Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Whats your favourite Stones Conspiracy Theory?
Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:10

R
dead.flowers
R
That the 1975 Arkansas bust actually involved a pound of smack and a loaded gun, not a knife and some reefer, and that the Stones added three dates at the end of the tour (which they did) in order to balance the budget of little Fordyce, Arkansas for a decade.

That sounds interesting. Can we have some mo'?

Came to my ears, circa '76, from the lips of a prominent (though now forgotten) Midwestern album rock DJ who'd spent a couple weeks being wined and dined in LA with music biz bigshots. I've proffered it here before only to have it dismissed out of hand by the 'know-it-alls.' The Stones DID cancel the three South American dates on their '75 Tour of The AMERICAS and replaced them with shows in the US, including a return to Buffalo, New York. One expert sniffed to me that the dates were canceled for logistical reasons which, one would think, would have been settled before undertaking a Tour of The AMERICAS.

'75 Arkansa car ride Fred Slesser got pinned for some drugs
Keith for exposed weapon ie the knife

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:12

No, it's a bit stupid that I post this.........just forget it..

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:13

This is a brilliant thread, best for months...keep em coming

Date: August 31, 2010 22:35

NICOS

if you insist.

regarding John Jaymeson at the time the stones
didn't know what his real responsilbility was,
according to Cutler's book.

regarding Nights of Columbus
Mervin Belli was behind that

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:43

got nothing else to do???
give it a wa..

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 31, 2010 23:19

Keefy
dancingmisterd
Not really a Stones conspiracy per se but the rumor that the CIA passed out bad acid at Altamont. And according to Sam Cutler the Mafia & the Knights of Columbus were also involved -- somehow.
I think i beleive this one...

That is so funny! I was gonna post on the Gimme Shelter Gun thread a bunch of piss-take conspiracies (as it was getting way out there)...and the CIA bit was one! I was also gonna add that Dick Carter was an ex-CIA guy and the dog that walked across the stage was trained by the CIA to attack Mick during Stray Cat Blues. And the lady collecting money for Panther defense fund? She must fit into this somewhere.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 31, 2010 23:31

crumbling_mice
This is a brilliant thread, best for months...keep em coming
crumbling mice..ya' haven't heard nothing yet mate..ya' wait to Mitchflorida gets started on subject of Conspiracy theories..

Date: August 31, 2010 23:37

tomk
Keefy
dancingmisterd
Not really a Stones conspiracy per se but the rumor that the CIA passed out bad acid at Altamont. And according to Sam Cutler the Mafia & the Knights of Columbus were also involved -- somehow.
I think i beleive this one...

That is so funny! I was gonna post on the Gimme Shelter Gun thread a bunch of piss-take conspiracies (as it was getting way out there)...and the CIA bit was one! I was also gonna add that Dick Carter was an ex-CIA guy and the dog that walked across the stage was trained by the CIA to attack Mick during Stray Cat Blues. And the lady collecting money for Panther defense fund? She must fit into this somewhere.

Right. The dog that walked across the stage
that's my favorite part in the movie
Seriously John Jaymeson is the conspirator.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 31, 2010 23:42

NICOS

NICOS!!

If you don't wanna you don't hafta winking smiley

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: September 1, 2010 02:17

Isn't anybody going to mention Keith's transfusions? When he had ALL of his blood pumped out and replaced to beat the drugs rap.
I'm sure I read it somewhere.
They even had that story mentioned in one of the CSI episodes.

The Mars bar story was a horrible rumour to spread about a 21 year old girl. I've always felt sorry for Marianne.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: September 1, 2010 02:59

nkt44
Isn't anybody going to mention Keith's transfusions? When he had ALL of his blood pumped out and replaced to beat the drugs rap.

The Mars bar story was a horrible rumour to spread about a 21 year old girl. I've always felt sorry for Marianne.

Didn't the "transfusion story" begin with Tony Sanchez in Up and Down With the Rolling Stones?

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 1, 2010 04:19

Keefan
I find the occult stuff to be quite interesting. This is all over the web, but I copied it from [www.av1611.org]

"A key link between the Rolling Stones and the Process Church is Kenneth Anger, a follower of the "founding father" of modern Satanism, Aleister Crowley. Anger, born in 1930, and a child Hollywood movie star, became a devoted disciple of Crowley."
crowley was not a satanist. that's a misconception.
also, kenneth anger isn't a satanist.
also, the title of the film is "invocation OF my demon brother" not to my demon brother.
that article is stupid. the author doesn't seem to realize that there's a difference between satanism and occultism and magick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-01 04:27 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: September 1, 2010 05:44

nkt44

Keith has certainly allowed the legend of the transfusions to live on, in certain interviews he has claimed it to be true!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 1, 2010 06:04

That 71 Tele and Micksbrain are actually the same person.....Sorry couldn't resist.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 2, 2010 11:44

colonial
I suppose all the Conspiracy theories people might think they have on The Rolling Stones..is nothing compared to the
Nixon vs Lennon one..eye rolling smiley

I wonder what Mick and the others must of thought of all that nonsense Richard Nixon was coming out with about their good friend John Lennon.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home