Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones To Perform At 2012 Olympics!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 3, 2011 21:43

Musicrooms.net

Re: Rolling Stones To Perform At 2012 Olympics!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 3, 2011 21:44

Here we go again.eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 3, 2011 21:53

Hope not!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 3, 2011 22:14

The Rolling Stones, Coldplay and Girls Aloud are being lined up to perform at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

A star-studded concert is scheduled to be held at The O2 in the UK next year and organisers are keen to secure top music acts. Girls Aloud are currently on a break while they pursue solo projects, but the group – comprising of Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts – believe the show would be the perfect event to reunite for.

"The girls are getting very excited. The promoters are only looking to book massive, show-stopping acts, which they would be perfect for,” a source told British newspaper The Sun. "They would tick the pop box while The Rolling Stones would appeal to a much wider audience."

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin is a huge fan of Girls Aloud and is believed to be keen to see them on the bill.

It was recently reported the 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremony will feature a performance from a supergroup featuring top British music stars. The event, which will be directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Danny Boyle, is rumoured to include a group made up of Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Sir Mick Jagger and John Lydon.

It has also been revealed The Spice Girls are keen to reform again and perform at the opening ceremony.

Geri Halliwell thinks the girl group would be the perfect act to warm up the crowd at the prestigious sporting event.

“The Spice Girls are part of me and always will be. If it happened and felt natural and right, then I’m always open to singing with the other girls,” Geri said. “Singing at the Games is a great idea and would be an amazing opportunity – and it’s a sign the Brits are back. This is our time. Everything is circular and now there’s a British pop revival.”

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 3, 2011 22:19

mtaylor
The event, which will be directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Danny Boyle, is rumoured to include a group made up of Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Sir Mick Jagger and John Lydon.

I cannot even begin to imagine how badly this would suck.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 3, 2011 22:34

drbryant
mtaylor
The event, which will be directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Danny Boyle, is rumoured to include a group made up of Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Sir Mick Jagger and John Lydon.

I cannot even begin to imagine how badly this would suck.

And Keith will be fuming, probably spoling the anniversary tour in 2012. smileys with beer

Date: May 3, 2011 23:03

PLEASE make these rumours stop. I'm begging you. Every @#$%& week the same thing. I'd rather be attacked by a team of Navy seals then have another Stones will play the Olympics thread.thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-04 00:10 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 3, 2011 23:16

Who the f is Girls Aloud? Here in the States we've never heard of them. Wikepedia claims they reshaped British Pop Music for the 2000s. Okay, I'm going to look them up on YouTube. Oh, I get it, The Pussycat Dolls, but they can't dance and don't have a standout personality. Why bother reuniting the Spice Girls? Just have these twats do their old material. Is anybody dying to see a 40-year-old Gerri Halliwell?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2011 23:30

stonescrow
Musicrooms.net

Thats it settled then.

For this week anyway.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 3, 2011 23:36

Drbryant- ha!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2011 23:39

24FPS
Who the f is Girls Aloud? Here in the States we've never heard of them. Wikepedia claims they reshaped British Pop Music for the 2000s. Okay, I'm going to look them up on YouTube. Oh, I get it, The Pussycat Dolls, but they can't dance and don't have a standout personality. Why bother reuniting the Spice Girls? Just have these twats do their old material. Is anybody dying to see a 40-year-old Gerri Halliwell?

as utterly shite as Girls Aloud undoubtedly are, their profile (or that of anyone) in the States is pretty irrelevant considering the point of the event is to er..showcase London to the world.

Meaningless anyway, they've pretty much split up - even more so than the Stones have!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-03 23:40 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 3, 2011 23:49

sweetcharmedlife
PLEASE make these rumours top.

I guess you mean stop ? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 4, 2011 00:10

Rolling Hansie
sweetcharmedlife
PLEASE make these rumours top.

I guess you mean stop ? smiling smiley
Oops. Indeed I do Hansie.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2011 00:33

Girls Aloud 2012 Tour...done deal!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 4, 2011 09:54

Ignore it, it's bollocks. The Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, and the Rolling Stones ... all doin' their thang at an Olympics ceremony. I don't think so, gimme a break. It's our great British press taking complete and utter leave of its senses yet again.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 4, 2011 10:11

Exactly the same "news" that popped up a few months ago. And where does it say that "The Rolling Stones" will perform??

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 4, 2011 10:52

paulywaul
it's bollocks

smiling smiley I think there is no better way to say it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: May 4, 2011 11:12

24FPS
Who the f is Girls Aloud? Here in the States we've never heard of them.
Neither have we in the Netherlands. It must be a British thing...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 4, 2011 11:38

FreeBird
24FPS
Who the f is Girls Aloud? Here in the States we've never heard of them.

Neither have we in the Netherlands. It must be a British thing...eye rolling smiley[/quote

Have you heard of Cheryl Cole? She's the main Girl Aloud. She was married to the footballer Ashley Cole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-04 11:38 by Thricenay.

Date: May 4, 2011 14:36

...didn't know shooting pool was considered an Olympic discipline these days...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 4, 2011 14:47

vs.

What's the biggest event? Stones on H2O Arena or Olympic Games in London?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: May 4, 2011 16:10

I'm aware this is a rumor. But I wouldn'r be surprised at all if it later came out that The Stones have been or are currently being approached about playing at the Olympics.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 4, 2011 16:35

KeefintheNight82
I'm aware this is a rumor. But I wouldn'r be surprised at all if it later came out that The Stones have been or are currently being approached about playing at the Olympics.

KeefintheNight82..yea'.. It would'nt surprise me either ya' know.Boris Johnson the London mayor is just the sort of person to approach The Stones about doing a gig at the Olympics.Boris likes a good time..yea'..smoking smiley

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 4, 2011 17:15

payback is a bitch

Date: May 4, 2011 17:18

chelskeith
payback is a bitch

What does this refer to?

Date: May 4, 2011 17:24

colonial
KeefintheNight82

KeefintheNight82..yea'.. It would'nt surprise me either ya' know.Boris Johnson the London mayor is just the sort of person to approach The Stones about doing a gig at the Olympics.Boris likes a good time..yea'..smoking smiley

I'm sure they are approached about a lot of things we never hear about. And I'm also sure they turn down a lot of things, festivals, benifit shows, appearances at this or that, individually and as a group.

It's not unreasonable to think the idea of them playing the Olympics in London had not been suggested or discussed. But there's no reason to think they will be there unless an official announcement were made and it seems very unlikely that it would happen unless they are touring at that time. That's all I meant.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 4, 2011 19:22

Maybe at the 2012 Paralympics.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 4, 2011 20:00

Rolling Hansie
paulywaul
it's bollocks

smiling smiley I think there is no better way to say it.

Oh, Hansie, please say it ain't so! Oh well, as long as were playing somewhere in 2012 that is really all that matters, right?cool smiley

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:20

Maybe Keith can light the torch with his cig.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home