Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Any Dr Feelgood fans?
Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: October 4, 2010 10:25

If the late, great Lee Brilleaux was still alive...
If the Feelgoods got over the animosity when Wilko left/was asked to leave and they all decided on one last tour now Oil City Confidential has them back in mind...

Would Lee leave the stage while Wilko sang and have his hair tidied?confused smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: October 4, 2010 15:42

Braincapers
teleblaster
Yeah, a big fan. Caught them a few times in their prime (i.e., with Wilko) and once post Wilko...

I'm afraid I have absolutely no interest in the current incarnation of Dr Feelgood. No original members and, while I'm sure they're a decent band, they're not for me.

I have to say that while the Wilko period was the best I really liked the Gypie Mayo period too, after that it got a bit hit and miss.

As for the current line-up, while I accept they've got the right to be Dr Feelgood I can't help but think that are little more than a tribute band (bit like Thin Lizzy) and I have very little interest.

I saw them once with Gypie Mayo. Was actually in a band playing the same venue and watched some of the set with the late John Martyn (he was playing that night too) from the side of the stage...but that's another story. Yes, they were still great, but to me is was a bit like watching the Stones without Keith. On a less emotional level, the show lacked Wilko's stage presence and, in the longer run, they missed his songwriting.

Having said that, I think Wilko only rarely hit the heights he did with Lee and the gang after the split. The whole was certainly greater than the sum of the parts.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 4, 2010 17:27

As 'teleblaster' said.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 4, 2010 20:09

steffiestones
I love Dr.feelgood!!

As do I - my favorite Motley Crue album.........

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: October 5, 2010 00:29

confused smileyangry smiley

VoodooLounge13
steffiestones
I love Dr.feelgood!!

As do I - my favorite Motley Crue album.........

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 5, 2010 03:57

horrible

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: June 6, 2011 21:15

Wilko Johnson was on the bbc travel show "Coast" London to Antwerp June 5 reminiscing about the 70's.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 6, 2011 21:39

smileys with beer

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 21:46

Fantastic band..... Check out Nothing shakin' (but the leaves on the trees) from the album Sneakin suspicion, what a floor filler!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 6, 2011 21:50

Used to see 'em at The Roundhouse, London back in 74. Great band. Me mates and I had a jam with Gypie Mayo once and he played my left hooker guitar better than the boys played right handed.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 6, 2011 21:56

Like the Feelgoods but especially Wilko....and esp. with the Blockheads...........

Sublime......perfect piece of music.....although the sounds obviously not as good on youtube as on the official DVD 'Hold on to your structure'..............

Oh go on then...one more........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-06 14:42 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 6, 2012 09:45

All Through The City (With Wilko 1974-1977)

Box contains 3 CDs and 1 DVD for 93 songs.smileys with beer

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 6, 2012 11:54

I saw the Wilko Johnson Band in about.... 1978 at Barbarellas in Birmingham (which was a fantastic little venue).

Brilliant.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 6, 2012 20:24

Toru A

All Through The City (With Wilko 1974-1977)

Box contains 3 CDs and 1 DVD for 93 songs.smileys with beer

Had a quick look on the net. The CDs appear to contain the first 3 studio albums plus the "Stupidity" live album. There are a number of previously unreleased tracks on CD3. The DVD has got various things including early TV appearances on "The Geordie Scene". It also has the Kursaal Southend footage already available on the "Going Back Home" DVD. Most fans will already have the released CDs and Southend footage, so it's a case of having to buy a lot of what you already own - again - for relatively few new tracks.

Tempting, though!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home