Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Jerry Hall's effort to lay to rest her past with Mick Jagger.
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 7, 2010 13:26

I always thought Anita was very worn looking, not pretty at all; Bianca was a knock out at one time!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 7, 2010 13:34

I thought she had withdrawn from writing a book because all the publishers wanted was salacious details of he r/ship with Mick. And now she has written one after all.

My impression is that Jerry made a bargain with the devil when she hooked up with Mick. She knew what she was getting into, but likely had no idea of how much suffering was in store for her.

But really, they have been apart for nearly 13 years, and Mick has had a very solid and successful r/ship with L'Wren since 2002. Jerry is looking very pathetic indeed, milking her identity as Mick Jagger's ex for well over a decade.

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: September 7, 2010 16:08

I've had a look at Amazon. It seems to be just a book of her photographs. Not an autobiography.
I understand that there was a clause in her 'divorce' settlement that she will not write an autobiography - a sort of 'gagging order' put in place by Mick's lawyers.

Funny that he didn't stop Marianne from writing her book.
He stopped Chrissie Shrimpton from publishing his love letters to her.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 7, 2010 17:13

nkt44
1) I fail to see how any women can be viewed as a 'gold digger' just because she married (or got involved with) a rich and successful man when she stayed with him for 20 years and gave him 4 kids. It's not like he scraped her of the sidewalk. She had a career; she gave it up to stay at home.

That makes most women who married well and decided to stay at home and raise the kids, 'gold-diggers'.

Plus, if Marianne Faithfull is to be believed, Mick didn't WANT his women to work.

2) there is a difference between being unfaithful once or twice and cheating on your partner ALL THE TIME. Or isn't there?

3) I don't agree with the statement that 'no woman who sleeps with him can have any doubt about who and what he is'. I envy people who never made the mistake of thinking that the person they love will change and 'settle down' with them.
How does that make you a predator?

4) Jerry Hall wrote a book - fair play, she's had an interesting life. She needs to promote it. As promo-stunts go, this one is quite subdued.

She seems to be a nice lady. Mick certainly thought so; otherwise he wouldn't have stayed with her for 20 years.
I don't get where all the animosity comes from.

I don't categorise her as a 'gold-digger' for shacking up with Mick and having his children. I do think selling a book about their personal relationship and in particular one which bad-mouths him is cheap and parasitic. Why not earn money in her own right if she is such a successful person, rather than selling stories about a partner who left over a decade ago? The difference between being unfaithful 'once or twice' and all the time is just about numbers; to my mind it makes negative comments about your partners infidelity pretty hypocritical if you do the same, even if less frequently. My point is that Mick is no sexual predator as long as he confines his sexual conquests to women who have been around the block and are under no illusions put there by him as to his views on sexual morality. Men and women may, of course, delude themselves as to their partners capacity for change but I would argue any rational woman, especially one who repeatedly tells us about her high IQ, could hardly have grounds for believing Mick Jagger was likely to either give or expect sexual fidelity in his intimate relationships.

Date: September 7, 2010 17:18

Rip This
Lady Jayne
nkt44
Jerry Hall was a very successful (an rich) model who at the time dated Bryan Ferry. Many women at the time thought she was crazy leaving a 'catch' like Ferry for an old man like Jagger.

She put up with him for 20 years, she gave him kids, she always stood by him; she obviously loved him and was loyal. She is one classy lady. How on earth can anybody say that 'she should shut up'?

As opposed to Marianne Faithfull she did not make a career out of her past relationship with Mick. Marianne only spent about 3 years in his company. Jerry spend most of her adult life with Mick - isn't she allowed to speak about it? It's common knowledge that Mick was unfaithful.

And after 20 years and, what, FOUR kids, all she got was 3 million dollars - which is nothing in comparison to how much money Mick has. Jerry is no predator.

Honestly, comments like that make my blood boil.

I agree that there is no particular reason to bad mouth Ms Hall (or any other of the Stones' Wags!) but let's not twist the facts.
1 - she was engaged to Ferry at the time she took up with Jagger who was still married to Bianca - both cheated on their respective partners so know full well what the other was capable of so far as fidelity is concerned
2 - Jagger is a mere 2 years older than Ferry, way more successful and richer. I don't think many informed people regarded him as 'an old man' at the time.
3. - Jagger was unfaithful - so was Hall (with Robert Sangster that we know of). She largely chose not to work but to live off Mick's money (and lets not hear the 'she was bringing up her family stuff' - at one point they employed two full time nannies)
4. - she got considerably more than $3 million in the annulment proceedings - Downe House alone was worth more than this.
5. - I personally don't regard calling the father of your children 'a dangerous sexual predator' as loyal. It's also inaccurate. Jagger may be a faithless man but no woman who sleeps with him can have any doubt about who and what he is. Those who accept his money as part of the deal are the predators

And Ps - Marianne, as well as actually having some talent of her own apart from posing in photos, was to my mind a far more influential figure on Mick's development as an artist. She can actually talk about the music and the genesis of the Stones because she was there, unlike Jerry who in band terms was just another hanger on.

...some of what you say..the gossipy part could be true but a lot is bull.
Hall was signed to Ford throughout her marriage to Mick. Sometimes he was supportive sometimes not. Add 4 children and what was a lifestyle largely dictated by his schedule and somehow she still managed to get involved with projects and businesses...some successful many not....for someone worth what he's worth and for someone who was his common law wife for 20 years she probably didn't get enough even though she was pretty successful on her own. Finally, if you don't believe Hall's influence on Mick listen to Evening Gown and watch how supportive he is of L'Wren...and old dog can learn new tricks.

My point relates to artistic rather than personal influence. At least you didn't quote "Miss You" as an example of the former but really you can't put EG in the class of Sympathy for the Devil, Wild Horses or any of the stuff Marianne had a hand in. In part that's simply due to chronology - Jerry came into his life after his creative peak was over; same with Keith - I'm sure Patti's influence on his private life is unique but Little T & A hardly measures up to You Got the Silver or Gimme Shelter!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 7, 2010 18:45

An earlier comment said Hall received $3 million from Jagger as settlement. Is that accurate?

Was Jagger and Hall ever legally married?

Date: September 7, 2010 19:20

1cdog
An earlier comment said Hall received $3 million from Jagger as settlement. Is that accurate?

Was Jagger and Hall ever legally married?

Jagger and Hall were never married. The ceremony they participated in was not legal in Bali and was therefore not recognised by the UK either.
The precise details of the annulment settlement were not made public (as was then usual) but have been speculated on by the media. Hall certainly got more than $3m as we do know she got Downe House, then and now worth more than $3 million alone.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 7, 2010 20:04

jamesjagger
<<with all respect, but Wood as an artist is not in one league with Lucian Freud<<<

Woods painting is no art at all. Its as low level mediocore as his guitar playing.

not fair. ron has to be looked at in historical perspective.

oh as a graphic artist or painter, i won't discuss him; i just can't take it that seriously; it's pop iconography fun if you're into it...is as far as i'd go...some of it is nice...blah blah...

but as guitar; not fair.
i would agree with many others that he's OBVIOUSLY wasted at a lot of shows...whatever the psychological battering of playing the same supporting role in a somebody elses soap opera does to you as an original artist of SUPREME stature w Jeff Beck. Those first two albums are impossible to under-rate or under-estimate imo...it gave birth to the next huge metallic step that everybody, almost, including genius' par excellance on his level of vision, assimilated conciously and learned from absorbed immediately. u cant. well I cant. diss any of that foursome. that is incredible music. incredible talent all way round. like the beatles and stones or the kinks or a lot of the uber greats in that THOSE personalities and influences and leanings were ALL uber essential. again in my opinion.

then on to Faces. i saw them live circa 'nod is as good' and 'long player' in a theatre in new york and ron not only held it down, he lifted it up, he made it soar. it was the heaviest heaviest grooviest rhythm guitar i had ever heard in a loud live band. and think of the other guys...again rod from beck group...i won't get into the faces here we all know who they are...or should avail ourselves of the supreme pleasure if not...

...i'm what they say taylorite i guess because i yes worship mick taylor; Rolling Stone. won't get into that here either. only to say...yes i'd have to equivocate to defend a lot of irresponsibility, drunkeness,...his happy clown keith junior act etc...the guy with the hair cut and the uber pose, perfected long before Faces crashed. Faces grew into a stadium band that could almost rival the Stones in power. they WOULD have, had the 1970, 1971 band been in the 'stadium' era where peeps were drawing huge (in those idiotic awful uglyass concrete mass graveyard soupbowls of acoustic morass and mud and fireworks and loud piano and utter bullshit. ok, everybody got to take responsibility for some of that. but i dn't want to get into that here either. just to say...when ron's on...as he WAS w FAces JUST LAST MONTH. he's a beautiful wonder to listen to and watch. his strengths are effective. he's a wonder and a darling. so, it's a tricky thing.
here in junior high school peeps want fan mag fights taylor vs wood. i don't get into that too much if i can help it. so...ron's flaws are obvious, maybe inexcusable in context...ok. i'm there. but...come one...ron wood is a giant of rock and roll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-07 20:07 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 7, 2010 20:31

Lady Jayne

My point relates to artistic rather than personal influence. At least you didn't quote "Miss You" as an example of the former but really you can't put EG in the class of Sympathy for the Devil, Wild Horses or any of the stuff Marianne had a hand in. In part that's simply due to chronology - Jerry came into his life after his creative peak was over; same with Keith - I'm sure Patti's influence on his private life is unique but Little T & A hardly measures up to You Got the Silver or Gimme Shelter!

I agree with you except to say that I think Miss You, along with the rest of Some Girls, is a masterpiece. Alas, its likely inspired by the breakup of his marriage. Which brings up another point about why Jerry Hall annoys me. She has always claimed that Miss You was about her. According to Bill Wyman, Billy Preston and Jagger, it was written during the El Mocambo rehearsals. Its obnoxious when women make claims like this. I realize Jagger must have told her otherwise, but Miss You was probably about his separation from his wife. Seriously, what cojones, to declare that a song is about you.
I think Hall has gotten a pass from the tabloids because they see her as this down-home, heart-of-gold gal from Texas, but she's very clever and knows exactly what she's doing. The photo-memoir is her chance to position herself as Jagger's official ex. Also, i could argue that Evening Gown is a rather cynical, resigned take on a relationship.

Date: September 7, 2010 20:40

KeefintheNight82
stupidguy2
And I was referring to Anita, not Patti, who I think is more beautiful than Anita.

Well, both were Keith's chicks so I guess you answered my question. Keith does have better taste in women.

I'm aware Mick had a thing with Anita.

Actually, Anita had a thing for Mick. And why is this a contest Keef-guy? Dettle down, all their women are lovely, but this is a thread about Jerry Hall's apparent inability to shut up.

Date: September 7, 2010 20:42

bernardanderson
so some of you people are telling jerry to shut up because she's talking smack about mick jagger. hmm.... aren't there parts of keith's upcoming memoir where he talks smack about mick as well? are you going to tell keith to shut up?

I'm waiting for the book to come out because one of my favorite things is calling Keith a back-stabbing prick when he shoots off about Mick. Love the guy, but he's hardly qualified to throw stones.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 7, 2010 20:53

Beelyboy
jamesjagger
<<with all respect, but Wood as an artist is not in one league with Lucian Freud<<<

Woods painting is no art at all. Its as low level mediocore as his guitar playing.

not fair. ron has to be looked at in historical perspective.

oh as a graphic artist or painter, i won't discuss him; i just can't take it that seriously; it's pop iconography fun if you're into it...is as far as i'd go...some of it is nice...blah blah...

but as guitar; not fair.
i would agree with many others that he's OBVIOUSLY wasted at a lot of shows...whatever the psychological battering of playing the same supporting role in a somebody elses soap opera does to you as an original artist of SUPREME stature w Jeff Beck. Those first two albums are impossible to under-rate or under-estimate imo...it gave birth to the next huge metallic step that everybody, almost, including genius' par excellance on his level of vision, assimilated conciously and learned from absorbed immediately. u cant. well I cant. diss any of that foursome. that is incredible music. incredible talent all way round. like the beatles and stones or the kinks or a lot of the uber greats in that THOSE personalities and influences and leanings were ALL uber essential. again in my opinion.

then on to Faces. i saw them live circa 'nod is as good' and 'long player' in a theatre in new york and ron not only held it down, he lifted it up, he made it soar. it was the heaviest heaviest grooviest rhythm guitar i had ever heard in a loud live band. and think of the other guys...again rod from beck group...i won't get into the faces here we all know who they are...or should avail ourselves of the supreme pleasure if not...

...i'm what they say taylorite i guess because i yes worship mick taylor; Rolling Stone. won't get into that here either. only to say...yes i'd have to equivocate to defend a lot of irresponsibility, drunkeness,...his happy clown keith junior act etc...the guy with the hair cut and the uber pose, perfected long before Faces crashed. Faces grew into a stadium band that could almost rival the Stones in power. they WOULD have, had the 1970, 1971 band been in the 'stadium' era where peeps were drawing huge (in those idiotic awful uglyass concrete mass graveyard soupbowls of acoustic morass and mud and fireworks and loud piano and utter bullshit. ok, everybody got to take responsibility for some of that. but i dn't want to get into that here either. just to say...when ron's on...as he WAS w FAces JUST LAST MONTH. he's a beautiful wonder to listen to and watch. his strengths are effective. he's a wonder and a darling. so, it's a tricky thing.
here in junior high school peeps want fan mag fights taylor vs wood. i don't get into that too much if i can help it. so...ron's flaws are obvious, maybe inexcusable in context...ok. i'm there. but...come one...ron wood is a giant of rock and roll
well said. great post !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 7, 2010 20:57

I'm curious to see the Andy Warhol painting or print.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 7, 2010 21:14

stupidguy2
bernardanderson
so some of you people are telling jerry to shut up because she's talking smack about mick jagger. hmm.... aren't there parts of keith's upcoming memoir where he talks smack about mick as well? are you going to tell keith to shut up?

I'm waiting for the book to come out because

one of my favorite things is calling Keith

a back-stabbing prick

when he shoots off about Mick. Love the guy, but he's hardly qualified to throw stones.

welcome to the forum. you're a stones fan right? that's one of your favorite things? not buttons or rainbows or ribbons on kittens?
"a back stabbing prick."

welcome to the forum. sad smiley

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: September 7, 2010 21:32

stupidguy2
bernardanderson

I'm waiting for the book to come out because one of my favorite things is calling Keith a back-stabbing prick when he shoots off about Mick. Love the guy, but he's hardly qualified to throw stones.

Anyone can throw sticks and stones. It's a matter if they hit their mark that qualifies them being thrown in the first place.

CBII

Date: September 7, 2010 21:51

Beelyboy

quote]

welcome to the forum. you're a stones fan right? that's one of your favorite things? not buttons or rainbows or ribbons on kittens?
"a back stabbing prick."

welcome to the forum. sad smiley

Thanks and I like kittens. Did not mean to offend any delicate Stones sensibilities, but the Stones are big boys and do silly things. Wasn't sure of the intent of the message?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 8, 2010 01:13

BLISS, I agree with you totally!

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: September 8, 2010 04:20

proudmary
' Although I loved him and he swore undying love...I felt very unsure of him. I had weaned him off drugs, but they had been replaced by sex.'

she weaned him off drugs ? I find this statement a little confusing as there are more than few references to Mick smoking reefer and/or snorting coke during the late 70's & early 80's (ie SNL rehersals)

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 8, 2010 06:52

I happen to be reading Zoe by Dirk Wittenborn.
This heroine modeled on Jerry?

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 8, 2010 21:16

nkt44
Plus, if Marianne Faithfull is to be believed, Mick didn't WANT his women to work.

quote]

That was Keith, he did not want Anita to work.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 8, 2010 21:45

...a lot of harsh words for Ms Hall. The woman's story is an aspirational one and more even when you account for her roots. She is in the entertainment business as is Jagger and Richards.

Date: September 8, 2010 23:16

Rip This
...a lot of harsh words for Ms Hall. The woman's story is an aspirational one and more even when you account for her roots. She is in the entertainment business as is Jagger and Richards.

She's hardly had a rough time of it, press-wise. From the beginning, the press loved Jerry Hall and the British tabloids treat her like she's royalty. SHe's perfected that "Good ol gal from Texas" bit. She had modest beginnings, so have many and I'm from Texas so I get it. But when she makes claims and constantly talks about Jagger, she's fair game.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 9, 2010 00:12

stoneswashed77
those who accept the money just show normal femal behaviour, nothing special.

Unless I missed it, I can't believe nobody called you out on this. It's "normal female behavior" to just accept money and allow their partner to cheat/treat like crap? Sure it happens, but I don't believe it is normal behavior. I for one wouldn't stand for it. You have a very low opinion of women.

Date: September 9, 2010 00:18

CindyC
stoneswashed77

Unless I missed it, I can't believe nobody called you out on this. It's "normal female behavior" to just accept money and allow their partner to cheat/treat like crap? Sure it happens, but I don't believe it is normal behavior. I for one wouldn't stand for it. You have a very low opinion of women.

I caught that, but gave the benefit of the doubt and assumed "femal" was actually feral behaviour.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 9, 2010 00:27

stupidguy2
CindyC
stoneswashed77

I caught that, but gave the benefit of the doubt and assumed "femal" was actually feral behaviour.

female ferals or all ferals?

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: September 9, 2010 00:55

Print/web media is REALLY running with that "Mick sexual predator" quote.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Date: September 9, 2010 02:39

stateofshock
Print/web media is REALLY running with that "Mick sexual predator" quote.

Perhaps it was taken out of context? Not sure how, but.....
I don't mean to denigrate Miss Hall. I'm small-town Texas too, so its always something to get out of that life. But she does talk alot about private things and that's always a bit self-serving to me. There are other ways to live your life than through the exploits of an ex. And she tends to portray herself as a "victim" and that is ludicrous.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 9, 2010 03:28

nkt44
Jerry Hall was a very successful (an rich) model who at the time dated Bryan Ferry. Many women at the time thought she was crazy leaving a 'catch' like Ferry for an old man like Jagger.

She put up with him for 20 years, she gave him kids, she always stood by him; she obviously loved him and was loyal. She is one classy lady. How on earth can anybody say that 'she should shut up'?

As opposed to Marianne Faithfull she did not make a career out of her past relationship with Mick. Marianne only spent about 3 years in his company. Jerry spend most of her adult life with Mick - isn't she allowed to speak about it? It's common knowledge that Mick was unfaithful.

And after 20 years and, what, FOUR kids, all she got was 3 million dollars - which is nothing in comparison to how much money Mick has. Jerry is no predator.

Honestly, comments like that make my blood boil.

well said.
She has more class than Mick Jagger....

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 9, 2010 13:47

stoneswashed77
jamesjagger

his guitar playing is amazing!!!

this portrait is ugly, don´t like the motif.
Because she's pregnant and mature?
Lucian Freud's an amazing painter and it's a great painting. I love the shape of those pregnant tummies - it's a wonderful shape. Most men find their pregnant wives - and their bellies with their kids inside - wonderful to look at. And it brings out the need to protect their offspring - from somewhere down the old human genes.
You're obviously different.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 9, 2010 15:03

Addicted
stoneswashed77
jamesjagger

his guitar playing is amazing!!!

this portrait is ugly, don´t like the motif.
Because she's pregnant and mature?
Lucian Freud's an amazing painter and it's a great painting. I love the shape of those pregnant tummies - it's a wonderful shape. Most men find their pregnant wives - and their bellies with their kids inside - wonderful to look at. And it brings out the need to protect their offspring - from somewhere down the old human genes.
You're obviously different.

i´m no different. what you got wrong is that only if it´s your kid it is beautiful.

for other men pregnant women are anything but appealing. it would be quite sick to find a pregnant woman appealing actually. that´s a fact!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home