Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
more Jagger solo?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 30, 2011 18:00

...possible new Jagger solo work with wil.i.am and Jimmy Iovine.....tongue sticking out smiley....[www.aceshowbiz.com]

Re: more Jagger solo?
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 30, 2011 18:07

Please no.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 30, 2011 18:12

smileys with beer

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 30, 2011 18:13

Really?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 30, 2011 18:14

I prefer both Let's Work & Charmed Life to Streets Of Love...

Date: September 30, 2011 18:25

will.i.am already has been closely involved with Jagger's projects since overseeing the remix for the "Rain Fall Down" CD single in 2005. He subsequently handled mixing chores on "Charmed Life" and most recently completed a remix of "Miracle Worker." They performed "Gimme Shelter" together with U2 and Fergie a couple years back as well. Jimmy Iovine was a consultant on the BRIDGES TO BABYLON sessions.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 30, 2011 18:47

Bring it Mick!!!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 30, 2011 19:01

ABSOLUTELY NO, only cooperation projects with THE ROLLING STONES (this old band from the sixties, you know, Mick?), please ...

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 30, 2011 19:11

RobertJohnson
ABSOLUTELY NO, only cooperation projects with THE ROLLING STONES (this old band from the sixties, you know, Mick?), please ...

OK, after reading these fan-instructions, Mick is going to delete all his tapes, no need to release it anymore ... :

eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-30 19:13 by HighwireC.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: September 30, 2011 19:13

If Jimmy Iovine produced/consulted on Bridges, I'd like him to have more Stones involvement.

One of the best producers ever. No idea if he still has it though.

Date: September 30, 2011 20:17

I don't think he produced anything for BRIDGES (certainly not any released material). I believe they used his studio early on for demos and he consulted with Don Was while they were setting up the manic sessions at Ocean Way. Someone here may know definitively. I'm going from memory of secondhand (at best) information.

I love a lot of his seventies and early eighties work, but lately I thought he concentrated more on rap artists.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: September 30, 2011 20:24

The new proyect will be called Supersoft

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:42

Well, Mick's creative juices haven't dried up like some other Stone we all know..GO MICK! Ok, so you didn't love " Let's Work", I was not that thrilled with it either but I loved " Primitive Cool", " Wandering Spirit" and " Goddess". For those that just like to rant against ALL of Mick's solo material, I say listen to the " Alfie" Soundtrack!! " Old Habits Die Hard" is great on every level.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:50

if Jagger releases his blues recordings with the Red Devils, Great Great
bye
jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:55

thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 1, 2011 00:35

corriecas
if Jagger releases his blues recordings with the Red Devils, Great Great
bye
jeroen

Of course, this would be great. "Wandering Spirit" is also a great work. But unfortunately these things are exceptions. MJ loves it to make a fool of himself.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:09

....I think you have a strange perception of who looks to be a fool....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:14

Rip This
....I think you have a strange perception of who looks to be a fool....

smileys with beer

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 1, 2011 01:21

Would love to see some outtakes they did with vocals not available on any bootleg, which the boys have.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 1, 2011 02:12

Very strange idea of what a fool is, indeed.....that FOOL has been the ONLY reason we still have the Rolling Stones. ( I guess we're not entirely sure that they are still a band at this point).

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: October 1, 2011 09:07

WilliamPatrickMaynard
I don't think he produced anything for BRIDGES (certainly not any released material). I believe they used his studio early on for demos and he consulted with Don Was while they were setting up the manic sessions at Ocean Way. Someone here may know definitively. I'm going from memory of secondhand (at best) information.

I love a lot of his seventies and early eighties work, but lately I thought he concentrated more on rap artists.

I see.

Well, Jimmy was the one who said, paraphrase, After 3 albums, a band should fire it's producer and get someone else in.

I think he has a point.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: October 1, 2011 09:12

I think if Mick Jagger makes any more solo records it's a case for military intervention.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 7, 2011 13:24

Richards is making his solo album and even with all the Stones exept Jagger. So I think we can expect Jagger' solo album soon. Maybe he will release those blues, which they recorded with Charlie.
In any case I want to see him on stage - and I do not care what it will be -Stones, SH or solo. But I'd prefer his solo tour - he could play the old songs from his different albums plus new songs plus the Stones tunes (not the most popular but more intimate things fot the theater shows )

Date: October 7, 2011 13:59

proudmary
Richards is making his solo album and even with all the Stones exept Jagger. So I think we can expect Jagger' solo album soon. Maybe he will release those blues, which they recorded with Charlie.
In any case I want to see him on stage - and I do not care what it will be -Stones, SH or solo. But I'd prefer his solo tour - he could play the old songs from his different albums plus new songs plus the Stones tunes (not the most popular but more intimate things fot the theater shows )

You prefer Jagger solo to the Stones???

Date: October 7, 2011 14:13

DandelionPowderman
proudmary

To be perfectly honest - I just do not believe in the possibility that the Stones will work together.
And if they do it will be forced and unpleasant work under the pressure and not something fun and inspiring.

Date: October 7, 2011 14:15

mickschix
Well, Mick's creative juices haven't dried up like some other Stone we all know..GO MICK! Ok, so you didn't love " Let's Work", I was not that thrilled with it either but I loved " Primitive Cool", " Wandering Spirit" and " Goddess". For those that just like to rant against ALL of Mick's solo material, I say listen to the " Alfie" Soundtrack!! " Old Habits Die Hard" is great on every level.

Good post. Why should Jagger turn off his drive? Who knows? Maybe Jagger simply does not feel like wasting time; no one's getting any younger.

Date: October 7, 2011 14:16

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

To be perfectly honest - I just do not believe in the possibility that the Stones will work together.
And if they do it will be forced and unpleasant work under the pressure and not something fun and inspiring.

Let's see: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 7, 2011 14:24

Who wants this back...?=??

2 1 2 0

Date: October 7, 2011 14:30

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Let's see: [www.iorr.org]

you're right, let's see. but I still want Mick solo - there are many his songs I'd like to hear and I'm sure his solo shows will take place in smaller venues.
I don't really like all the pomp and grand style thay surround the Stones

Date: October 7, 2011 14:41

"Come On"
Who wants this back...?=??

I've seen in recent years at Dylan, McCartney, Paul Simon, Marianne Faithfull, Debbie Harry, Leonard Cohen, Iggy Pop and Bryan Ferry. I want to see Jagger - is this abnormal desire?
You do not like him so much that you do not want him to perform on stage until the end of his life?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home