Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Memorabilia ~ Rock N Roll Treasure Revealed
Date: September 15, 2010 22:39

Re: Memorabilia ~ Rock N Roll Treasure Revealed
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 15, 2010 22:49

wow - what a lucky lady!

Ron Woods - hehehe

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 15, 2010 22:50

S***!!
It says it's not available for me sad smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 15, 2010 23:22

Same here. :/

Date: September 16, 2010 01:18

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Rock-N-Roll-Treasure-Rolling-Stones-102916969.html

---

The original bad boys of rock, the Rolling Stones, were captured in dozens of one-of-a-kind pictures that were revealed exclusively to NBCLA.

The never-before-seen photos are part of a rock 'n roll treasure that Patti Daley has stored in boxes under her bed for the past 40 years.

Daley was the ultimate insider: she dated Jesse Ed Davis for more than a decade. He was one of the most sought-after session guitarists during the Golden Age of Rock.

Daley said they struck up a friendship with Mick Jagger and other members of the Stones in the late 1960s.

And with her camera always at her side, she captured incredible, candid moments of the rock icons.

Among her collection, a series of shots of Jagger and drummer Charlie Watts in Daley's New York City hotel room in 1971. In one photo, a tired, but very youthful Jagger is talking on the phone.

"Anytime Mick and the boys were in the same town as us, they'd drop by our hotel room," said Daley. "They'd usually stay for days, just hanging out and playing music."

In another shot, Davis, Watts, legendary artist-musician Klaus Voorman and Voorman's girlfriend Cynthia Webb are sitting on a hotel bed, with Davis appearing to light Watts a joint.

Daley laughs, adding, "That photo is so funny because Charlie was one of the pure ones of all those crazy maniacs."

She also has a notable black-and-white photo of Keith Richards from 1964. Patti believes it was taken backstage at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino, the first time the Stones ever played in the United States.

By flipping through her photo albums, it's obvious the couple had a close relationship with Ronnie Wood.

Daley has more than a dozen of photos of the rhythm guitarist, and they are shots that only an insider could get.

Among her favorite, a series of three pictures she took of Wood inside her hotel room hamming it up for the camera.

She also has several shots of Wood on tour with Faces in 1975, just months before he parted ways with Rod Stewart and officially joined the Stones.

"It was just my life at the time," remembers Daley. "They were amazing people, and the music was magic. The music was so good."

Follow @TaraWallis for the latest on Rock 'N Roll Treasure.

Editor's Note: This is part three of a three-part series of reports entitled "Rock 'N Roll Treasure."

Read Part 1: " Exclusive: Rock 'N Roll Treasure Revealed"

Read Part 2: "Newly Released Pics Show Post-Breakup Beatles in LA"

{ [www.facebook.com] }

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 22, 2010 18:58

Now on youtube:

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 22, 2010 20:43

Wow! I will keep my eyes open for a closer look at this stuff. McCartney at Lennon's house in '74? Interesting! You would be hard pressed to find a poor song with Jesse Ed Davis on it. His life (and death) were tragic. He was a gem of a player.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 22, 2010 23:45

I hope she turns this into a book.

It's not clear in the story.....did she lose track of these ITEMS and then
recently find them?? You'd think she would have brought them out
when Lennon or Harrison died.

i didn't like the way the interviewer was handling those original John Lennon lyric sheets.
they probably took more abuse from that 4 minute interview than from the last 40 years.

has mccartney ever acknowledged that he and Lennon got together post-Beatles?

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 03:39 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 23, 2010 03:45

sweet neo con

He tells that story about how he and John were watching SNL the night that Lorne Michaels did the funny bit where he invited the Beatles to reunite on the show for a couple thousand dollars, and they went down to the studio but got lost on the way and didn't make it before the show ended.

I've only seen two photos of John and Paul together in the post-Beatles years.

Both look like Polaroids. One is in May Pang's "Instamatic Karma" book.

The other is in this trailer: [trailers.apple.com]

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 04:10

sweet neo con
I hope she turns this into a book.

It's not clear in the story.....did she lose track of these times and then
recently find them?? You'd think she would have brought them out
when Lennon or Harrison died.

i didn't like the way the interviewer was handling those original John Lennon lyric sheets.
they probably took more abuse from that 4 minute interview than from the last 40 years.

Wow, no kiddin. Lighten up on those lyrics!! Can't believe he was throwin em around like that.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: September 23, 2010 04:25

loog droog
sweet neo con

He tells that story about how he and John were watching SNL the night that Lorne Michaels did the funny bit where he invited the Beatles to reunite on the show for a couple thousand dollars, and they went down to the studio but got lost on the way and didn't make it before the show ended.

John Lennon said in a 1980 interview with Playboy that they talked about going down to the studio, but were too tired. According to him they never left the Dakota that night, and that's the last time they saw each other.

"PLAYBOY: Aside from the millions you've been offered for a reunion concert, how did you feel about producer Lorne Michaels' generous offer of $3200 for appearing together on "Saturday Night Live" a few years ago?

LENNON: Oh, yeah. Paul and I were together watching that show. He was visiting us at our place in the Dakota. We were watching it and almost went down to the studio, just as a gag. We nearly got into a cab, but we were actually too tired.

PLAYBOY: How did you and Paul happen to be watching TV together?

LENNON: That was a period when Paul just kept turning up at our door with a guitar. I would let him in, but finally I said to him, "Please call before you come over. It's not 1956 and turning up at the door isn't the same anymore. You know, just give me a ring." He was upset by that, but I didn't mean it badly. I just meant that I was taking care of a baby all day and some guy turns up at the door. . . . But, anyway, back on that night, he and Linda walked in and he and I were just sitting there, watching the show, and we went, "Ha-ha, wouldn't it be funny if we went down?" but we didn't.

PLAYBOY: Was that the last time you saw Paul?

LENNON: Yes, but I didn't mean it like that."

The interview is here if anyone is interested:

[www.john-lennon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 16:23 by bustedtrousers.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 07:07

Wasn't George on SNL? And Michaels gave him his $300 appearance fee. George said "I thought it was $1,200?" And Michaels responded "That was for four." Cute line.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 23, 2010 08:39

bustedtrousers
PLAYBOY: How did you and Paul happen to be watching TV together?

LENNON: That was a period when Paul just kept turning up at our door with a guitar. I would let him in, but finally I said to him, "Please call before you come over. It's not 1956 and turning up at the door isn't the same anymore. You know, just give me a ring." He was upset by that, but I didn't mean it badly. I just meant that I was taking care of a baby all day and some guy turns up at the door. . . . But, anyway, back on that night, he and Linda walked in and he and I were just sitting there, watching the show, and we went, "Ha-ha, wouldn't it be funny if we went down?" but we didn't.

PLAYBOY: Was that the last time you saw Paul?

LENNON: Yes, but I didn't mean it like that."

Youch! If I'd ever read that, I must have blotted it out. Oh John. I get his point, of course, but he could be so scathing -- "kept showing up at our door with a guitar" and "some guy shows up at the door" "It's not 1956 and turning up at the door isn't the same anymore."

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 23, 2010 08:41

Cristiano Radtke
Now on youtube:

Thanks so much for posting this. I wasn't quite getting the import/impact of this woman's collection until actually seeing the video.

And seriously - ack - step away from the precious archival material, fella!

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: September 23, 2010 14:25

LENNON: Oh, yeah. Paul and I were together watching that show. He was visiting us at our place in the Dakota. We were watching it and almost went down to the studio, just as a gag. We nearly got into a cab, but we were actually too tired.

too tired... too stoned, more likely!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 19:48

Lennon & McCartney did jam together in 1974, there's a bootleg of that called "A Toot And A Snore in 74'"...I think Stevie Wonder was there too.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: September 23, 2010 22:10

This is great, thanks for posting..

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 24, 2010 03:32

Yes a Toot and A Snore, Lennon, McCartney, Wonder..et. al jamming in a LA studio. Pretty horrible, they are all wrecked out of their mind and you can hear Lennon offerning Stevie Wonder another toot!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 24, 2010 16:11

Speaking of Klaus Voorman mentioned in the article, there's a good documentary being shown on one of the satellite channels called "All You Need Is Klaus". Very entertaining.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home