Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
semi OT: J Geils Band concerts just announced
Date: April 22, 2011 20:09

just fyi on presale right now .. pw is "band"
good seats.. with buddy guy at Jones Beach and BB King

[funkyjudge.net]

Re: semi OT: J Geils Band concerts just announced
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 22, 2011 20:13

Man I wish they'd come out west.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: April 22, 2011 22:19

Who's in the band?

What a stupid breakup they had, at the top of their hard earned success....

Date: April 22, 2011 22:44

everyone's in the band as far as i know..except for the drummer... not sure what his deal is..

i will be at this show... for $120 getting a 10th row almost center ticket for bb king/geils and buddy guy

this will probably be my concert of the summer..

never seen bb either.. show does have a bit of a "catch them before they croak" feel but what can i do? i'm getting older too..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 22, 2011 23:05

stoned in washington dc
everyone's in the band as far as i know..except for the drummer... not sure what his deal is..

i will be at this show... for $120 getting a 10th row almost center ticket for bb king/geils and buddy guy

this will probably be my concert of the summer..

never seen bb either.. show does have a bit of a "catch them before they croak" feel but what can i do? i'm getting older too..

in which case, maybe it's a "catch 'em before YOU croak" deal....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 22, 2011 23:47

I didn't realize they are not in the R&R Hall of Fame...One of their greatest songs:

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 23, 2011 00:09

sweetcharmedlife

I hope they do.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 23, 2011 00:24

MKjan
sweetcharmedlife

I hope they do.

Maybe they don't even know their own band's popularity? For example, if they were to play one of the rock festivals such as Glastonbury, or Hyde Park (televised by Palladia); wouldn't that put them back in the stage light ..so to speak??

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: April 23, 2011 00:48

This may sound like a stupid question, but is Peter Wolf part of J Geils anymore; and will he be at these two shows?

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: April 23, 2011 03:42

Yes

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:07

saw them last year . FREAKIN AWESOME LIVE BAND !!

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:08

Stephen Jo Bladd has a back condition that prevents him from playing the drums for the reunion shows.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:15

Saw these guys a half dozen times back in the early to mid 70's. Great band...fun time!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:17

Is this a one off thing because I don't see anything else announced. That website is just a blog for a fansite.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:42

from what I can see it does appear to be just that.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 23, 2011 21:03

It's going to be an old man version of this.

Date: April 24, 2011 00:49

there may be a tour in August... I'm hearing they are starting in Boston...

Date: April 24, 2011 01:14

stoned in washington dc
there may be a tour in August... I'm hearing they are starting in Boston...
[networkedblogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-24 01:26 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: April 24, 2011 01:16

I'm going to wait for an official annoucement, although the Jones Beach and PNC art Center shows are listed on Live Nation.com

Love J. Geils. Just think the ticket prices for Jones/PNC are outrageous.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 24, 2011 01:35

The demand for a J. Geils reunion isn't widely shared unfortunately. I saw the 1999 reunion tour at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA. Yeah, it was 105 degrees outside, but there were only about 500 people in a place that holds 23,000. The performance was excellent, but it was sad with the place so empty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-24 21:02 by ab.

Date: April 24, 2011 04:20

marchbaby
I'm going to wait for an official annoucement, although the Jones Beach and PNC art Center shows are listed on Live Nation.com

Love J. Geils. Just think the ticket prices for Jones/PNC are outrageous.

how much is the lawn?

out of curiosity how much would you expect to pay normally for bb king, geils, buddy guy?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 24, 2011 17:00

August can't get here fast enough

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 00:23

I heard the 99 reunion tour was a terrible bust (other than musically). They threw a lot away, financially, when Peter walked away at their commercial peak. They should have been in 1200-2000 seat venues and packed most of them, not arenas that they would have played in 1982.

Date: April 26, 2011 01:59

buffalo7478
I heard the 99 reunion tour was a terrible bust (other than musically). They threw a lot away, financially, when Peter walked away at their commercial peak. They should have been in 1200-2000 seat venues and packed most of them, not arenas that they would have played in 1982.

well but thats the issue: getting the promoter to guarantee them money...
if they can get the guarantees then they'll play.. if not they won't

its up to the promoters at this point...

personally i know i'm not the only one who wants to see them but i'm not sure who else does..there's certainly worse ways to spend a summer night than with the j geils band!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 26, 2011 07:29

buffalo7478

And even without Wolf, You're Getting Even While I'm Getting Odd was not that bad of an album.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 27, 2011 03:09

I once promoted a show of theirs from the Freeze Frame tour. Very very very well run organization at that time. Great road manager and crew, no bullshit demands. Then they went out and put on a killer show.

I got to see Peter Wolf on his current tour and he has not lost a thing. One of the best shows I have ever seen, by any band...1000x better than I expected. His latest CD is brilliant.

Date: April 27, 2011 04:19

buffalo7478
I once promoted a show of theirs from the Freeze Frame tour. Very very very well run organization at that time. Great road manager and crew, no bullshit demands. Then they went out and put on a killer show.

I got to see Peter Wolf on his current tour and he has not lost a thing. One of the best shows I have ever seen, by any band...1000x better than I expected. His latest CD is brilliant.

yeah i saw wolf solo last year.. really really good (the stories/banter is the best of any performer)...very heartening as it means the geils show should be great..

just want to see geils band for once and i will finally!

must have been great being a rock promoter!

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: April 27, 2011 04:56

ab
The demand for a J. Geils reunion isn't widely shared unfortunately. I saw the 1999 reunion tour at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA. Yeah, it was 105 degrees outside, but there were only about 500 people in a place that holds 23,000. The performance was excellent, but it was sad with the place so empty.

Sorry to correct you, but, there were over 11,000 tickets sold for that show. Every seat was filled. The lawn was a different story. That show rocked!! I was there.

Date: April 27, 2011 05:06

stonesriff
ab

Sorry to correct you, but, there were over 11,000 tickets sold for that show. Every seat was filled. The lawn was a different story. That show rocked!! I was there.

wow thanks for this correction!

Date: April 27, 2011 05:20

stoned in washington dc
stonesriff
ab

wow thanks for this correction!
Yeah I think they could consistently fill 3-5000 seat theatres. I'd much rather see that than a shed tour packaged with other bands.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home