Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie solo tour?
Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 29, 2010 20:29

There's been alot of talking about a Ronnie solotour this year a few months ago, but that talk has stopped now.

Faces are touring, and let's assume that the stones will tour next year, do you think there will be a Rwood solo tour too? Will there be enough time for it?

Personally, I think it will be a bit tight for that, but I'd really love to see him solo...

What do you think? Will there be time for that too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-29 20:40 by Pelle.

Re: Ronnie solo tour?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 29, 2010 23:17

I don't think their was ever talk of a Ronnie solo tour. The speculation has always been about The Faces and I don't think he'll be doing anything other than that until the Stones tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 29, 2010 23:24

Where was there talk of a Ronnie solo tour?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 29, 2010 23:28

there was indeed discussion of a ronnie tour awhile back. never paid much attention to it - however with his big, hit-laden album due out imminently, i'm sure the record execs will be having him out promoting it with a worldwide tour....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 30, 2010 03:49

Don't see why he can't throw in a couple of London dates and a few elsewhere - hardly has to be a tour, does it?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 30, 2010 12:56

this guy needs money - thus I'm pretty sure there will be some solo shows

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:15

slewan
this guy needs money - thus I'm pretty sure there will be some solo shows

Ron is as rich as one can be..
I cannot imagine a solo tour can solve his "financial problems".
It is a drop in the ocean so to speak.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:21

Ronnie toured behind his last two albums. It would hardly be surprising if he threw a few shows together quickly. Thing is the album is out in a couple weeks and there's been nothing about shows mentioned recently. The Faces are set to go out again in January allegedly. One wonders what Ronnie will be doing in the interim if he doesn't play live.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:44

Well, theres been quite a few discussions and rumours about a Ronnie tour, you guys must really have been closing your eyes for a while.. check Jan 19 on news and theres a link too.. Also check google.. youll find it.

Date: August 30, 2010 15:47

January 2010 isn't recent. The album is out in September and there's no word of a tour being confirmed. I think that's where everyone's coming from.

Date: August 30, 2010 15:55

Ronnie's tours in 1992-1993 and 2001 weren't in front of 24 people. Same with his solo show in 2005. He can pull a theater audience.

Posted by: jacknapier ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:57

yes maybe in the uk, but outside?
I doubt there have been more than 300 people at one show

nobody knows him and nobody cares, taylor, wyman, wood... they are not important

mick and keith. thats it

Date: August 30, 2010 15:59

Ronnie hasn't played outside the UK since the early nineties. When he did, he played to more than 300 people.

Date: August 30, 2010 16:00

there is no market for a ronnie wood tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-30 16:01 by jacknapier.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:19

jacknapier
there is no market for a ronnie wood tour

you are somehow right (but there's no market for an album too)
If he wants to do solo gigs he can either chose big cities where he will always be able to find an audience (at least enough people to fill a club) OR he has to go to small towns where nothing else ever happens - die hard Stones fans will come from remote places and local people will come because they are thankful that something happens in their hometown.

P.S. Ronnie needs money - models are expansive (even if they're from east europe) and divorces are expansive too (not to talk about alcohol, drugs and rehabs). Surely earnings form a solo turn a just a drop into the ocean but better than nothing (anyway: I could need such a drop too)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-30 16:20 by slewan.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 30, 2010 18:30

The show he, Slash, Fergie and others had in Kristiansand, Norway, last summer was a huge success. Perhaps Ronnie would go on the road for a couple of weeks with some of the people who play on his album. Now, that could be interresting!

Date: August 30, 2010 18:38

Addicted
The show he, Slash, Fergie and others had in Kristiansand, Norway, last summer was a huge success. Perhaps Ronnie would go on the road for a couple of weeks with some of the people who play on his album. Now, that could be interresting!

yes but this thread is about a wood solo tour
dont forget slash and fergie are way bigger stars than ronnie

and I dont know why my post was deleted, I have seen a taylor show
and there have been 30! people. and the tix prices were around 10 dollars

is it not ok to tell the truth here?
is mick taylor such a genius? he may be, but he is no stone anymore, get over it.
he isnt for 40 years now and was also no original member, so why can people insult
ronnie or keith here, but the truth about taylor is forbidden?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-30 18:53 by jacknapier.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 30, 2010 18:43

Pelle
There's been alot of talking about a Ronnie solotour this year a few months ago, but that talk has stopped now.

Faces are touring, and let's assume that the stones will tour next year, do you think there will be a Rwood solo tour too? Will there be enough time for it?

Personally, I think it will be a bit tight for that, but I'd really love to see him solo...

What do you think? Will there be time for that too?

<<< There's been alot of talking about a Ronnie solo tour this year >>>

There was ? Mustn't have been paying attention, because I never heard any of it.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 30, 2010 22:07

Shit, all he needs is another singer. He's already got a band together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home