Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones - Graffiti Crimes
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:59

Whose been guilty of a bit of Graffiti crime in their youth..or even seen some good graffiti artwork done by others on
The Rolling Stones..smoking smiley

Re: The Rolling Stones - Graffiti Crimes
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:06

YEP....see wet cement .... ALWAYS scrawl The Rolling Stones........... It's all over town .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:13

Toilet blocks - gotta show Oprah and her crew that we want the stones Down Under too.cheers colonial,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-18 12:15 by klrkcr.

Date: September 18, 2010 12:17

klrkcr
Toilet blocks - cheers colonial,
kirkcr..yea' cheers mate..smoking smiley

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:36

colonial
klrkcr

Of course I meant the outside mate - hope things are going well for you colonial - and that NZ is settling down after the earthquake - cheers mate.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:37

I scratched Rolling Stones in that 81/82 style on various tables
in my school. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:46

Wow!!! you lucky cat TooTough .... we didn't have no tables in reform school...

ROCKMAN

Date: September 18, 2010 13:27

klrkcr
colonial
klrkcr

Of course I meant the outside mate - hope things are going well for you colonial - and that NZ is settling down after the earthquake - cheers mate.
kirkcr..yea' mate..the big 7.1 Shaker. Theres a few reasons why there wasn't anyone killed..

-Not many inner city apartments
-4.30am shaker
-Our strict building codes
-Most nightclubs were closed

Theres quite a few scientists from all over the world here checking it all out.The Americans are especially interested in how we've gone about things in the construction of our modern day buildings.Most of the damage was done to alot of our early brick homes.Its a real shame to see these old beautiful buildings damaged..they will be pulled down.
Christchurch has a huge British population especially the English there so of course the early style of building there is what you would see in Britain..yea' mate we have the shakers every now and then ya' sort of get used to them.
Today its snowing of all things in the second week of Spring..not excactly Barbie weather..Cheers mate

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 18, 2010 13:37

I remember weeks before It's Only Rock'n'Roll in 74 came out the album title was sprayed onto the main wall of Lord's cricket ground in St John's Wood, north London. Rumours were that it was done by Jagger himself.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 18, 2010 13:48

i was quite an active graffiti artist and always stoned when i went out ta bomb....does that count?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 18, 2010 13:52

Well...they used a wall once...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 18, 2010 13:58

Bjorn
Well...they used a wall once...

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: September 18, 2010 14:08

Actually one of my favourite Bands Mi-Sex..had a No.1 hit Graffiti Crimes..seen them in Brisbane and Bondi..they were always good for a good night..and most of the next day out..smoking smiley

Date: September 18, 2010 14:26

colonial
Actually one of my favourite Bands Mi-Sex..had a No.1 hit Graffiti Crimes..seen them in Brisbane and Bondi..they were always good for a good night..and most of the next day out..smoking smiley

Felt-tip criminals loose and still at large.
Crayon kings are writing things,
they're a minor entourage.
Its got balls..its written on the walls.
Graffiti crimes in the shopping malls...

Mi-Sex..Graffiti Crimes-1979

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: September 18, 2010 17:20

I once drew "@#$%& blues" and a pic of a stones tounge licking a.. well you know, a kind of lollipop on a toilet.

Date: September 19, 2010 01:00

Silver Dagger
I remember weeks before It's Only Rock'n'Roll in 74 came out the album title was sprayed onto the main wall of Lord's cricket ground in St John's Wood, north London. Rumours were that it was done by Jagger himself.

Silver Dagger..I know of a few excited builders last year that were renovating an old town hall not far from where I live that The Stones had played in the early 60s and found Mick Jagger scratched into an inner wall that had been covered over years ago in the dressing room that The Stones used.
They've cut it out and are getting it checked out to see if its authentic or not.Even the local mayor who is a big Stones fan has gone all out to help them the best he can.But how they're going to do that im not to sure..it looks like Micks work..but ya' can never be to sure.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 19, 2010 01:56

Silver Dagger

There was a lot of IORR graffiti at that time. It was painted close to the back entrance of Belfast city hall. You could still the 'it's only rock n' part of it as late as 1994 until the building got a makeover in anticipation of President Clinton's visit.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 19, 2010 01:58

Gazza
You could still the 'it's only rock n' part of it as late as 1994 until the building got a makeover in anticipation of President Clinton's visit.

Clinton's a Stones fan. They should have just left it up there!

Date: September 19, 2010 03:16

Edith Grove
Gazza
You could still the 'it's only rock n' part of it as late as 1994 until the building got a makeover in anticipation of President Clinton's visit.

Clinton's a Stones fan. They should have just left it up there!

Yeah. I doubt he'd have minded. Spoilsports.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 19, 2010 08:13

I was guilty of a few IORRs in the seventies. Hey, it was expected of us! Thinking back, it was great PR (and not for the first or last time).

One of the strangest ones (for me) was when "Al Jolson" started appearing all over Glasgow city centre in the 80s - never found out what that was all about!

Date: September 19, 2010 10:16

For some reason I think i've seen more graffiti written on walls and shopping malls about The Beatles..than The Stones.Something like for every one bit of graffiti on The Stones ya' would see something like half a dozen on The Beatles.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:56

Graffiti Crimes would be a great title for an album (with a built-in suggestion for cover art design...)

Date: September 19, 2010 12:16

Green Lady
Graffiti Crimes would be a great title for an album (with a built-in suggestion for cover art design...)

Green Lady.. Check out Mi-Sex..Graffiti Games (1979 Album) a New Zealand band based in Australia..smoking smiley

Date: September 19, 2010 12:19

colonial
Green Lady

Green Lady.. Check out Mi-Sex..Graffiti Crimes (1979 Album) a New Zealand band based in Australia..smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 19, 2010 17:25

When I saw this thread, I thought it was speculation for the title of the next album and tour.

Date: September 19, 2010 19:18

teleblaster
I was guilty of a few IORRs in the seventies. Hey, it was expected of us! Thinking back, it was great PR (and not for the first or last time).

One of the strangest ones (for me) was when "Al Jolson" started appearing all over Glasgow city centre in the 80s - never found out what that was all about!

Maybe it was his 'mammy' that did it.

I'll get me coat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home