Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Stones Tour with no new album..That's OK by me..
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2010 10:54

If The Stones were to Tour with no new album would you be disappointed? I wouldn't be really I would be just happy to see The Stones again and I think most people would feel the same way.

Re: Stones Tour with no new album..That's OK by me..
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 30, 2010 11:09

I would love a new album but I would be more pleased of a new tour than a new album if I had to choose.

I don't blame them if the don't come up with a new album. Who the @#$%& cares about album nowadays? You and me and som more that find it interesting with twelve new songs in a specific order that the band has decided.

Younger people don't seem to give a shit about albums. They don't have the energy to listen to a new album. Maybe pick two songs and put them in a playlist together with other songs.

PS. I'm not bitter and I dont want to be unfair to young people. Not everybody is like I have described, of course. But the way of listening to music has changed.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 30, 2010 11:44

They'll tour behind something, surely? If anyting, just so there is an excuse to hit the road. It should'nt be like that, but it seems to be how they operate. They seemingly need a release to promote a tour and I'm sure this trend will continue into the next one.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 30, 2010 11:47

I want a new album! and a Tour, and the line-up Mick-Keith-Mick-Bill-Charlie.

smoking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2010 11:53

Come On
I want a new album! and a Tour, and the line-up Mick-Keith-Mick-Bill-Charlie.

smoking smiley
Come On..With that line-up ya' got about as much chance as Babroon Bro making a guest appearence on IORR..

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 30, 2010 13:32

I'd pick a new album over a new tour these days.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 14:06

I'm sure that, from their point of view, it'd be a "waste" of a tour not to have accompanying product to promote.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 30, 2010 14:29

I'd be really happy to see them without a new album. That said, I'd love to see them doing the rarely played tunes from Exile, Sticky, Beggars,and Let It Bleed. Yep, the rarely perfortmed tunes from the four great albums.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:43

Well, I bet the stour/shows would be awsome, but with no new material people would look abck on this touras something "boring" compared to the tours were they've had new material. At least they could play some rarities/never played before songs. How bout that?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:43

i'd prefer with a new album, and play a big number of songs of it during the next tour. a bigger bang was a good one ( if , for example,you compare it with the last springsteen or u2 last albums) , but only few songs have been played live

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:51

They could do a single and tour "for" it. No need for a new album. No need for another @#$%& hits comp either. All that matters at this point is archive releases.

But it's pretty safe to say if they do a new album they'll ignore it on a tour "for it" with the exception to one song.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:55

A whole album show would be excellent. The entire Exile on Mainstreet, Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed or any of the other classics would be outstanding.

CBII

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:58

I want new material or newly released material. "Scarlet" would be nice to finally have if plundering the vaults continues. I don't imagine Polydor or Interscope would ship platinum the way Virgin was willing to even as late as 2005. That's probably a consideration for any actual new album.

Date: August 30, 2010 16:00

But shipping platinum is a moot point now. And has been since 1991.

Date: August 30, 2010 16:21

What if the Stones put out two singles? For example, one in September of '011 while the tour is kicking off and then another one in November. Or whenever. But with not needing to release a hard copy necessarily they could release singles at will. And good ones hopefully. Not crap like Streets Of Love. That way they could plug the songs into the tour, like they did with the Steel Wheels tour.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:31

at least not more great songs have to be replaced by new songs. i rather hear torn and frayed than streets of love 2!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 30, 2010 18:58

colonial
If The Stones were to Tour with no new album would you be disappointed? I wouldn't be really I would be just happy to see The Stones again and I think most people would feel the same way.

Have you no degree of ambition for your favourite band at all ?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2010 18:59

Gazza
colonial

i can't speak for others, but i certainly don't

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:01

Gazza
colonial

Maybe they can tour behind Rolling Stones Monopoly.smoking smiley

Posted by: jacknapier ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:03

there will be no new album, why should they release one?
they will also never ever release most of their already recorded material

its useless to even think about it

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 30, 2010 19:15

jacknapier
they will also never ever release most of their already recorded material

its useless to even think about it

really? can i ponder? daydream? wishfully speculate?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:29

Exactly it's not like EXILE came out with alternate takes, official release of long-bootlegged unreleased songs, and newly-completed outtakes that couned as a handful of new tracks from 2010. There is no reason to expect them to do anything ever again.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: August 31, 2010 00:43

I'd much rather have a new album, especially if it's good, than another tour, if that's the choice.

Date: August 31, 2010 00:52

If they did just that, an album and no tour, it would provide a bit of room, ha ha, to gear up with another recording of some sort and then a tour. Who knows. Do they really have to tour for a new record? What albums haven't the toured? A few. So it can be done again. Maybe they'd do some select dates to hype it.

Nobody knows, right? But it does sound like (or read like) they are gearing something up for '011. I know a few will be glad to have a new album regardless of who produces it and probably a lot will be unhappy about it. So it won't sell well. But the tour will be big enough I'm sure.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 31, 2010 01:02

lets face it they havent relly toured with a new album since 81

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: August 31, 2010 01:04

Billboard mentioned earlier this year a rumour that the Stones were doing a Wal-Mart only release of a new CD. Mentioned a huge marketing campaign followed by a tour in 2011. Anyone else remember reading this? Hope for the best. I don't care if you have to buy it at a Food chain outlet. New CDs are a risky undertaking for any group Today. It will be available on the 'net before it is released. Good for them and us if this proves to be true!

Date: August 31, 2010 06:08

Never heard or read such thing. Only AC/DC.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 31, 2010 07:27

If it's Walmart then there won't be any 'now I'm just one of your cocks' lyrics.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 31, 2010 07:45

I'd personally like to have an album worth of new material w/ Jack White as producer, which could be a breath of fresh air. I don't see their live act getting better.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 31, 2010 12:35

Or play some songs from "A Bigger Bang". For most "fans" this would be the new album anyway.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home