Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are ya' a Seasonal Rolling Stones Fan?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 31, 2011 05:38

As the seasons change throughout the year does ya' choice of Stones albums and DVD's ya' like to listen to change with it.I like to play a few of my favourite albums more than I normally would in the winter months for some reason..Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You..smoking smiley

Re: Are ya' a Seasonal Rolling Stones Fan?
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 31, 2011 07:14

Emotional Rescue always seems to be the first CD I put on when it's warm enough to open the windows and work in the yard.

Goats Head is a Winter album for sure.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 31, 2011 07:43

I generally listen to December's Children in December.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 31, 2011 09:04

I never listens to Emotional Rescue...but Flowers in springtime and Out of our Heads every season...

smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley
Brian Mick Keith

2 1 2 0

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 31, 2011 10:17

It depends upon when they were released. Some Girls and ER, EOMS and GHS are summer albums to me. Undercover is a winter/Christmas album. That's when I first bought them/heard them. Same with singles: Miss You and Satisfaction are summer singles.
I do this with just about every album/single I've owned. For instance, McCartney's Listen To What The Man Said is a great summer single (something the record business don't do anymore). Good Vibrations may seem like a summer single, but it was released in October so it's a better fall/winter record, I think. Sgt. Pepper is better listened to in the summertime. Magical Mystery Tour sounds better in winter.
That's my take, odd as it may seem.

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 31, 2011 11:13

tomk
It depends upon when they were released. Some Girls and ER, EOMS and GHS are summer albums to me. Undercover is a winter/Christmas album. That's when I first bought them/heard them. Same with singles: Miss You and Satisfaction are summer singles.
I do this with just about every album/single I've owned. For instance, McCartney's Listen To What The Man Said is a great summer single (something the record business don't do anymore). Good Vibrations may seem like a summer single, but it was released in October so it's a better fall/winter record, I think. Sgt. Pepper is better listened to in the summertime. Magical Mystery Tour sounds better in winter.

Totally identify with that. But they re-released Good Vibrations in the summer of '76, when I was a kid, so it's always been a summer single to me!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 31, 2011 11:55

I don't play my albums in relation to the seasons but Some Girls & esp. Miss you/Faraway eyes always gives me that same feeling I used to get in the long hot hazy,lazy,sexy summer of '78.............with the Stones on the radio as a main player despite the punks.................yep...Missyou/Faraway eyes double A-side...out in the fresh air planting trees and sowing grass seed with the radio in the background....the sound of summer '78

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-31 11:59 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 31, 2011 12:15

Great albums inspire great memories for me and as such I'll usually harken back to the time that I bought them and usually the good times I remember enjoying hearing them with old friends.

Of course, some of the most evocative memories are created by Stones albums and right now Sticky Fingers - the 1st one I got contemporaneously - and Exile are being played a lot.

Other great spring albums for me are Houses Of The Holy, Physical Graffiti, Aladdin Sane, The Doors' 13, Some Girls (June 8 78), Black And Blue, Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure, the 1st Clash album, and Easter by Patti Smith.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2011 12:29

Pre-war blues always sounds deadlier in the late night hours
and most Jamaican stuff pulls more groove when the sun is ablaze ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 31, 2011 12:53

Any times' a good time for any Stones record.

Whatcha talkin 'bout, colonial ?

Date: May 31, 2011 13:09

Emotional Rescue has worked nicely this spring. Have been listening to it a lot lately.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: May 31, 2011 13:31

colonial
As the seasons change throughout the year does ya' choice of Stones albums and DVD's ya' like to listen to change with it.I like to play a few of my favourite albums more than I normally would in the winter months for some reason..Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You..smoking smiley

Exile has always had a summer feel to me (but I listen to it all year round).

It has been kind of a Memorial Day tradition for me to put a live album from the 1972 tour on the turntable while I cook out on the grill.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 31, 2011 13:39

tomk

I'm the same way but only regarding records I'm old enough to remember hearing when they were first released.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 31, 2011 14:54

absolutely, there are records for the summer etc...

Date: May 31, 2011 16:19

...Yeah;
and I'm a 4 seasons in 1 day-kinda guy.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home