Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones stronger with tension
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 15, 2011 18:55

The Rolling Stones stronger with tension

The Rolling Stones' keyboardist Chuck Leavell believes the tension between Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is good for the band.

15 August 2011 16:30 GMT

The Rolling Stones' keyboardist Chuck Leavell believes the animosity between Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards is "healthy tension".

The musician insists the famous rows between the frontman and the guitarist - who branded the singer "unbearable" in his recent memoir 'Life' - make life in the band more interesting, and insists they would have split long ago if the arguments were serious.

Chuck told the New York Post newspaper: "I think that's part of the Rolling Stones. If it was all flowers and kisses, then I think it would be boring.

"They could have broken up many times throughout their career."

Earlier this year, it was claimed plans for a Rolling Stones tour are in jeopardy because Mick was angry with some of Keith's comments in his book, including that the iconic singer has a "tiny" penis.

A source said: "Mick read Keith's book before publication and didn't have any great problem with it.

"It was the fact that it was all dredged up in the interview afterwards that really upset him. Many believe this is the real reason why talks in relation to the tour have broken down."

The band were set to tour this year but it is now looking increasingly unlikely, while organisers of the 2012 London Olympics are desperately trying to get them to perform at the opening ceremony.

Mick, 67, has hit back at 66-year-old Keith's damming claims against him, describing his autobiography as "tedious".

He said: "Personally. I think it's really quite tedious raking over the past. Mostly, people only do it for the money."

Copyright (C) bangshowbiz.com 2011.

[entertainment.stv.tv]

Re: The Rolling Stones stronger with tension
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 15, 2011 19:08

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 15, 2011 23:58

True. In the wake of the drug busts, we got "Beggars Banquet".

MAN, did Godard have timing or what?!?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2011 00:07

..YEAH bring back tension ... it's what's missin' in music taday......Yeah Gimmie Tension

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:17

Too much tension though, is just too tense!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 16, 2011 09:50

To me it seems just naive to believe that a rock group could work for over four decades in perfect harmony and remain creative.
Music and show business are brutal, as we all know. How could you possibly stay there for such a long time without tensions and crack-ups?
We should be at least grateful that - with one sad exception - they survived all those years. Sometimes it surely WAS dageraous for them.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 16, 2011 10:24

What a load of tosh....their best material only came from a time when they were close friends and deteriorated after they grew apart.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 16, 2011 10:42

If anything they need more discipline!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 16, 2011 11:32

Stupid comment to make, they made pretty good music when they were all loved up. Whatever the situation someone will always put the spin on it to make it a positive. It's irrelevant really as Keith and Mick are very unlikely to write anything new that will be half decent. So we are talking about playing live; They travel separatley they don't hang out before or after shows together, so the only time they come together is on stage - and even then they barely acknowledge each other. So, who cares, no change from the last tour really. They both need to shut the @#$%& up and get on it.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 16, 2011 15:17

crumbling_mice
They travel separatley they don't hang out before or after shows together, so the only time they come together is on stage - and even then they barely acknowledge each other.

It hurts me to say that I too believe there is not so much to gain if the chemistry isn't there.
I think the best things happened on stage and in the studio at those moments when the boys
had the intuition and the intention to bring up the best in each other. And I don't think these
conditions will be met at the moment.
Maybe that's what Martin Scorsese caught in Keith' eye, the split second after he shared the
microphone with Mick during Far Away Eyes.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home