Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scottish Fans
Date: August 26, 2010 15:34

Glasgow Stones Fans

Please join my Facebook group to keep in touch, relay info and for general Stones banter!

Al

Re: Scottish Fans
Posted by: belld ()
Date: August 26, 2010 22:57

Thanks for this, great idea though might mean having to meet Teleblaster in a Licensed Premises!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 26, 2010 23:29

Wonderful idea and I wish this page all the luck, but as proud Englishman, I'll decline the invite winking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 26, 2010 23:47

Best to you Glaswegians. Went to Scotland on my honeymoon in 1988. The marriage didn't last but my affection for Scotland did. Here's an honorary vote for the SNP.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2010 23:49

Scotland is a heavenly place. spent a couple of weeks there in '06 - can't wait to get back and visit some of the places (i.e. distilleries) that i missed in the firt go-round....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 26, 2010 23:58

StonesTod
Scotland is a heavenly place. spent a couple of weeks there in '06 - can't wait to get back and visit some of the places (i.e. distilleries) that i missed in the firt go-round....

I highly recommend Isle of Skye. They do speak English in the North - of a sort.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 27, 2010 00:14

I'm in.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: August 27, 2010 01:02

71Tele
StonesTod

I highly recommend Isle of Skye. They do speak English in the North - of a sort.

who cares? they have one of the best scotches - talisker. definitely on the itinerary for a second trip....many of the northern hebrides will be visited...as well as orkney....man, i'm getting thirsty just thinking about it...

thanks for the recommendation....

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 27, 2010 11:46

Scottish Rolling Stones Fans out there..Good morning..I live in Edinburghs twin City..Dunedin..New Zealand a city where nearly everyones surname starts with a Mc or a Mac.I love Scotland and its people...Great place
Just one Question..Amy Belle a great singer from Glasgow she done a duet with Rod Stewart once.Has she ever covered any of The Stones songs at all...cheers (BTW..my surname starts with a Mac)..smoking smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 27, 2010 12:37

belld
Thanks for this, great idea though might mean having to meet Teleblaster in a Licensed Premises!

As long as you're paying, old boy, I'm in!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 27, 2010 13:15

Pint of Belhaven please!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 27, 2010 15:40

teleblaster
belld

Nothin' like living up to the stereotype... smileys with beer

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 27, 2010 19:17

Wow, I actually qualify for something!!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 27, 2010 20:18

Count me in. Son of Clydebank.

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: August 28, 2010 01:13

Awrabest, bit dinney dae facebook

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 01:41

There's a few of us aboot

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 28, 2010 01:50

This Aberdonian ain't joining no facebook page which is focused on weegie fans. >grinning smiley<

Date: August 28, 2010 02:01

I'm a 'planter'. Does that count as 'Scottish'?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 28, 2010 11:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-28 11:07 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 28, 2010 11:16

I have met several Scottish Stonesfans at several Stonesconcerts. We always had a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: belld ()
Date: August 28, 2010 13:27

Oh come on your majesty don`t be sheepish. Get in there - some things, like the Stones, totally transcend all other considerations.

Date: August 29, 2010 01:27

Gazza
teleblaster
belld

Nothin' like living up to the stereotype... smileys with beer

Don't worry Gazza. Belld and I have been insulting each other for over twenty years. Alcohol has been known to pass our lips and we do occasionally splash out on Stones tours. Our mutual insults are usually more eloquent, but it's been a while since the O2. We seem to be a bit unusual for this board. Both loved Mick Taylor in the Stones (and beyond), but think Ronnie joining was a shot in the arm for the band. By the way, I think belld wears a wig (a white one, the cunning devil) and he thinks my vibrato just sucks!

Date: August 29, 2010 01:48

teleblaster
We seem to be a bit unusual for this board. Both loved Mick Taylor in the Stones (and beyond), but think Ronnie joining was a shot in the arm for the band.

i know very few who wouldn't agree with that....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 30, 2010 04:01

My maternal great grandparents were both Glaswegians – should I join on that basis?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 30, 2010 07:33

belld
Oh come on your majesty don`t be sheepish...

What was that aboot stereotypes, Gazza? Heeheehee!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 30, 2010 09:45

belld
Oh come on your majesty don`t be sheepish. Get in there - some things, like the Stones, totally transcend all other considerations.

"I said, Hey! Ewe! Get off of McLeod"

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 30, 2010 19:21

OK, so we've established that there are a bunch of fans in Scotland that read this board. This includes an Aberdonian that calls people from Glasgow "weegies" and the immaculately monickered Cooheid who disnae dae facebook (and neither do I, in fact).

Can the gods they made advise through this thread what sort of response he got to his request, i.e., joining his facebook group? Would the non-facebookers be more interested in a non-virtual get together at some future date, e.g., in a pub or a Stones related event (e.g., tribute band or whatever). Just an idea.

Date: August 30, 2010 20:18

Big Al
My maternal great grandparents were both Glaswegians – should I join on that basis?

You sound like an American, Alex....

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:20

Had a great time in Scotland during our 95 UK vacation.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 20:22

ROLLINGSTONE
belld

"I said, Hey! Ewe! Get off of McLeod"

tongue sticking out smiley

that s hey macleod , get off of my ewe

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home