Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith´s hard feelings not only with Mick
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:28

Throughout LIFE and lots of interviews, etc i can feel some kind of resentment from Keith with Ronnie. Obviously they are not as close as they used to be and Keith doesnt even take Ronnie in account when he is talking about future plans for the Stones. All is Mick and Charlie....
Could it be that there is a bigger gap between them nowadays that we can imagine?

Re: Keith´s hard feelings not only with Mick
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:32

no----I think Woodie is always ready and willing to go back on the road. Its always been Mick
or Charlie who has to want to go back on the road.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:33

How about that Cammel guy? "The only joy that guy gets out of life is when he's @#$%& someone else up."

I can relate. I work with a guy like that. The little bitch is sitting right next to me as I post this. grinning smiley

Posted by: ChrisM ()

hot stuff
no----I think Woodie is always ready and willing to go back on the road. Its always been Mick
or Charlie who has to want to go back on the road.
This has little to do with what varilla was asking...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()

I wouldn't be surprised, but I thought someone on this board posted info from Promotone B. V. showing that Ronnie was not an officer like Mick, Keith, and Charlie are. I'm not sure whether that was a recent development, but that was my impression that once he became a fully-vested member with Bill's departure that his name appeared as an officer and that a couple years ago that changed. That alone might account for why Keith only references Mick and Charlie with future decisions. Someone with a better memory or knowledge might be able to confirm or correct this.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:46

Edith Grove
How about that Cammel guy? "The only joy that guy gets out of life is when he's @#$%& someone else up."

I can relate. I work with a guy like that. The little bitch is sitting right next to me as I post this. grinning smiley

LOL. But don't do like Keith and tell him to "take the gentleman's way out" -- it'll f*#* up your karma.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 20, 2011 19:48

the colonial...is this you ?

Date: May 20, 2011 20:51

Who is Keith´s closest pal nowadays? He always need a brother beside him

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 20, 2011 20:54

Edith Grove
The little bitch is sitting right next to me as I post this.

LOL, did you smile at him when you posted this ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2011 00:00

varilla

Excellent remark and I think his brother-like presence is brought to him by... his girlfriends.
Look at all of them : they all have this masculine side (Anita Lil Patti) while jagger tends to prefer "dolls" (Bianca Jerry Carla B.)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 21, 2011 01:56

I think Keith knows you have to have Mick and Charlie on board or it doesn't matter what Ron does. And I think Keith looks at him, Mick and Charlie as the 'true' Rolling Stones, after Bill left.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2011 02:16

24FPS
I think Keith knows you have to have Mick and Charlie on board or it doesn't matter what Ron does. And I think Keith looks at him, Mick and Charlie as the 'true' Rolling Stones, after Bill left.

...as evidenced by the recent Exile promotion, I would say that's true. And I agree...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 21, 2011 02:18

varilla
Throughout LIFE and lots of interviews, etc i can feel some kind of resentment from Keith with Ronnie. Obviously they are not as close as they used to be and Keith doesnt even take Ronnie in account when he is talking about future plans for the Stones. All is Mick and Charlie....
Could it be that there is a bigger gap between them nowadays that we can imagine?

One is drinking and the other isn't.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 21, 2011 03:18

Brue
varilla

One is drinking and the other isn't.

One is publicly performing and the other isn't!

Date: May 21, 2011 03:22

STFU the rapture is coming!

Posted by: agorachief ()
Date: May 21, 2011 03:39

From what I've heard, if any member can be blamed for their not touring, it's Ron Wood, but it wouldn't surprise me if Charlie's reservations and Keith's damaged health also contribute to the lack of activity in recent years.

While reading K. Richards' LIFE I noticed a bit or hostility towards Wood. A lot of it may have more to do with how Keith was doing on the day he dictated his memoirs into his recording device. For as many incidents in the book when he seems gregarious & friendly, there are dang near just as many times when he comes across as petty and harsh. It's an interesting read - have read it twice - but it doesn't take long to realize that Keith isn't always the most consistent cat.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 21, 2011 08:33

dcba
varilla

Excellent remark and I think his brother-like presence is brought to him by... his girlfriends.
Look at all of them : they all have this masculine side (Anita Lil Patti) while jagger tends to prefer "dolls" (Bianca Jerry Carla B.)

While he may have a history of "dolls," Jagger seems to spend a lot of time with an Amazon drag queen in recent years.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: May 21, 2011 08:36

While reading Nick Kent's "Apathy For The Devil," he talks about how it was Jagger who got Ronnie to join up. I read LIFE and promptly gave it away. One of the worst books I've ever read.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 21, 2011 14:49

dcba
varilla

Isn't the new pal the pirate guy? Forgot the name, but we saw quite a few pictures of them joining up.

Date: May 23, 2011 21:52

Yeah, i think Johnnie Depp is a big pal nowadays. I hope Steve Jordan takes up.
No more hollywood!! Alittle bit of rock and roll......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home