA Coliseum.
Quite spontaneously, during the intermission, the crowd starting flinging thousands of paper cups, plates and other misc. junk through the air. The confetti of trash was quite festive and hilarious.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 11, 2011 19:00

Toronto SARSTOCK, 2003: The ninety minutes we had to wait for the Stones to come onstage after AC/DC and turn in a so-so performance compounded with Justin Timberlake. That took some serious balls even by Stones standards.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 11, 2011 19:23

Anaheim #2 in '78 when they had to take stop to sweep the stage of all the shoes that had been thrown up there.

Also, the time Charlie spoke during the intros. Was it the Paris Olympis in 2003?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 11, 2011 19:30

georgeV
Anaheim #2 in '78 when they had to take stop to sweep the stage of all the shoes that had been thrown up there.

Just be glad it wasn't a Detroit Red Wings game: Then people would have been throwing octopi on the stage.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 11, 2011 20:09

DandelionPowderman
Ronnie's speech in Stockholm 2003. The unintelligible "We're all allowed a bump in road, aren't we", followed by a furious Keith: "Let me know the next time you plan to say something, Ronnie" was just priceless unintentional fun! thumbs up

Keith can be a twat

Date: October 12, 2011 00:49

rocker1
dcba

Is that what really happened?

No! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 12, 2011 00:55

Charlie and Keith BOTH left the stage during most of Sympathy for the Devil in Ottawa, 2005.

Good thing that drum loop was nice 'n loud, eh? Pfff.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: October 15, 2011 00:31

Next one

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 15, 2011 00:39

SFTD intermission at Altamont. Best ever!

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 01:01

colonial

During the first 1975 show in Baton Rouge, Mick asked Keith what the next song was. Keith walked over to his amps, picked up a sheet of paper,looked at it, pulled up his saggy red pants and shouted something to Mick. 36 years ago, I do not remember what the song was. But, I still remember that moment like it was yesterday. HA!

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: October 16, 2011 02:18

Bump.

Date: October 16, 2011 02:32

My most memorable and rewarding intermission was getting myself cleaned up after grovelling around on my hands and knees in the mud and peoples urine in the dark looking for my second quitar pick Keith threw my way and apologizing to other fans for been a nuisance. smoking smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 16, 2011 02:34

DandelionPowderman

That's the first I've ever read/heard of that! Is it on youtube by any chance? Why the hell did Keith get mad? Did they really stink that night?

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 16, 2011 02:37

What is an intermission at a Stones show? After the opening act?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1085
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home