Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

So Divine Conjurs Up Paint It Black
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: June 21, 2011 15:49

So Divine on exile rarities - intro notes on So Divine same riff as Paint It Black except in a major key. It was the period in which keith was his most prolific but again an example of taking one song and using the same basic formula to write another song. Other examples Under My Thumb intro conjurs up Gimme Shelter intro. so amny more.

play the guitar boy

Re: So Divine Conjurs Up Paint It Black
Date: June 21, 2011 16:02

The three first notes are spookily alike, but then it turns into something completely else, imo.

I don´t see the a UMT and GS-resemblance UMT, though (except for the chords - if that´s what you mean, we may add One Hit, and Dirty Work there as well).

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: June 21, 2011 17:16

DandelionPowderman
The three first notes are spookily alike, but then it turns into something completely else, imo.

I don´t see the a UMT and GS-resemblance UMT, though (except for the chords - if that´s what you mean, we may add One Hit, and Dirty Work there as well).

If you listen to the guitar riff on the '81/'82 live version of UMT, the connection should become clearer.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 21, 2011 17:52

xke38

If you listen to the guitar riff on the '81/'82 live version of UMT, the connection should become clearer.

Better even: listen to the version of Under my thumb on LiveR than you'll ever be.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home