Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are Stones Misleading Their Fans?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:04

Ahhh, Gazza. So the entire UMe reissue campaign is the 'many', which includes the deluxe Exile. UMe is not part of Ladies & Gentlemen and LSTNT, correct?

After what Mick said about what he considered to be 'for' Exile recordings he's certainly undermined anything for Sticky Fingers.

Going strictly by how Mick stated it, of course.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 14, 2010 14:05

I would imagine that while the UMG reissues, the ABKCO expanded releases and the DVD releases aren't all issued by the same companies, they're all part of the same masterplan - which is that the Stones, as of last year, have finally realised that there's a limited shelf life in endlessly recycling compilations and, considering their reluctance to actually write new material for most of the last 25 years, they've finally woken up to the reality that the future is in putting a fresh coat of paint over their glorious past.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 14, 2010 20:34

mickschix
I agree that they don't us anything

they owe me a personal explanation for SOL

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 15, 2010 03:36

Des
Back to the original post and I only contribute because of some of the comments as they applied to past performace.

First I think the notion the Stones would mislead is crazy. I do however do not see the harm in them keeping alive what are `The Rolling Stones` while they feel out their aging and what it means to a big time touring band. Come on folks, a couples of years on the road, the one thing bands say chew them up. The way life goes it seems the heath fanatics fall dead so we could be surprized by Mick dropping over Keith`s well preserved approach (lol). My point is give them some credit to try to do what Keith needs to do, take the children out.

However, saying that I do beleive ther was something afoot at the end of the second round of the NA BB in Vancouver. A sence as a band for the first time, maybe, we are having trouble pulling this level of show off. These are just bits I noted but consider....on the CD they devoted a segment to the show as the last of the tour yet Europe was ahead. The whole feel of the CD bit and the night was very, hard to explain it, emotional maybe. Why emotional if you will be continuing in the near future. Second, the three song set, out of the blue the band wants to give Keith this, explain that one. The photo of Keith kissing Ronnie at the end of YGTS, I was close enough to see this and they were not happy, possibly the last chance for such a meeting on stage. And lastly I too heard just after the show from someone at the after party that the word was folks had been told no more shows. I left the show with this eary feeling I had just seen an interesting night in the life of a band. All just little bits but it does fit with the cancelled shows adding up to at least the thought that the boys may have had at least a glimmer of their upcoming age limitations.

Give them space and with luck again we can enjoy the children.

Des,

Very interesting comments. What exactly do you think they meant by "no more shows"? Just confirming the end of the ABB NA tour or something more? They did (after all) continue to tour finishing the final leg of ABB in Europe the next summer which I am certain you are aware of.

Date: September 15, 2010 03:44

Gazza
I would imagine that while the UMG reissues, the ABKCO expanded releases and the DVD releases aren't all issued by the same companies, they're all part of the same masterplan - which is that the Stones, as of last year, have finally realised that there's a limited shelf life in endlessly recycling compilations and, considering their reluctance to actually write new material for most of the last 25 years, they've finally woken up to the reality that the future is in putting a fresh coat of paint over their glorious past.

Can't wait to see what's in store for us over the next few years and beyond. If the last five months is any indication we are in for some real treats.

Date: September 15, 2010 04:02

colonial
What alot of nonsense..The Rolling Stones aren't misleading anyone they just aren't like that.If anyone is doing any misleading its the fans misleading each other if ya' ask me.The only person The Stones have probably mislead is the Taxman..but hey'..why not no big deal.
There's a thread on page 8 Whats your favourite Conspiracy Theory?..stick it in there with all the rest of them...cheers mate..smoking smiley

Colonial,

Certainly hope you and I are right. My friend and I now have a bet on this one. You know me, ('The Fortune Teller' and 'Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling'). I think the Stones are going to shock the world with a super new album, although it seems a long shot to think that they would feature it on the next tour. Seems the albums are geared more for us (hardcores) and the tours more for the casual Stones fans and the curious.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:52

stonescrow
Gazza

Can't wait to see what's in store for us over the next few years and beyond. If the last five months is any indication we are in for some real treats.

stonescrow..yea'..my thoughts actually mate.Between now and July 2012 things are certainly looking good..BTW its 22 months to go till their 50th do ya' think it maybe a bit to soon to start the countdown yet..or ya' think I should wait a wee while before I do a thread on it.. cheers..smoking smiley

Date: September 15, 2010 17:19

StonesTod

I second that.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:52

Pokalheld
They don't make much money with the reissues anyway. They make money with touring.

They make money from the brand... The Rolling Stones

Whatever they choose to do, they'll do, either we'll dig it or we wont, same as always really.

Misleading, maybe not, but they have been playing the public since they started, just like almost every band/artist that's ever existed.

grinning smiley

Date: September 15, 2010 17:58

skipstone
StonesTod

I second that.

Since I don't post on here with another name...

I third that.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 15, 2010 18:07

skipstone
skipstone
StonesTod

I second that.

I third that.

i think my vote makes it a necessary quorum. Mick? Keith? we await your excuse for SOL. and it better be a good one!

Date: September 15, 2010 18:08

I'll take a stab at it for Mick:

"I couldn't be bothered to write a good ballad or a good song."

How's that?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 15, 2010 18:15

skipstone
I'll take a stab at it for Mick:

"I couldn't be bothered to write a good ballad or a good song."

How's that?

hmmmm - perhaps he believe his epic Brand New Set of Rules from Dogcrap in the Doorway deserved a fitting sequel?

Date: September 15, 2010 18:20

Listening to Brand New Set Of Rules right now.

I think for the first time ever.

Holy shiot - you're not kidding. It IS a sequel.

eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Date: September 15, 2010 18:21

The VERY end of Brand New Set Of Rules, the lounge tune? Million times better.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 15, 2010 18:36

skipstone
skipstone
StonesTod

I second that.

I third that.

Haha! grinning smiley

Date: September 15, 2010 21:13

colonial
stonescrow
Gazza

stonescrow..yea'..my thoughts actually mate.Between now and July 2012 things are certainly looking good..BTW its 22 months to go till their 50th do ya' think it maybe a bit to soon to start the countdown yet..or ya' think I should wait a wee while before I do a thread on it.. cheers..smoking smiley

Colonial,

Love your enthusiasm mate. I love "countdowns" they add to the drama especially leading up to historical events such as a new Stones album, a new Stones tour, and especially for historic anniversaries such as the one the Stones are rapidly closing in on. On January 1, 2011 the Stones will be entering their 50th year as a band, however, you are correct, their actual official 50th Birthday is still 22 months away. I say once we have confirmation that they are back in the studio then let the countdown (or countdowns) begin!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:26

stonescrow
colonial
stonescrow
Gazza

Colonial,

Love your enthusiasm mate. I love "countdowns" they add to the drama especially leading up to historical events such as a new Stones album, a new Stones tour, and especially for historic anniversaries such as the one the Stones are rapidly closing in on. On January 1, 2011 the Stones will be entering their 50th year as a band, however, you are correct, their actual official 50th Birthday is still 22 months away. I say once we have confirmation that they are back in the studio then let the countdown (or countdowns) begin!

stonescrow..yea'..cheers mate..smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home