Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Upcoming Keith release - Vintage Vinos
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 21:02

NeddieFlanders
I always considered Hurricane being a Stones-track...

Run Rudolph Run and/or The Harder They Come from his first solo single
or You Win Again from the Hank Williams-tribute would have been
much better choices IMO.

N

Yes, I'd always expected The Harder They Come to be on any Keef Greatest Hits album just because it's so rare in this digital world.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 21:03

JJHMick
Rockman
Geeeeeeeeez lets pray it ain't the edited version of Hurricane .....

How long, eh, short, is what we have to expect...

Hurricane is barely over 1 minute in length.....

Posted by: Potbanger ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:32

NeddieFlanders
Run Rudolph Run and/or The Harder They Come from his first solo single
or You Win Again from the Hank Williams-tribute would have been
much better choices IMO.

No kidding! They really missed the boat to tie up some loose ends -- Key to the Highway, Deuce and a Quarter... man, what a missed opportunity!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 30, 2010 03:17

skipstone
I'll get it just for the remasteredness.

Me too. As I've posted before, TIC is one of the most badly-in-need-of-remastering CDs known to mankind.

Just wish they'd remaster the whole damn thing. Me wants remastered Rockawhile, Whip It Up, It Means A Lot, etc ...

But this is a start.

Drew

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 30, 2010 03:55

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 30, 2010 04:31

I'd be happy for an undoctored "I Could Have Stood You Up." Steve Jordan's overdubbed "Shucks, my dear" over Keith's "S u c ks my d i c k" is more horrendous than the censored line in "Star, Star."

If I Ran Mindless...
Date: September 30, 2010 05:03

Track listing for Keith Richards - Vintage Vinos No Broken Hearts (or Broken Necks): The Solo Anthology

1. Take It So Hard
2. Big Enough Locked Away
3. You Don't Move Me
4. Struggle How I Wish
5. Make No Mistake
6. Too Rude (live)
7. Time Is On My Side Something Else (live)
8. Happy Cancel Everything w/Ronnie Wood
9. Connection Apartment No. 9 (live) w/ New Barbarians
10. Wicked As It Seems
11. Eileen
12. Hate It When You LeaveRunning Too Deep
13. You Win Again
14. Hurricane We Had It All (rarity)
15. Key to the Highway w/Jonnie Johnson
16. Run Run Rudolph
17. The Harder They Come

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 30, 2010 07:26

>Would be good if they could rerelease the Winos DVD sometime.

? LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM was released on DVD way back in 2002. It's probably out of print by now though.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 30, 2010 07:44

Another example of what could have been a good or really good CD by a Stones or Stones. Many really good rocking songs left off. Kinda like Micks's greatest hits, only worse. Kinda like Rareties, only, well maybe, just as weak.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2010 09:21

>> They really missed the boat to tie up some loose ends -- Key to the Highway, Deuce and a Quarter <<
>> w/Ronnie Wood ... w/ New Barbarians <<

but ... those aren't loose ends - they're tracks on fully fledged releases that have their own publishers, rights, etc -
and this release is supposed to be "vintage Winos", not "vintage Keith", isn't it

a remastered set of the complete Winos albums, with DVDs from both tours, would be excellent
plus a bonus disk of demos, rehearsal stuff and unreleased in-concert numbers -
they could throw in that hot all-star I Hear You Knockin (But You Can't Come In) from that awards show too

and we can have a "vintage Keith" box set as a whole separate product :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-30 10:45 by with sssoul.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 30, 2010 15:11

with sssoul

and this release is supposed to be "vintage Winos", not "vintage Keith", isn't it

true, but Hurricane has hardly anything to do with Winos, it´s eh, a Rolling Stones Record

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 30, 2010 15:22

This release merely emphasizes the humble amount of Keith's output in the last 2 decades. That's it. Oh: and $$$

Date: September 30, 2010 15:31

there could be easily done a 2cd set of released tracks as best of, or just 1 cd with the many guest spots he did, the duet with ronnie spector etc. lost opportunity, as in most cases. Jaggers hits cd was also a lost opportunity but the tracks were better chosen than on this. Ronnies Anthology is far from perfect but it shines above these two

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2010 15:37

>> Keith's output in the last 2 decades <<

... you mean the 18 years since Main Offender, apart from Stones albums & tours?

# Weird Nightmare: Meditations on Mingus (1992): guitar and vocals on "Oh Lord Don't Let Them Drop That Atomic Bomb on Me"
# George Jones: Bradley Barn Sessions (1994): guitar and vocals on "Say It's Not You"; Burn Your Playhouse Down - The Unreleased Duets (2008): vocals on "Burn Your Playhouse Down" (recorded in 1994)
# Bernie Worrell: Funk of Ages (1994): guitar
# Bobby Womack: Resurrection (1994): guitar
# Marianne Faithfull: A Collection (1994): co-producer and guitar on "Ghost Dance"; Easy Come, Easy Go (2008): guitar and harmony vocals on "Sing Me Back Home"
# The Chieftains: Long Black Veil (1995): guitar on "The Rocky Road to Dublin"
# Ivan Neville: Thanks (1995): guitar; Scrape (2004): guitar
# Bo Diddley: A Man Amongst Men (1996): guitar on "Bo Diddley Is Crazy"
# B.B. King: Deuces Wild (1997): guitar on "Paying the Cost to Be the Boss"
# Wingless Angels (1997): co-producer, guitar, backing vocals
# Scotty Moore: All the King's Men (1997): guitar and vocals on "Deuce and a Quarter"
# Jimmy Rogers All-Stars: Blues Blues Blues (1999): guitar on "Trouble No More", "Don't Start Me Talkin'" and "Goin' Away"
# Sheryl Crow: Sheryl Crow & Friends: Live From Central Park (1999): guitar and vocals on "Happy"
# Charlie Watts: Charlie Watts - Jim Keltner Project (2000): guitar on "The Elvin Suite"
# Timeless: Tribute to Hank Williams (2001): guitar and vocals on "You Win Again"
# Peter Wolf: Sleepless (2002): guitar and vocals on "Too Close Together"
# Willie Nelson & Friends: Stars & Guitars (2002): guitar and vocals on "Dead Flowers"; Outlaws & Angels (2004): guitar and vocals on "We Had It All", guitar on "Trouble in Mind" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On"
# Hubert Sumlin: About Them Shoes (2004): guitar and vocals on "Still a Fool", guitar on "I Love the Life I Lead" and "Little Girl"
# Toots & the Maytals: True Love (2004): guitar and vocals on "Careless Ethiopians"; guitar and backing vocals on "Pressure Drop" (released 2007)
# Return to Sin City: A Tribute to Gram Parsons (2004): guitar and vocals on "Love Hurts", "Hickory Wind" and "Wild Horses"
# Make It Funky (2005): guitar and vocals on "I'm Ready"
# Les Paul & Friends: American Made World Played (2005): guitar on "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl"
# Buddy Guy: Bring 'Em In (2005): guitar on "The Price You Gotta Pay"
# Jerry Lee Lewis: Last Man Standing: The Duets (2006): guitar and vocals on "That Kind of Fool"; guitar and vocals on "Sweet Virginia"
# Ronnie Spector: Last of the Rock Stars (2006): guitar and vocals on "It's Gonna Work Out Fine", guitar on "All I Want"
# Lee "Scratch" Perry: Scratch Came Scratch Saw Scratch Conquered (2008): guitar on "Heavy Voodoo" and "Once There's a Will There's a Way"; Revelation (2010): guitar, bass & percussion on "Book of Moses"
# Dirty Strangers: From W12 to Wittering (2009): piano on five tracks, co-composer of "Real Botticelli"
- the list above is mainly from wikipedia, just for convenience ...

>> Hurricane has hardly anything to do with Winos <<

smile: true - oh well, there's another good theory shot to hell! smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-30 15:41 by with sssoul.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 30, 2010 16:01

@with sssoul Those contributions in the past 18 years aren't that many, are they?

It certainly doesn't justify a compilation. Surely there's more interesting material to release?

Date: September 30, 2010 16:25

The same shit again? Didn't I buy this stuff already?

Re: If I Ran Mindless...
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 30, 2010 16:40

Potbanger
Track listing for Keith Richards - Vintage Vinos No Broken Hearts (or Broken Necks): The Solo Anthology

1. Take It So Hard
2. Big Enough Locked Away
3. You Don't Move Me
4. Struggle How I Wish
5. Make No Mistake
6. Too Rude (live)
7. Time Is On My Side Something Else (live)
8. Happy Cancel Everything w/Ronnie Wood
9. Connection Apartment No. 9 (live) w/ New Barbarians
10. Wicked As It Seems
11. Eileen
12. Hate It When You LeaveRunning Too Deep
13. You Win Again
14. Hurricane We Had It All (rarity)
15. Key to the Highway w/Jonnie Johnson
16. Run Run Rudolph
17. The Harder They Come

We Had It All is the Stones, as is Run Rudolph. You took out Struggle? Oh nooooo.

Re: If I Ran Mindless...
Date: September 30, 2010 17:35

skipstone

We Had It All is the Stones, as is Run Rudolph. You took out Struggle? Oh nooooo.

Yeah, I think How I Wish is a much stronger track... which is, I guess, why we're collectively NEVER happy with anthologies.

Run Run Rudolph is the stones? I thought it was just Keith, Ronnie and Charlie messing about in the studio -- it was certainly released under the Keith Richards label.

We Had It All I thought was recorded at Stones sessions, but was once again KR bass/vox/guitar and CW on drums... essentially a solo track. Could be wrong, but it would be a great addition to this set.

Wait a minute -- when Keith released Run Run Rudolph on iTunes, didn't it come with another song other that HTC as the "flip side"? That could be on there, too.

Posted by: Nimrod ()
Date: September 30, 2010 18:21

Kind of pointless and could have been better if they really want to do something like this, but I'll pick it up for the remastering. A remastered version of Take It So Hard could be just what I need.

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: September 30, 2010 21:20

How about including Something Else ...???

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 30, 2010 21:41

Vinyl edition???

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 30, 2010 22:52

No kidding, they should definately include "something else" that was a highlight.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 30, 2010 23:13

with sssoul
>> Keith's output in the last 2 decades: <<

# Weird Nightmare: Meditations on Mingus (1992): guitar and vocals on "Oh Lord Don't Let Them Drop That Atomic Bomb on Me"
# George Jones: Bradley Barn Sessions (1994): guitar and vocals on "Say It's Not You"; Burn Your Playhouse Down - The Unreleased Duets (2008): vocals on "Burn Your Playhouse Down" (recorded in 1994)
# Bernie Worrell: Funk of Ages (1994): guitar
# Bobby Womack: Resurrection (1994): guitar
# Marianne Faithfull: A Collection (1994): co-producer and guitar on "Ghost Dance"; Easy Come, Easy Go (2008): guitar and harmony vocals on "Sing Me Back Home"
# The Chieftains: Long Black Veil (1995): guitar on "The Rocky Road to Dublin"
# Ivan Neville: Thanks (1995): guitar; Scrape (2004): guitar
# Bo Diddley: A Man Amongst Men (1996): guitar on "Bo Diddley Is Crazy"
# B.B. King: Deuces Wild (1997): guitar on "Paying the Cost to Be the Boss"
# Wingless Angels (1997): co-producer, guitar, backing vocals
# Scotty Moore: All the King's Men (1997): guitar and vocals on "Deuce and a Quarter"
# Jimmy Rogers All-Stars: Blues Blues Blues (1999): guitar on "Trouble No More", "Don't Start Me Talkin'" and "Goin' Away"
# Sheryl Crow: Sheryl Crow & Friends: Live From Central Park (1999): guitar and vocals on "Happy"
# Charlie Watts: Charlie Watts - Jim Keltner Project (2000): guitar on "The Elvin Suite"
# Timeless: Tribute to Hank Williams (2001): guitar and vocals on "You Win Again"
# Peter Wolf: Sleepless (2002): guitar and vocals on "Too Close Together"
# Willie Nelson & Friends: Stars & Guitars (2002): guitar and vocals on "Dead Flowers"; Outlaws & Angels (2004): guitar and vocals on "We Had It All", guitar on "Trouble in Mind" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On"
# Hubert Sumlin: About Them Shoes (2004): guitar and vocals on "Still a Fool", guitar on "I Love the Life I Lead" and "Little Girl"
# Toots & the Maytals: True Love (2004): guitar and vocals on "Careless Ethiopians"; guitar and backing vocals on "Pressure Drop" (released 2007)
# Return to Sin City: A Tribute to Gram Parsons (2004): guitar and vocals on "Love Hurts", "Hickory Wind" and "Wild Horses"
# Make It Funky (2005): guitar and vocals on "I'm Ready"
# Les Paul & Friends: American Made World Played (2005): guitar on "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl"
# Buddy Guy: Bring 'Em In (2005): guitar on "The Price You Gotta Pay"
# Jerry Lee Lewis: Last Man Standing: The Duets (2006): guitar and vocals on "That Kind of Fool"; guitar and vocals on "Sweet Virginia"
# Ronnie Spector: Last of the Rock Stars (2006): guitar and vocals on "It's Gonna Work Out Fine", guitar on "All I Want"
# Lee "Scratch" Perry: Scratch Came Scratch Saw Scratch Conquered (2008): guitar on "Heavy Voodoo" and "Once There's a Will There's a Way"; Revelation (2010): guitar, bass & percussion on "Book of Moses"
# Dirty Strangers: From W12 to Wittering (2009): piano on five tracks, co-composer of "Real Botticelli"
- the list above is mainly from wikipedia, just for convenience ...

I wonder if anybody has compilations of all this stuff?!
I know most of it (but not all!) and some of it is really nice!
Would surely love to hear all of that stuff!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 30, 2010 23:41

Take It So Hard
Struggle
How I Wish
Wicked As It Seems
How I Wish
Run Rudolph Run
Gimme Shelter-live
Happy-live
Connection-live
Big Enough
Apt. #9

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 1, 2010 03:40

A version of Gimme Shelter from Keith's solo tours NEEDS an official release.I'm sick of going on YouTube every time I need my fix. Excellent, excellent arrangements and playing. Keith's vocal delivery is just so perfect. It's a crime he's never done it in concert with thE Stones.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: October 1, 2010 05:03

<<Run Run Rudolph is the stones? I thought it was just Keith, Ronnie and Charlie messing about in the studio -- it was certainly released under the Keith Richards label>>

Potbanger, there's an old Keith interview from a french mag ca '79 [that later
got paired up with a Woody interview and re-used in a Trouser Press article], in
which Keith goes into a bit of detail on the Rudolph/htc single; apparently it's
Keith on guitar and bass, Stu on piano and Mike Driscoll on drums on the Rudolph track

btw the 'i-tunes-flip-side' you're hinting at, is Pressure Drop -
a leftover from when Keith recorded Careless Ethiopians with Toots & The Maytals

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 1, 2010 08:28

>A version of Gimme Shelter from Keith's solo tours NEEDS an official release.

It already has been, it's on the EILEEN ep. Keep up!

Date: October 1, 2010 12:04

connection is such a rubbish

Posted by: varv ()
Date: October 1, 2010 17:02

Speaking of what's not on this collection, does anyone know if the live version of Take It So Hard from the New Year's Eve '92 show is available in excellent quality? Audio or video? It's a great version.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 1, 2010 17:13

Ahhh, Rudolph is NOT the Stones! Perhaps the confusion on my part was it sounds like it was recorded for Some Girls.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home