Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick is a Buddhist
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 17, 2010 08:05

Re: Mick is a Buddhist
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 17, 2010 11:47

smart choice! and he obviously has quite ok karma...;-)

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 17, 2010 11:54

<<He practises meditation every day. He says it's the first thing he does when he gets up in the morning.<<

Funny,but I can't imagine Mick doing this .....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 17, 2010 12:28

Hard to imagine Mick following the Buddhist creed of non-attachment, but perhaps it's a logical choice if one has everything in the world but happiness is still elusive. I know that L'Wren got him into practising yoga every day; they had their own trainer on the ABB tour, and perhaps it developed from there.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2010 14:03

SwayStones
<<He practises meditation every day. He says it's the first thing he does when he gets up in the morning.<<

A sign of ageing, when 'morning wood' is a thing of the past....

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 17, 2010 14:16

Bliss
Hard to imagine Mick following the Buddhist creed of non-attachment, but perhaps it's a logical choice if one has everything in the world but happiness is still elusive. I know that L'Wren got him into practising yoga every day; they had their own trainer on the ABB tour, and perhaps it developed from there.

But isn't the Buddhist creed of non-attachment a lack of attachment to outcomes? To me it means living in the present moment rather than worrying about "Will I get X tomorrow" for exemple. We all have everything we need right now, according to Buddhist beliefs. All that we need lies within; we must go within to find what we think is missing. And inner peace and contentment do 'lie within'.

Just my humble thoughts on the matter..........

Date: September 17, 2010 14:25

Gazza
SwayStones

Jagger isn't THAT old ....smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 17, 2010 15:03

SwayStones
Gazza
SwayStones

yeah, but before that,in the mornings he prefered to eat srawberries with beautiful women

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2010 15:10

Gazza
SwayStones

ya got that right .

Date: September 17, 2010 15:26

proudmary
SwayStones
Gazza
SwayStones

yeah, but before that,in the mornings he prefered to eat srawberries with beautiful women

Strawberries,did you say ?
I thought he used to drink goji berry juice every day.winking smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 17, 2010 15:26

Who cares "The SUN"??

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 17, 2010 15:36

Mick's been practicing Buddhism for several years now. He came from a family that switched religions several times. It's not surprising he's done the same in his own life and that includes his periods of atheism as well. Buddhism came his way shortly after his disenchantment with the Kaballah. Jade was instrumental in getting him involved in Buddhism.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2010 15:51

Rocky Dijon
Mick's been practicing Buddhism for several years now. He came from a family that switched religions several times.

He did?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 17, 2010 16:29

Keith is truly religious in a non-religious way.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 17, 2010 16:34

there's a difference between practicing buddhism and actually being a buddhist. you can't just meditate and go for a boat ride in Laos and all of a sudden you're a buddhist. it doesn't work that way.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 17, 2010 17:07

bernardanderson
there's a difference between practicing buddhism and actually being a buddhist. you can't just meditate and go for a boat ride in Laos and all of a sudden you're a buddhist. it doesn't work that way.

Very true. And Buddhism isn't a "religion"; it's a philosophy,a way of thinking/living.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 17, 2010 17:16

duke richardson

I've seen a little Buddha in the Camp X-ray! And some knights and little things that made the place quite homey.

Religion? He used to say "I don't have a problem with God, I have a problem with some priests", I think. But his wife is deeply religious, Lutheran. Her entire family is.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 17, 2010 17:46

Addicted
duke richardson

I've seen a little Buddha in the Camp X-ray! And some knights and little things that made the place quite homey.

Religion? He used to say "I don't have a problem with God, I have a problem with some priests", I think. But his wife is deeply religious, Lutheran. Her entire family is.

and his remarks about religion show that he's not disregarding God, just organized religion? seems to me...like when he says 'God shows up in the form of rain, wind, lightning, etc. at the gig'
plus Keith is a righteous person in that his personal moral code is one of honor in all things, toward everybody, the same.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 17, 2010 18:13

i donĀ“t believe he is a buddhist.
and if he really is doing yoga that explains some things to me.

never seen someone looking good who does yoga.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 17, 2010 18:32

Perhaps he could remember what Lennon used to say about the Maharishi ??

Date: September 17, 2010 18:36

Don't you remember how Jagger looked bored when he met the Maharishi in 1967 ?>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 17, 2010 18:45

duke richardson

Keith's wife is doing the practicing job hor him. Lucky for him. That's how to share the households chores yawning smiley))

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: September 17, 2010 18:57

I think the story is more about Laos - I've heard nothing but great things about the place, clearly Mick is a man of wealth and taste.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 17, 2010 19:07

For no reason whatsoever, the thought popped into my head when I arrived in Luang Prabang earlier this year that it was a Mick kind of place. I was then very pleasantly surprised a few days later to spot a photo of him taken with someone while he'd been there in 2006, I think. Very chilled-out place.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 17, 2010 19:08

Rocky Dijon, care to elaborate?

Date: September 17, 2010 20:20

I believe that Mick, Jade, and Chris Jagger all practice Buddhism to a degree. I don't think it's a secret or deeply personal. There have been references to it over the past decade.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2010 20:26

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: September 17, 2010 20:40

The midlife chrisis that came way to late

Date: September 17, 2010 21:14

No, no...that was SHE'S THE BOSS.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 17, 2010 21:36

Rocky Dijon
No, no...that was SHE'S THE BOSS.

for sure!!!!

on keith: with his "new" familiy he is sourounded with religious people

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home