Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Can Keith bounce back from 2007?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 24, 2010 17:55

Heberden's Nodes ARE a type of arthritis. Along with limited use of the joint it's also swollen. That's arthritis. I have it. I've got knobby fingers like Keith had in 1997. My left thumb is so bad I can only bend it about 20% of how it should go. Hopefully they'll never get as bad as Keith's have gotten but I'm pretty sure they will, especially if I keep playing music for a living.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 17:56 by skipstone.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 24, 2010 18:02

I remain optimistic that we'll see a Keith in much better nick the next time out. He came back too early after that bump on the noggin. The pressures to restart the tour, combined with Keith's nature, ensured that.

I've never believed the finger nodes [or "hammers" as keith calls them] to be a big issue. He's learnt to play around those over very many years.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 25, 2010 11:13

the truth is ronnie,mick taylor and keith are still really good guitar players but they all have their moments when they just lose it,each for his own reasons of course.

the solution in this day and age is having all three of them playing together.believe me,it would sound great.we get so wound up sometimes and convince ourselves that these guys cant play at all anymore and i think thats a mistake.they've been written off many times before and came back strong.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 26, 2010 19:42

saulsurvivor - You are right on!! Though I do think that the 1972-73 were the best live Rolling Stones. The Stones are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards they are the creative force behind the music. Obviously the other five members add to the mix (Brian, Mick T, Charlie, Bill and Ronnie) it is when Mick and Keith are truly motivated that the Stones are the greatest rock "n" roll band in the world. I have always though Ronnie added a lot to the Stones. As for the topic I have no idea wether Keith has anything left in the tank or not only time will tell. I am hopeful.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home