Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick is a Buddhist
Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: September 19, 2010 19:53

mickschix
And yes, Bliss, Mick does not preach like the Madonnas of the world.

Or the McCartneys of the world. I eat the meatiest hamburger I can find every Monday now because of him. Usually a Wendy's baconator or something like that. Just because he annoys me going around trying to push that vegan crap on people. And those baconators are delicious!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 19, 2010 19:54

Pretty sure that 2001 Man was being funny. Think about the irony.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 19, 2010 19:56

cc
2001 man
On the wall of his extra hotel room for his luggage a Buddhist quote :

Happiness does not come from having much, but from being attached to little

what's the source for this info? Thanks.

Cheng Yen, according to a quick google search.

If it rings true, we can expect very cheap tickets on the next tour. Just sayin'.....

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 19, 2010 20:06

Gazza
cc
2001 man
On the wall of his extra hotel room for his luggage a Buddhist quote :

Happiness does not come from having much, but from being attached to little

what's the source for this info? Thanks.

Cheng Yen, according to a quick google search.

If it rings true, we can expect very cheap tickets on the next tour. Just sayin'.....

I meant the info that mick puts it up in his auxiliary hotel room (and also the source of the fact that he books one for his luggage), but as Rocky suggests, I didn't have my sense of irony switched on. Good one, 2001 man!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-19 20:11 by cc.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 19, 2010 20:08

TippyToe
mickschix

Or the McCartneys of the world. I eat the meatiest hamburger I can find every Monday now because of him.

if true, you have strange priorities. Do you also make a point of hating every female Japanese concept artist you meet?

was george ever accused of "preaching"? It seems to me that the majority of his songs post-'67 are essentially devotional.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 19, 2010 20:09

TippyToe
mickschix

Or the McCartneys of the world. I eat the meatiest hamburger I can find every Monday now because of him. Usually a Wendy's baconator or something like that. Just because he annoys me going around trying to push that vegan crap on people. And those baconators are delicious!
I don't think McCartney preaches his vegan beliefs. I'll eat a steak,but not out of spite. But because I want to. Considering how good Paul looks and sounds and plays these days. He can eat whatever the hell he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: September 19, 2010 20:18

TippyToe
mickschix

You would risk heart disease and death just for the temporary satisfaction of sticking it to Paul McCartney? smiling smiley

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Date: September 19, 2010 21:17

sweetcharmedlife
I don't think McCartney preaches his vegan beliefs. I'll eat a steak,but not out of spite. But because I want to. Considering how good Paul looks and sounds and plays these days. He can eat whatever the hell he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Looks to me like Reverend McCartney is doing some preaching in this clip:

stateofshock
You would risk heart disease and death just for the temporary satisfaction of sticking it to Paul McCartney?

Not saying I wouldn't but I don't think one a week is very risky. Along with the satisfaction of sticking it to McCartney there is also the satisfaction of how tasty it is! smiling smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 19, 2010 21:31

TippyToe
sweetcharmedlife

Looks to me like Reverend McCartney is doing some preaching in this clip:

stateofshock
You would risk heart disease and death just for the temporary satisfaction of sticking it to Paul McCartney?

Not saying I wouldn't but I don't think one a week is very risky. Along with the satisfaction of sticking it to McCartney there is also the satisfaction of how tasty it is! smiling smiley
As long as he plays like this. He can eat whatever the hell he wants.

Date: September 19, 2010 22:00

He probably feels like letting one go a lot, what with eating all that vegetarian food. smiling smiley

Seriously SCL, as far as I'm concerned he can eat whatever he wants too. I only have a problem with him being sanctimonious about his lifestyle choices and trying to push them on other people.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 20, 2010 07:17

Doxa
MKjan
In my categories buddhism belongs to the 'religion box'; it is based on certain belief system or dogmas that offers 'given' principles, guidelines and practises - articulated or shown by certain masters - how to live one's life

- Doxa

Thanks Doxa, I couldn't describe the Stones any better, and now I know my religion.
thumbs up

Well, you know, like Andrew Loog Oldham once wrote, The Rolling Stones is a way of life... and now if that holds true:

I don't wonder at all that Mick Jagger found a conviction or a way of life that doesn't accept gods...

- Doxa

I have always been amused that ALO made that statement, I guess he is a prophet.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 20, 2010 10:05

Mick a Buddhist? Not in this life...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home