Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - 2011 Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 3, 2011 23:07

Can you eat hot dogs like these competitors?

[Hot dog eating legend returns]

From 2001 to 2006, Kobayashi ate his way to a world record; he was the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating champion for an unprecedented six years in a row. The years following, he would come in second place. In 2009, the last year he competed, he ate 64.5 hot dogs and buns (HDBs) in ten minutes; the winner, Joey Chestnut, digested 68.

Read more: [newsfeed.time.com]

Re: OT - 2011 Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 3, 2011 23:38

Sicilian ?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 4, 2011 06:28

Gluttony. With so many going hungry, it seems to me to be an enormous waste...

Date: July 4, 2011 06:35

ChrisM

of a few hundred hot dogs.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 4, 2011 06:40

ChrisM

Oh, please. I knew somebody would start bitching about that.

But back to the topic, I think the most I had was 3, and that was at a doubleheader at Dodger Stadium where both games went 13 innings.

Date: July 4, 2011 06:46

This same gang including Joey Chesnut show up in Buffalo in September for the chicken wing eating contest. Man can these guys and ladies eat.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 4, 2011 06:55

tomk
ChrisM

But back to the topic, I think the most I had was 3, and that was at a doubleheader at Dodger Stadium where both games went 13 innings.

YUMMY!!!!! DODGER DOGS ARE THE GOODEST!!!
==========================================================

OMG, I would not want to be the photographer for this shot (in the line of fire)
You know that look?? ITS GONNA BLOW!!!!!
Edith Grove

These eating contests are a like a train wrecking.....
I really do not want to see it... but it is hard to look away...

Date: July 4, 2011 07:07

Max'sKansasCity
tomk
ChrisM

Yeah, Dodger Dogs are quite good. I think the best dog I had was at old Yankee Stadium a few years ago. Nothing special about it, really, it just hit the spot at the right time. I remember that doubleheader I went to, though. Boy, I ate way too much, and so did my friends (both games went 13 innings--8 hours at the ballpark). Everybody should go to a doubleheader at least once in their life and do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-04 07:09 by tomk.

Date: July 4, 2011 07:09

tomk
Max'sKansasCity
tomk
ChrisM

Yeah, Dodger Dogs are quite good. I think the best dog I had was at old Yankee Stadium a few years ago. Nothing special about it, really, it just hit the spot at the right time. I remember that doubleheader I went to, though. Boy, I ate way too much, and so did my friends (both games went 13 innings--8 hours at the ballpark). Everybody should go to a doubleheader at least once in their life and do that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2011 07:10

FOOD..FOOD.....FOOD .....
Geeeeeeez it's enough ta make a guy just keep on drinkin'........matter of fact I'll have one now

ROCKMAN

Date: July 4, 2011 07:14

Rockman
Geeeeeeez it's enough ta make a guy just keep on drinkin'........matter of fact I'll have one now

ok ok... you talked me into it....
another beer for me tooooo smileys with beer

Date: July 4, 2011 07:15

Rockman

And have a dog to go along with that drink. You might as well. Cheers!

Date: July 4, 2011 07:28

...........no don't go wastin good energy pumpin that rubbish thru ya intestines... might as well just throw it around behind ya 'cause it's already crap.......

ROCKMAN

Date: July 4, 2011 08:38

Rockman
...........no don't go wastin good energy pumpin that rubbish thru ya intestines... might as well just throw it around behind ya 'cause it's already crap.......

Oh, Jesus H. Christ! Sorry. Enjoy your (as Woody Allen said) mashed yeast.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 4, 2011 11:29

Someday there will be weight divisions for competitive eating, just as there are for boxing and wrestling. It strikes me as unfair that Chestnut (220 pounds) and Kobayashi (160) are in the same event.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 4, 2011 11:45

I enjoy hot dogs too much to just stuff 'em down. I actually haven't had one in ages and ages.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 4, 2011 17:22

Why would anyone buy hot dogs when Italian, chorizo, and andouille sausages are just down the deli aisle?

Date: July 4, 2011 19:21

ab
Why would anyone buy hot dogs when Italian, chorizo, and andouille sausages are just down the deli aisle?
THE SAME FUKING REASON PEOPLE ENJOY DIFFERENT THING THAN OTHERS..... THE SAme fuking reason there is vanilla chocolate and strawberry ice cream... the same fuking reason there is different types of music... the same fuking reason...... shall I fuking go on?... NO.

Instead I think I will tune into ESPN and watch this train wreck of a contest and enjoy a ("A", single, one lonely) hot dog myself. I think the best hotdogs (and the only one I will eat are Hebrew National) I am not jewish or anything, but those guys make the best quality hotdogs...

THEN LATER... we will eat some Johnsonville Brats/I.sausages..... before finally grilling up and eating those T-bones in the frig..... life then fireworks...... AND NOW...as Hansie usually advises when I start yelling.... "HAVE A BEER AND RELAX"....... YEAH!!!!!!smileys with beer
IT IS BEEER:30

HAPPY 4TH OF FKN JULY!!!!!

EDIT-
OMG- This is really a disgusting train wreck of a contest, cant watch, cant change the channel...

EDIT 2
Where is Takeru Kobayashi??

FINAL EDIT
AND.... JOEY CHESTNUT EATS 62 HOTDOGS
WINS HIS 5TH STRAIGHT HOTDOG EATING CONTEST!!!!

"Free Kobi!"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-04 19:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 4, 2011 20:03

tomk
ChrisM
Sorry you feel that way Tom and I disagree with your use of the word 'bitching'. To me at least, seeing a bunch of yaboos cram multiple hot dogs down their gullets is a waste of food and time. Your mileage may vary...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-04 20:06 by ChrisM.

Date: July 4, 2011 20:06

ChrisM
tomk
ChrisM
Sorry you feel that way Tom and I disagree with your use of the word 'bitching'. To me at least, seeing a bunch of yaboos cram multiple hot dogs is down their gullets is a waste of food and time. Your mileage may vary...
And you continue to feel obligated to keep posting on various threads dealing with topics you dont like or care about, yet there you are AGAIN... that is called BITCHING.

Date: July 4, 2011 20:13

Max, expressing my opinion on subjects and topics I do not agree with is just that; expressing my opinion. Moreover, in any discussion there are more often than not opposing view points, otherwise the discussion would be one sided and rather boring. You yourself have often done the same as I and many others here have. Your comment then is hypocritical...

Date: July 4, 2011 20:15

and... as I have said to you before....
Max'sKansasCity
....lmao

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 4, 2011 20:24

The original Eating Contest:

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: July 4, 2011 20:26

This contest is a gross display that promotes gluttony and the lowest forms of disgusting eating habits imaginable. It’s sole purpose is to promote Nathan’s name without Nathan’s paying anything for all the free publicity it gets. Millions of advertising dollars each year are saved by the company, who counts on the dumbing down of America to keep the “athletic event” going. This is no more an athetic event than is a flatulence contest. Pigs- the contestants and sponsors of this hideously disgusting display. It’s just a matter of time for one of the contestants to drop dead, on stage, stuffing his/her face, Maybe he’ll fall on the guy from Nathan’s with the “chia pet” hair, who hoist the belt. Who pays the OT the police get for providing a small measure of security? I hope Nathan’s does. My tax dollars should not be used to promote a brand who charges three and a half bucks for a 2 ounce hot dog. I predict that one day Nathan’s and the moronic Major League Eating group headed by George Shea will rue the day this contest began, which, by the way, has not been in existence since 1916.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2011 20:28

This is baloney... .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2011 20:38

Stoneage
This is baloney... .

No, it's hot dogs.

Date: July 4, 2011 23:10

ROCKMAN

Date: July 5, 2011 01:48

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 5, 2011 02:24

ChrisM
tomk
ChrisM
Sorry you feel that way Tom and I disagree with your use of the word 'bitching'. To me at least, seeing a bunch of yaboos cram multiple hot dogs down their gullets is a waste of food and time. Your mileage may vary...
Come on Chris. It's a great american tradtition. Thier are far more examples of waste and gluttony than a silly hot dog eating contest.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 5, 2011 03:19

Joey Chestnut of San Jose Ca. wins his 5th consecutive Nathan's 4th of July hot dog eating contest scarfing down 62 dogs.

[Joey Chestnut wins hot dog eating contest]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home