Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

found this info(Beatles, Stones And Sex Pistols To Form Olympic Supergroup?)
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 25, 2011 13:28

The stars of Britain's most famous rock groups, including the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Sex Pistols, have been tipped to come together to form a spectacular supergroup for the launch of the London Olympics.

Organisers of the upcoming 2012 games are currently working out plans for the opening ceremony, which will be directed by Oscar winner Danny Boyle.

Gold medal-winning rower Sir Steve Redgrave has now revealed he is hoping to see Sir Paul MCCartney and Ringo Starr team up with with Sir Mick Jagger and John Lydon to put on a powerful display of British music talent to open the festivities.

He tells Britain's The People newspaper, "The London Games gives us a chance to celebrate our own history... We have to show the world what we are good at. If Sir Paul MCCartney and Ringo came together with great bands like the Rolling Stones and the Sex Pistols it would be fantastic. They are a huge part of our history. It would kick off the party and put us centre of the world's attention."

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: found this info(Beatles, Stones And Sex Pistols To Form Olympic Supergroup?)
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 25, 2011 13:33

Yeah, I had this in my inbox yesterday.

Sounds like someone making a desperate attempt to make this happen, but I doubt it will.

Re: found this info(Beatles, Stones And Sex Pistols To Form Olympic Supergroup?)
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 25, 2011 13:54

April 1st was weeks ago. Wheres the Flying Pig ,Edith Grove ?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 13:56 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 25, 2011 13:55

God what a dreadful idea. For one the Sex Pistols totally slagged off The Stones and Beatles, so I doubt very much Keith, Mick and Macca would even want to jam with The Sex Pistols. Never will happen.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: April 25, 2011 13:57

This is a terrible idea.

The Beatles? thumbs down
Sex Pistols? thumbs down

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 25, 2011 14:10

Certainly seems unlikely, but maybe they meant to say they would perform seperately. Would be ok with me though, as I like them all.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 25, 2011 14:12

The Sexy Rolling Beatles ... doesn't sound that bad, now does it ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 25, 2011 14:30

Rolling Hansie
The Sexy Rolling Beatles ... doesn't sound that bad, now does it ?
I may be biased, but I think I like... Rollingsexybeatles better ; )

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: April 25, 2011 14:40

Can't we throw in Townsend and Daltrey to make it the The Rolling Sex Who-tles?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 25, 2011 16:27

Max'sKansasCity
I may be biased

Of course you are my dear, no bout adoubt it smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: April 25, 2011 16:44

Baxter Thwaites
Can't we throw in Townsend and Daltrey to make it the The Rolling Sex Who-tles?

And leave out Page and Plant? I DEMAND to see the Zepsex Beatle Whostones.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 25, 2011 16:54

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
I may be biased

Of course you are my dear, no bout adoubt it smiling smiley
I'm not biased.... I'm a monkey smileys with beer

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: April 25, 2011 17:16

The Pink Zepsex Beatles Whostones....

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 25, 2011 18:05

Are we talking The Rolling Stones or just Mick ? I guess if it's just Mick, Keith would probaly call it The Beatmick (with a) Pistol band........cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 19:34 by EddieByword.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 25, 2011 18:21

When I read this thread's title all I thought was "Didn't they demolish Olympic Studios?"...

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 25, 2011 18:28

batcave
The Pink Zepsex Beatles Whostones....

Thank you for the Floyd inclusion. Of course, with The Pink Zepsex Beatles Whostones with Elton and Roger May and Ray Davies and Ozzie and Paul Rogers and Peter Gabriel and Jeff Beck and Clapton and Rod, there's not going to be room for any musicians under 60 years old! The UK's rock/pop history in the world is just too strong to represent in anything short of a 3 day festival!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 25, 2011 18:37

London Calling...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 25, 2011 19:07

Worst
Rumour
Ever
thumbs down
eye rolling smiley
sad smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home