Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Stones Tour with no new album..That's OK by me..
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 31, 2010 13:21

They'll do a new album anyway.
Partly becuse it's contracted...
but mostly because it's part of what they do...and after all these yaers it's easier to keep doing it than it is to stop ;^)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2010 17:48

Spud
They'll do a new album anyway.
mostly because it's part of what they do...and

it's been something they've done one whole time in 13 years....yeah, they can't stop themselves....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 31, 2010 17:51

Hopefully, if they do a new LP, it will only be 8 to 10 songs instead of 16 or whatever.

Date: August 31, 2010 17:53

skipstone
Hopefully, if they do a new LP, it will only be 8 to 10 songs instead of 16 or whatever.

why keep your hopes so modest? let's hope it will only be 2-4 songs....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 31, 2010 18:12

if the stones limit their songs per LP will you limit your posts?

Date: August 31, 2010 18:18

ablett
if the stones limit their songs per LP will you limit your posts?

i can't speak for skippy, but i will limit my posts but have further bandwidth to expand the length of each post. i will not cheat the forum on a the overall number of characters posted; so fear not....

Date: August 31, 2010 18:21

Ok, just keep working on the 'humour' if you can dear boy..... can get rather tiresome as it presently stands.

Date: August 31, 2010 18:24

ablett
Ok, just keep working on the 'humour' if you can dear boy..... can get rather tiresome as it presently stands.

you got it! anything for my dear ablett! cheers!

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 31, 2010 18:47

I agree with Skipstone. At this point, just concentrate on releasing stuff from the archives. There's no need for new material when they have so much old stuff still waiting to be released.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 31, 2010 21:48

no new recording, no point in touring. period.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:00

need new music with that there supposed tour
or we wont go...

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:06

Gazza
colonial
If The Stones were to Tour with no new album would you be disappointed? I wouldn't be really I would be just happy to see The Stones again and I think most people would feel the same way.

Have you no degree of ambition for your favourite band at all ?

I was waiting for you, Gazza--thank you and amen...

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: August 31, 2010 22:45

I want the "dirty blues album" and a tour.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 31, 2010 23:16

copsnrobbers
need new music with that there supposed tour
or we wont go.

copsnrobbers..99.9% of people that go to Stones concerts or people that want to go for the first time are quite happy to hear all the warhorses and The Rolling Stones know that.And if The Stones play a few songs they don't normally do then that would be good..but if they don't its no big deal.Why should The Rolling Stones play songs they've never or hardly played before just to please a few die hard moaning IORR Fans.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 31, 2010 23:50

It should be a shame if they don't make a new album...Only archives material?!They aren't able to make new music anymore?!No new stuff, no Tour!!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 1, 2010 00:02

New stuff and a tour please.

When they can't tour any more then open the archives fully!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 1, 2010 15:53

guess there will be another greatest hits, with a few new songs.
Maybe the Some Girls Deluxe.
Just hope they wont play the Amsterdam Arena.
And new songs are more than welcome.
jeroen

Date: September 1, 2010 16:06

They have a new label, have had a N°1 in the charts with a reissue...Universal will wants a new studio album of new material to promote for a new number one in the charts all over the world!Rolling Stones are a "current" band, not a revival band of sixties, Universal wants give the band and her new music to a new generation of fans...Surely!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 1, 2010 18:22

colonial

99.9% of people that go to Stones concerts or people that want to go for the first time are quite happy to hear all the warhorses and The Rolling Stones know that.And if The Stones play a few songs they don't normally do then that would be good..but if they don't its no big deal.

What absolute nonsense.

Seriously. Out of a crowd of 50,000 people, you're suggesting only a few dozen want to hear anything beyond the same hits theyve witnessed being played to death on the last couple of tours? Wise up.

If what you say is true, how did this band manage to top the album charts with a reissue and sell 200 million records worldwide? How did they manage to get audiences to come back tour after tour despite playing shows which mostly deviated from warhorses leaden setlists?

colonial

Why should The Rolling Stones play songs they've never or hardly played before just to please a few die hard moaning IORR Fans?

Because every other band on the planet takes chances and freshen things up from one tour to the next?

Have you ever seen a Rolling Stones setlist prior to 2005 or even 2002?

Here's a thought. Maybe the Stones should play what they want. It probably wont be close to the warhorses setlist that you imagine they have to play for fear of having a mass walk-out on their hands.

But hey, lets pay $500 for a nosebleed and 'just be happy' they turned up, like you suggest. No doubt everyone else will have the same lofty expectations for their money. No one deserves any better than that.

There's one born every minute.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-01 19:02 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 1, 2010 18:35

Mick has said before he views creating new music and performing as two very different things. The only correlation of album and tour is that without the tour, they sell less albums. The album title becomes the tour concept. That's why we haven't had a title track for a Stones album since DIRTY WORK. The concept is too important to stage design and market branding to risk tying it to a song you're not going to play much anyway.

Mick has also stated he dislikes seeing the audience get up and go for a beer or bathroom break. That's acceptable treatment for Keith's two-song set, but Mick gets pissed when he doesn't have the audience's undivided attention. That's why we see few ballads and fewer new songs. War Horses are safe for stadium play. While I agree wholeheartedly that I would pay money happily to see them really tour a new album or dig into their back catalog and only get a handful of warhorses, it's also not likely to happen. The closest we'll come is the LICKS tour and I suspect we'll never see that variety again.

Date: September 1, 2010 19:41

I'd take a leaf out of Macca's book, look what his latest gigs consist of (best gig I've been to in years) rehearse like you mean it then you could be talking....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 1, 2010 19:44

ablett
I'd take a leaf out of Macca's book, look what his latest gigs consist of (best gig I've been to in years) rehearse like you mean it then you could be talking....
Yeah your right. He takes stuff all throughout his carer. He doesn't change the setlist that much. But when it's that good to begin with and played as well as it is. It doesn't really matter.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: September 1, 2010 23:13

would love the stones to release a great new album to rival the best, then to tour doing great and varied setlists then open the vaults and do another new album and tour.

but it aint going to happen so whatever keeps the stones rolling will have to suffice.

so a tour with no album would be ok by me.

better to see them tour than not at all.

Date: September 1, 2010 23:31

Another Vegas Tour with only warhorse and without new stuff?!?It'd be better stop...

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 1, 2010 23:42

Better stop? Don't stop!

Seriously, I saw the recent Macca show in Toronto, and though I could have done without the Wings stuff, he was WAY better than 6 years ago. Instead of looking like a museum-piece, playing only what he thought the audience wanted, he was a working musician, playing some deep catalog songs and enjoying himself. The second 1/2 (and it was almost 3 hours) was like a Springsteen concert: oddities, a pipe and drum corps coming up, and remarkable energy, including a killer Helter Skelter. (Ooops, bad pun, sorry.)

I'd probably go see the Stones anyway, but I'd be much happier if they would play what they wanted to play, with some of the warhorses, instead of playing only what they think the audience wants to hear. It would have a hell of a lot more energy, and everyone would notice and enjoy that.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 2, 2010 08:28

Knocking having a shorter ie hopefully more solid or just plain ol' solid album over having 16 tracks of an album?

That shit is done. Good albums (listenable, attention span mindful, considerably less filler/clunkers) have gone back to being 45 minutes. That's what I mean. Although I like A Bigger Bang, they really could have left half the tracks off of it. It would have been a "better" album and, well, there are some tunes that wouldn't be missed.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 15, 2021 00:41

I heard new cd out Dec

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-15 00:41 by babyblue.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 15, 2021 00:50

babyblue

I heard new cd out Dec

A better thread for this info/rumor - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2021 01:03

Ha! Fooled me by digging this old thread up.

Same conversation over a decade later.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 15, 2021 01:58

They haven’t had one album of new material in the last 24 years.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home