Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones + The Bee Gees
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:34

On T.V last week Robin Gibb of The Bee Gees was been interviewed and went onto say both him and Barry are planning to Tour sometime soon.
With The Bee Gees been British and been around as long as the The Rolling Stones.Have they had anything to do with The Stones before.I think the Bee Gees formed their band in 1963.And they would have to be right up there with The Stones on the Record sales side of it..220 million plus.

Re: The Rolling Stones + The Bee Gees
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 25, 2010 15:16

Tracy Hyde kisses Mick Jagger's poster in British film "Melody."
Soundtrack was the Bee Gees.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 25, 2010 16:26

Today they are equals as older famous musicians, but who would admit they liked Bee Gees 1970?

smoking smiley

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 25, 2010 16:48

I don't want those two bands to have anything in common, please.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:00

Come On
Today they are equals as older famous musicians, but who would admit they liked Bee Gees 1970?

smoking smiley

Me! I was one of the few that liked (and still does)
rock n roll and disco at the same time! Then again
the Bee Gees aren't all about disco, I'm thinking more of the Sat. Night Fever
soundtrack.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-25 17:04 by marchbaby.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:05

I had a mate that digged 'Saved by the bell' and played it over and over again at that time around 1970..I could have killed him in accident...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:06

While Mick may have been aiming more for Don Covay or Marvin Gaye, he sounded a lot like Barry Gibb on Side Two of TATTOO YOU.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:25

If Mick and Amanda Lepore had a kid it'd look like Robin Gibb .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:28

There's some very good disco by the Bee Gees but there's also a lot more to them than just that period. I used to listen to songs like I Started a Joke over and over again.

Didn't Who Killed Christopher Robin? mention Maurice Gibb as one of Brian's musician friends? Anyway, I imagine various Bee Gees and Stones members bumped into one another in London in the '60s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-25 18:17 by Squiggle.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 25, 2010 18:10

colonial
On T.V last week Robin Gibb of The Bee Gees was been interviewed and went onto say both him and Barry are planning to Tour sometime soon.
With The Bee Gees been British and been around as long as the The Rolling Stones.Have they had anything to do with The Stones before.I think the Bee Gees formed their band in 1963.And they would have to be right up there with The Stones on the Record sales side of it..220 million plus.

Buy number of records sold or top ten hits you are probably dead on. The Bee Gees were EXTREMELY popular with their high point being the 1970's. As to who I went to see, Rolling Stones countless times, Bee Gees ZERO!

I can remember pictures of Barry Gibb and Mick Jagger at Studio 54 in NYC. The two bands performing at the same show, I have no idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home