Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

8 track tape mixes
Posted by: knifeblade ()
Date: June 1, 2011 03:57

Has any one assembled a collection of all the different mixes of stones songs that were on 8 track tapes

Re: 8 track tape mixes
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: June 1, 2011 10:14

not personally but I did hear the 8-track of SG has a completely different version of 'Beast of Burden' with alternate lyrics and a different tempo. Don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, a mp3 would be most welcome. smiling smiley

Date: June 1, 2011 12:32

stevecardi
not personally but I did hear the 8-track of SG has a completely different version of 'Beast of Burden' with alternate lyrics and a different tempo. Don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, a mp3 would be most welcome. smiling smiley

+1!! hot smiley

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 1, 2011 13:14

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:11

stevecardi

Different mix, and features some different vocal snippets, and different background-vocals - and some different guitar-picking....but not at all different tempo or "completely different"

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:32

I assembled them all a few years ago. It was a pain because the 8T sources were of abysmal sonic quality. Another fellow and I worked very hard to de-hiss the recordings and then attempt to bring them up to a reasonable, modern equalization. They are interesting though not radically different. As I recall, Miss You struck me as the most different as it either had, or lacked, a saxophone outro. I'd have to dig it out and play it to be sure.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: June 5, 2011 05:27

Erik_Snow
stevecardi

Different mix, and features some different vocal snippets, and different background-vocals - and some different guitar-picking....but not at all different tempo or "completely different"

Ah, I stand corrected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-05 05:36 by stevecardi.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:21

I own all four big ones send me an email if interested

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 6, 2011 20:29

Someone also pointed out a difference with Black & Blue. I think the track was Cherry Oh Baby, but I can't recall what the difference was, nor do I think anyone ever posted an mp3 or wave of that one.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 02:54

This was always a mystery to me. My first aquisition as a Stones fan was the SG 8-track from Walgreens or Eckerds, one of those drug stores.
Miss You was indeed a different mix, better. It featured a great, sleazy lick from Keith that you can only hear on the extended 12' mix. I always wished I could get a good copy of that mix, but how?
It also featured the 'girls will come and go they're just like street cars...' ad libs.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 9, 2011 06:44

stupidguy2
This was always a mystery to me. My first aquisition as a Stones fan was the SG 8-track from Walgreens or Eckerds, one of those drug stores.
Miss You was indeed a different mix, better. It featured a great, sleazy lick from Keith that you can only hear on the extended 12' mix. I always wished I could get a good copy of that mix, but how?
It also featured the 'girls will come and go they're just like street cars...' ad libs.

Search above ... someone has provided a link to getting the 8-track versions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home