Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - My discussion with Mrs. Ritchie Blackmore
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:06

aka Candice Night - very cool woman

My in depth discussion with Candice Night - she is very interesting

[www.noisecreep.com]

Re: OT - My discussion with Mrs. Ritchie Blackmore
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:19

Where?

Do tell !

Date: July 7, 2011 17:23

oops - fixed

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:26

I'll be the first to ask, is there any possibility of a reunion between Ritchie and Deep Purple? I hope they at least have a decent relationship these days.

Date: July 7, 2011 17:27

will let you know after i talk to him

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:33

Whoa, you're going to talk to Blackmore? Please ask him to do some Rock And Roll. He's in my top 5 favorite guitar player list. I sure do miss him.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 7, 2011 18:53

I'm sure she is lovely and even the music is fine (never heard his current stuff) -- but whenever I see the pictures of her and Ritchie dressed up in the medieval garb and the lutes and elves and fairies and stuff I think of the girlfriend in Spinal Tap that took over managing the band! Planning gigs via their horoscopes and such....

Date: July 7, 2011 22:57

Wry Cooter
I'm sure she is lovely and even the music is fine (never heard his current stuff) -- but whenever I see the pictures of her and Ritchie dressed up in the medieval garb and the lutes and elves and fairies and stuff I think of the girlfriend in Spinal Tap that took over managing the band! Planning gigs via their horoscopes and such....

smiling smiley

me too

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 7, 2011 23:06

Knowing Ritchie Blackmore from all different interviews I don't think he is in for a Deep Purple reunion, but I really love to see them together.......

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: July 7, 2011 23:17

I wouldn't even bother asking Blackmore about a reunion with Deep Purple. They hate him, he hates them, it's never going to happen. Just ask him about his current stuff and what he hopes to do in the future, leave the Purple question alone....

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 7, 2011 23:25

I'm going to see Ian Paice in this beautiful little cove in Croatia on 30.07.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 7, 2011 23:32

hbwriter
Wry Cooter

smiling smiley

me too

That's a relief.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-07 23:49 by loog droog.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 8, 2011 00:00

Ritchie's mother-in-law Carol is his manager. A VERY tough and unpleasant person to deal with. I've personally dealt with her and it's easy to understand why he can't get many live date bookings. The club shows sell out, but the couple thousand dollars of profit a promoter could make is not worth the headaches she causes.

I also her remember asking to see some fans memoribillia before allowing Ritchie to autograph them. She would only allow items that her daughter was pictured on to be signed. Deep Purple stuff was not allowed when she's around.

It was a weird operation.

Date: July 8, 2011 00:30

man - that has reality show written all over it

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 8, 2011 00:38

The only reality show that would have been interesting was one that was in talks called "Wayne's World" it was about Wayne Newton and how his wife manages his career and the mother-in-law does his merchandising, etc .

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 8, 2011 01:15

That video was (unintentionaly I'm sure) hilarious! I thought I was watching a clip from Spinal Tap 2. Does anyone involved in that even know what year this is!? I'm not even going to mention that Ritchies fingers never come close to the guitar notes being played in the song. Oooops, I DID mention it. MAN that took me right back to the Renaissance Rock of 1973. Now where'd I put my hash-oil pipe ......

Date: July 8, 2011 03:13

Duane in Houston
That video was (unintentionaly I'm sure) hilarious! I thought I was watching a clip from Spinal Tap 2. Does anyone involved in that even know what year this is!? I'm not even going to mention that Ritchies fingers never come close to the guitar notes being played in the song. Oooops, I DID mention it. MAN that took me right back to the Renaissance Rock of 1973. Now where'd I put my hash-oil pipe ......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 03:14 by hbwriter.

Date: July 8, 2011 03:16

i like her approach - she's totally committed and inspired by the music/feeling - nothing poser about it - it's pure

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 8, 2011 09:50

hbwriter
i like her approach - she's totally committed and inspired by the music/feeling - nothing poser about it - it's pure

Really? You're serious about this?

I know your articles aren't critiques, they're interviews and stories, but after seeing what you had to say about Gene Simmons, and now this coattail-riding kook, I think you'd probably praise Air Supply to the high heavens if given the chance to meet them.

And where's the Cheetah Chrome story you promised months back, if you're going to post something, post that.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 8, 2011 10:12

Mr Blackmore is one of the best. Among my 3 favourites: KR + RB + DG

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: July 8, 2011 11:37

Wry Cooter

I have the same sentiments, quite exactly, but it looks like hbwriter has proved us wrong, as it seems to have been Blackmore who put about the costumes and stuff ;-) And it doesn't surprise me too much, I must admit, knowing what kind of eccentric he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 13:58 by Greenblues.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 8, 2011 11:41

bustedtrousers
hbwriter

I know your articles aren't critiques, they're interviews and stories, but after seeing what you had to say about Gene Simmons, and now this coattail-riding kook, I think you'd probably praise Air Supply to the high heavens if given the chance to meet them.

And where's the Cheetah Chrome story you promised months back, if you're going to post something, post that.

hbwriter,
I know that you know this is a single persons opinion, and although I can only speak for myself, I bet most readers here enjoy being tipped off to your cool encounters and links to your cool interviews. Please keep them coming and do not be disuaded by the occasional blah blah blah posters which are guaranteed to pop up on IORR.org.

I dont say it every time you post something, but.... Thanks for sharing.

Date: July 8, 2011 16:52

Max'sKansasCity
bustedtrousers
hbwriter

hbwriter,
I know that you know this is a single persons opinion, and although I can only speak for myself, I bet most readers here enjoy being tipped off to your cool encounters and links to your cool interviews. Please keep them coming and do not be disuaded by the occasional blah blah blah posters which are guaranteed to pop up on IORR.org.

I dont say it every time you post something, but.... Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for that and those sorts of comments don't bother me - I don't make it a habit of journalistically "judging" artists - I tend to take them at the their words and try to find the story in what they are up to - what I had to say about Gene Simmons? What -that he was funny and and he works his ass off? Or that I respected this woman's opinion about her muse? Who am I to challenge that? I didn't see any of the stuff described here about his life/wife- if I did, I'd write about it. And if Blackmore is in love with her and this guides his life- that HIS business - not ours. And guess what - the guys in Air Supply might have a great story - who the F is someone here to dismiss a bunch of international stars? I don't care for that music either - but I also respect success - it's too hard to come by - plus I love a good story. I'm interviewing Jim Kerr this morning from Simple Minds - I was not a huge fan of them either - but I can't wait to talk to the guy because I hear he is interesting. Want me to start with telling him that "BustedTrousers" thinks he's a dick?

As for Cheetah - the story his done - there's a reason it can't run right now that I am not at liberty to share

Max's - thanks again

Date: July 8, 2011 19:28

Keep up the good work Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 22:12 by NICOS.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 8, 2011 19:49

Any chance of you interviewing the Royals this weekend Chris? They're going to be in your neck of the woods.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 8, 2011 22:07

There are many different ways to interview celebrities, much depends on the personality of the person being interviewed. Ritchie Blackmore can be a tough cookie and I think in this case hbwriter's approach is more suited than say a critical approach. It's all about getting the story in the end.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: July 8, 2011 22:21

frankotero
Please ask him to do some Rock And Roll. He's in my top 5 favorite guitar player list. I sure do miss him.

He is playing a type of rock music, sorta (it certainly isn't renaissance music). Did you watch the accompanying video? He even plays electric guitar 'n does a solo and everything! OK, he's seen playing a lute and wearing a silly hat but it's really a guitar we're hearing.

And isn't one of the guys from Deep Purple in that video - Roger Glover IIRC?

Date: July 8, 2011 22:35

Wunderbar..................

Date: July 8, 2011 22:51

If someone decide to do what ever he likes I'm fine with that......................

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 8, 2011 23:09

One time.....
We were (we paid scalped prices to own front row seats) front row at a Deep Purple concert (on one of their reunion shows (I think every original (Made in Japan original) member was there))... and at one point.....

Richie Blackmore was right in front of us, 4 feet away, when he lit into the opening notes of "lazy". He played them with inhuman speed... and to this very second, it is one of the more amazing things I have ever seen... He was so fast yet so smooth... and it sounded so wicked awesome rock and roll... and the crowd went crazy...... it just gave me goosebumps again.

Needless to say, imuho, Richie Blackmore is a freekin Rock Legend, probably #1.

EDIT-
I do not post youtube video, because no video I have ever seen comes close to what we felt/saw/heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 23:12 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home